It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Doesn't Have a Religion

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

The ultimate reality is impersonal and therefore there is no need but for selfishness to differentiate between good and evil here Annee.

My unenlightened behavior is simply a failure on your part to accurately percieve my purpose here in this illusion.

My words are mere illusions and if you fail to understand the unity we all have from beginning to end, well, I cannot help that.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

Thanks Mary Rose.

Interesting video. I've never read Stewart. Actually never read any books along those lines.

I had the typical white middle class Christian upbringing. Nothing extreme - - but introduction to church and Jesus.

It NEVER rang true to me. Not even as a kid. I went through all the motions - 'cuz in society felt it was what I was supposed to do.

I had OBE's for as long as I can remember - so I knew there was more going on then what I saw in front of me.

Went through all the New Age stuff - as I came of age during the 60s/70s - - but it was mostly an emotional "playtime" and psuedo belief.

Only when I realized energy - - did I resonate with something real and logical - - - that made complete and total sense with me.

Mystical seems like such a lie and complete fabrication to me.

Not that I don't think energy can present itself in that way - I do.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787
reply to post by mjd59

Measure for measure is talking about knowledge and wisdom and here is what it says:

bible.cc...

New International Version (©1984)
"Consider carefully what you hear," he continued. "With the measure you use, it will be measured to you--and even more.
New Living Translation (©2007)
Then he added, "Pay close attention to what you hear. The closer you listen, the more understanding you will be given--and you will receive even more.

English Standard Version (©2001)
And he said to them, “Pay attention to what you hear: with the measure you use, it will be measured to you, and still more will be added to you.

American King James Version
And he said to them, Take heed what you hear: with what measure you mete, it shall be measured to you: and to you that hear shall more be given.

American Standard Version
And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete it shall be measured unto you; and more shall be given unto you.

Bible in Basic English
And he said to them, Take care what you give ear to: in the same measure as you give you will get, and more will be given to you.

Douay-Rheims Bible
And he said to them: Take heed what you hear. In what measure you shall mete, it shall be measured to you again, and more shall be given to you.

Darby Bible Translation
And he said to them, Take heed what ye hear; with what measure ye mete, it shall be meted to you; and there shall be more added to you.

English Revised Version
And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete it shall be measured unto you: and more shall be given unto you.

Webster's Bible Translation
And he said to them, Take heed what ye hear: With the measure which ye give, it shall be measured to you: and to you that hear shall more be given.

Weymouth New Testament
He also said to them, "Take care what you hear. With what measure you measure, it will be measured to you, and that with interest.

World English Bible
He said to them, "Take heed what you hear. With whatever measure you measure, it will be measured to you, and more will be given to you who hear.

Young's Literal Translation
And he said to them, 'Take heed what ye hear; in what measure ye measure, it shall be measured to you; and to you who hear it shall be added;

Matthew 7:2 "For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Luke 6:38 "Give, and it will be given to you. They will pour into your lap a good measure-- pressed down, shaken together, and running over. For by your standard of measure it will be measured to you in return."

It is not what one man will inflict on another evil man.

The bible says an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth,
that clause is in the Old Testament.

That concept is called retribution.

Justice is Mine says the Lord.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by slugger9787]

And an eye for an eye is true Justice.

are you forgetting that we have a moral responsibility to society? Its self righteous to believe that returning evil for evil is wrong. Its completely right, and completely inline with the divine decree. And evil doer will recieve exactly that which he inflicted on another. Its a maxim of justice. If we just ignore nor it, and 'leave it to the lord', what comes of this world? Evildoers will scoff at such stupidity and chaos and anrachy would prevail.

Theres a reason the world has never worked by that system. Its illogical. fortunately, the creator imbued us with the ability to reason; and reasoning is a stepping stone towards wisdom.

By understanding the past, you can know the future - this is wisdom.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by mjd59]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mjd59

I believe in prisons, death penalty
and all of that social
consequences of crims.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

The ultimate reality is impersonal and therefore there is no need but for selfishness to differentiate between good and evil here Annee.

I realize you are incapable of independent thought.

Try reading your own posts. They sound like a programmed machine.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

annee which are you in your basic belief about reality?

Naturalism=atheistic
Pantheism=only spiritual reality exists, everything is part of G*d, G*d is in everything and everyone
Polytheism=the world is populated by spirit beings who govern
Post modernism=reality is socially constructed
Theism=Spirit and material all created by one entity

I know you are intelligent enough to answer that.

Ever heard of Panentheism? Its the Jewish philosophy, and of course the only true one. Islam also has this belief.

