It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Doesn't Have a Religion

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
My thoughts exactly, i've known this for quite awhile.
I'm usually careful with my wording of 'think' and 'know' but in this case i'm certain it's a 'know'.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bruxfinn

What are you saying? I don't understand what you mean.

Do you think God has gender?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
God can’t be confined by anything but the highest aspiration of humans which exists in the heart.
Therefore God is neither male nor female though the female essence is the closest thing to paradise or heaven in the human experience.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
That's great. And the American Christian Evangelicals will tell you to a person that they are "not religious" and that they don't follow any religion. They simply know what's true, they will tell you. My own sister tries to tell me this often.

That's is why they are so frickin' scary. That is why they are cultists.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
There is no 'God'. No all high Overseeing being. Nada. All we are is a combination of chemicals. A culmination of countless millennia's worth of trial and error. Pick & mix.

The bible, Religion. Its all bollocks. Just primitive minds trying to make sense of it all.

I truly believe that the bible and religion were just some man made # to keep everybody in check. Before the advent of modern media.

If you do this! Your good. God will love you.
If you do this! Your bad. God wont be your friend.

Whatever man. Smacks of primitive control methods

Of course. I could be wrong. Its just my opinion. Don't lynch me

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
God = Love

Love has no Gender.

God = wisdom

Wisdom has no Gender

God = Compassion

Compassion has no Gender

God = Light

Light has no Gender

Very good post
S&F

Of course God has no religion
Religion's are what humans call their own personal belief's regarding the creator. And from what i have learned from studying many religion's... they all lead to the list above.

Different paths, same destination.

Keep it simple.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Oh yes ! I agree, god is not an entity. And , if i may, its religion who create the father, the son and the holy spirit. OH MY...the holy spirit, how convinient, what a bright idea to make it actual.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Matt.Trakker

Ah but the concept of a "higher power" does not depend upon the parts that are undoubtly devices for control.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose

What are you saying? I don't understand what you mean.

Do you think God has gender?

what I am saying is that gender is not a phenomenon only found on Earth...

Stars have gender...the are Male.
Planets have gender...the are female.
Time has a gender...it is Male.
Space has a gender ... it is Female.

What I am saying is that the answer to the question, does God have a gender, has not been proven and that by assuming one way or the other you have created a rigid belief system that may be wrong...A Religion.

I assumed this thread was one of liberation from constructs, but your insistence that you know the answer to this question has made it into a religious indoctrination...specifically a sect created by a random person on a conspiracy forum.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal
. . . though the female essence is the closest thing to paradise or heaven in the human experience.

What is the male essence?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Actually, I expressed my opinion, and I asked you for yours.

I disagree that stars and things have gender.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I recently had a spiritual experience which resulted in me pondering about the same thing you speak of in the OP. What really stuck out to me in your post is the following excerpt: "Stripped of organized religion, people are left with their own consciousness and the freedom to connect to God". This accurately describes the revelation I had, well said.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

This is no god. Wake up.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by prophecywatcher

Yes, I'm with you on that. Religion should only be a means to an end - but instead people make religion their end, almost like a god - and defend it passionately and often violently - in total disregard of the very words of God, or the laws of the universe which they are isupposed to foster.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tribble

My own Mass 24/7, where is it? It's in my heart and my back yard or while I am at work, where clean living is boundless and acts common courtesy fill my soul.

This is exactly what most do not get. You don't need church to tell you what to believe or not believe. You also don't need a book to lead you to "this" way or "that" way. It is all inside yourself. One just needs to let go of the human ego and things become much simpler to understand.

link   

Originally posted by Matt.Trakker
I truly believe that the bible and religion were just some man made # to keep everybody in check. Before the advent of modern media.

It is my understanding, also, that religions have been man-made as a control device.

I think that interspersed in scriptures is much wisdom. But it's the organized religious institutions that I object to.

link   
reply to post by enzomedici

In your opinion. Why should everyone adopt yours as best?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
reply to post by spy66

How do the Hindu and Buddhist religions fit in?

Firstly, AMAZING thread... i would say you've hit the nail on the head almost perfectly

Hinduism & Buddhism to apply simply, was modeled to be a way of life.
Hinduism, as most are aware is one of the earliest "religions" or beliefs in known human history.
the vast number of scriptures are almost impossible for a normal (work-home) individual to probably complete in one educated life time.
Buddhism is an off shoot of Hinduism, which has incorporated some of the aspects from the "parent"
Buddhism is concise comparatively, with no GOD as such but Buddha being the God like figure & the "prayers" being meditation. It's main concepts revolve around peace & humanity.

Hinduism over time, i believe has been "hijacked" by people for mental satisfaction where the need to prove one religion greater than the next & one God superior to the other.

Most Hindus today probably have forgotten the roots, origins and primary teachings of Hinduism and turned more towards belief in unlimited number of gods, unlimited types of rituals, prayer services etc.

But honestly speaking, to understand ANYTHING about Hinduism, it greatly advised to read the original scriptures such as the 4 Vedas, Upanishads, Gita, Kamasutra (this is not a sex guide as most people perceive) in its original form, Sanskrit. when the British invaded India, there were a number of authors & educated people who were fascinated by the wealth of knowledge and have translated the works in English.

Similarly, the Nazis were also extremely amazed at the knowledge in these ancient scriptures, that they carefully (read - did not plunder) translated to German. Almost every text on Hinduism is available in German.

That is the origin of the Nazi SWASTIKA which is originally a symbol of Good Luck in Hinduism. So is the Star.

Hope this helps!

Thanks again for this wonderful post. You are on the right track, you will reach your "destination" sooner than later

Star & Flag to you.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
God Worships Me!!!!
Maybe since I have not forgiven him for his sins is the reason
he is so harsh and complex to all of you.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Okay, first of all to say God is male, female or an "It" or whether God adheres to a religion like us, you have to first question whether such an entity exists at all. Starting with the question of gender, if God, the supreme creator of every single, tiny, unimaginable thing did exist then why would God model itself after a human gender. Think about how massive this universe is that we live in. It is a very nice thought to think that we, as a race of beings, were "chosen" to be made in God's likeness, but after knowing how many species of different lifeforms could potentially be populating the universe it doesn't really seem likely anymore. Secondly, let's just say that God was human and did make us in his image, why would a supreme and perfect being be of the same thread as a flaw-infested race as humans? That doesn't make since. Then for this perfect being to follow something as insignificant as a religion would only mean that God is not perfect and could not be the one true creator of everything. Just my 2 cents.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by keepingtheblade]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join