G-d is both in the world, and all we see in the world is an expression of his unity, but he is also outside the world. Not constrained by it. And yes, G-d is a personal G-d. To believe otherwise would be to ignore many of the phenomena that we experience. Emotion, suffering, joy happiness. G-d is involved in each of this, and every bit of it is carefully crafted by Divine providence. The way to unite the Divine thought(that is, G-ds intention) is through Emuna (faith). This involves, believing everything that happens to you is for the good, and everything that happens has a specific intent in it.

Also, in Kabbalistic language, G-d operates in two basic ways with his creatures. Through the name Elohim (which has the same gematria as Hateva/nature) and YHVH. The first name symbolizes contraction, and so, those with a deistic, polytheistic, nature bound philosophy, G-d will relate to them in that way. Atheists, agnostics, are also treated according to this 'random' system. Conversely, YHVH is a name that is known only through faith and prayer. Personal prayer. This is how G-d ENTERS every personal detail of ones life. The animals dont have the capability to ask for anything, we however, do. We possess a level of consciosness that is unconstrained by 'nature', in that we HAVE a natural inclination towards base things, but we have the ability of choice to CHANGE our natures. This is something profound, mystically, and this is why G-d changes nature when on turns to him in such a way.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by mjd59]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose

I bet you really are blond.
LOL

Hmmmm.

You must be feeling that you're losing an argument.

WOW Mary Rose, you must either be precognitive or clairvoyant.
I am totally amazed.

Are you perhaps sensing and divining my emotional ripples and energy on the astral plane and recombining them into thought perception energy wave patterns to discern my feelings, which are not "that you are losing an arguement."

Which by the way the fact:
"You must be feeling that you're losing an arguement."
Is not a feeling it is a thought.

gnosticism/vedanta can turn into megalomania very quickly.

I know many buddhists/hindus/christians who take the personal situation of everyone very seriously, and consider it a divine commandment to be sensitive and respectful of everyone, no matter at what level theyre at. If they insult you, no need to return it. As you said earlier 'its in the Lords hands'. Insulting another person isnt going to get them the death penality or any punishment in this world, but in the next, they have a surprise coming for them.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

My unenlightened behavior is simply a failure on your part to accurately percieve my purpose here in this illusion.

My words are mere illusions and if you fail to understand the unity we all have from beginning to end, well, I cannot help that.

Im not sure what youre saying, but its sounds very manichean gnostic to me. Have yuo read CG Jung? or are you just reading that theosophical crap? Ive read all of that myself. I know what yuor talking about. Im sure youre relating the importance of 'embracing the dark goddess kali'. Thats how you overcome suffering, by worshipping evil forces.

Yup. seems sensible. Theres also another less, corrupt way to do that. You dont need to embrace the dark side and have to witness its horrific colors. You can turn to the creator, and leave the idolatry of hinduism etc.

I dont personally have a problem with hniduism, except Tantra. The worship and propiation of 'deities', ie; archetypes, is remarkably pathetic.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Evolvement in energy consciousness is an eternal "journey" in positive to purity with the One - the First Creator.

An Eye for an Eye is stagnant. Evolving requires positive thought energy not only for oneself - but for all energies.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mjd59

Ever heard of Panentheism? Its the Jewish philosophy, and of course the only true one.

I do believe we are a created race*. I do believe off planet and/or dimensional beings are Our Gods. Both benevolent and malevolent.

I believe the War in Heaven - - was a real war for control of earth.

But ALL energies are of the original One Creator - the First.

-----------------------------------------

*I can not say if all matter in the universe was formed into planets and physical life by the Creator. Formed matter - such as planets and physical Life could be arranged/formed by sub-creators. It is inconsequential. Just wanted to be clear.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Ever heard of Panentheism? Its the Jewish philosophy, and of course the only true one.

I do believe we are a created race*. I do believe off planet and/or dimensional beings are Our Gods. Both benevolent and malevolent.

I believe the War in Heaven - - was a real war for control of earth.

But ALL energies are of the original One Creator - the First.

-----------------------------------------

*I can not say if all matter in the universe was formed into planets and physical life by the Creator. Formed matter - such as planets and physical Life could be arranged/formed by sub-creators. It is inconsequential. Just wanted to be clear.

I dont know what youve been reading, maybe a little too much zecharia sitchin, idk.

Read CG Jung, Erich Neuman, Von Franz, Joseph Campbell. Do you also think fairies and giants exist? Im not deriding your views, just expressing to you the mutlifarious nature of world mythology. The only thing mythology refers to is mans inner situation. This world is a symbolic analogy for the higher world, as the Hermetic axiom goes 'as above, so below'. The mythologies of the past are to be understood allegorically.

This is all more easily distilled when you read CG Jung, the father of psychoanalysis.

So, Annunaki, Nephilim, theyre both symbols. If you were to read the Sumerian legend of the Innanas decent into the underworld, she first had to go through 7 doors; these correspond to the 7 sefirot; or emotional spheres. Each one had a force which she had to overcome. When she reached the end, she was judged by the 7 annunaki. These 7 correspond to the 7 negative manifestations of the 7 emotional faculties. These are the forces, which, in pagan psychology, need to become integrated in order for the "hero" (inanna being a symbol for ones soul) to realize true self fullfilment.

There are many good books on the subject that i highly suggest you read.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mjd59

I don't think it matters what/why/how I believe. It is my belief. I am simply stating it.

It does not make it wrong or right - to you or anyone else.

I am not asking you or anyone else to agree.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Annee]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I do believe we are a created race*.

Again, Stewart has a lot to say about this. His book Blue Blood, True Blood - Conflict & Creation states that humanoids in our galaxy come from the star system Lyrae. He says he personally had an encounter with a transparent being when he was around sixteen years old who told him telepathically that its species had created reptilians to antagonize and test these humans, and that they were assisted by the Sirians of Sirius A in creating the reptilians and placing them in the Draco star system.

The book further states that the Draco reptilians attacked the Lyraeans, and that eventually, to try to stop the fighting, human-reptilian hybrids were created. That would be us. We have a small amount of reptilian in us. The Illuminati, however, are 50/50.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

reply to post by mjd59

I don't think it matters what/why/how I believe. It is my belief. I am simply stating it.

It does not make it wrong or right - to you or anyone else.

I am not asking you or anyone else to agree.

The need to judge is your issue - not mine.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Annee]

Its a delusional belief though.

There is a right and a wrong way to understand things. Youre way of understanding mythology is wrong. Its also propaganda. There are no aliens in space annee.

And who says im judging? you keep repeating the same things. The 'gods' are aliens? Say that to any academic and they'll laugh in your face. What do you think mysticism and spirituality is all about? The need for imagery, allegory, is because the unconscious, are restive minds, speak in the language of images. The images themselves are highly symbolic of ones inner situation. The archetype is what the ancients worshipped as gods

I once thought as you did. But than i put down the nutjob books on theosophy, sitchins, etc, and picked up a book on comparitice mythology, psychoanalysis, and i realized how wrong my earlier views were.

Its nothing to feel ashamed about, but it is highly crucial you correct your mistakened view and learned the truth.

I dont like to see people deluding themselves.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

In your opinion.

Let's be clear.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I do believe we are a created race*.

Again, Stewart has a lot to say about this. His book Blue Blood, True Blood - Conflict & Creation states that humanoids in our galaxy come from the star system Lyrae. He says he personally had an encounter with a transparent being when he was around sixteen years old who told him telepathically that its species had created reptilians to antagonize and test these humans, and that they were assisted by the Sirians of Sirius A in creating the reptilians and placing them in the Draco star system.

The book further states that the Draco reptilians attacked the Lyraeans, and that eventually, to try to stop the fighting, human-reptilian hybrids were created. That would be us. We have a small amount of reptilian in us. The Illuminati, however, are 50/50.

LOL, why would you believe ANY of this?

You do know the internet is DELIBERATELY filled with false information right?

The illuminati does exist. Theyre not aliens though, Theyre mystics. Men and women just like you or I. However, they do engage in sorcery. do you know how it works? Knowledge is the form of the soul. When you corrupt ones knowledge, you control their reality. You build for them a false reality. This is how propaganda works. Its incredibly effective and since ancient times they have done this.

This is what all false information on the internet is about. trivializing and corrupting the truth. the more differing views there are, the more equivocal any position becomes. some, however, unfortunately, fall into this sorry way of looking at things.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mjd59

How do you know?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

I may have to start reading him. I don't really read or study.

I just resonate with what seems real and right to me. As does everyone I guess.

I'm actually very cautious about focusing on any one belief - or person. I'm cautious of being influenced by outside words - - rather then internal or meditative "messages".

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

In your opinion.

Let's be clear.

No, not just my opinion. Its actually a concrete fact.

If you were to share this view with a person whos actually educated in mystical/spiritual thought, they would probably laugh or feel sorry for you. Mytholgies are allegorical.

I know this, my dreams nightly speak in highly allegorical manners. Archetypes, are in essence 'spiritual', that is, intelligences of the unconscious, which possess numinosity (psychic energy). Thus, you can actually manipulate physical reality by contacting them. this is what magic is all about. And this is what worship of these powers as gods/goddesses was about. By offerring thanks and intention to them, this actually assuaged the negative affect that such an archetype would have on your life. So, aprogdite - love, Aries, War, etc. These are archetypal 'emotional' forces symbolized allegorically. When they appear in dreams or visions, theyre not ACTUALLY physically present, but apparitions from your own inner being. They appear in some symbolic fashion.

this is why its important to understand mystical philosophy, otherwise, youre led into seriously erroneous beliefs, like this.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

How do you know?

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join