It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Doesn't Have a Religion

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
In case you haven't noticed, this is a discussion board and we are discussing Religion, Faith, And Theology.

Yes, and it should be done in a civil manner.

Your are soooo clueless.lol

This is not an argument.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

How am I not being civil ?

And to answer that sooo clueless statement it should have read your sooo ignorant. (not you)

I believe its a lie that God ever wanted blood sacrifices and that God ever chose a certain people and that God ever had a plan for us to kill his son for salvation....but why bring those things up to you? Just as though I cant prove those things are lies...you cant prove they are truths.

Truth is is that these things did happen as written.God did indeed want sacrifice,He did chose a certain people,He was the ultimate sacrifice. How does this prove anything but truth. Just because you cant except it does not mean its a lie. Your like the parent who just found out their kid is on dope and refuses to believe.The questions you should ask yourself is why.

How is that for an argument ?

[edit on 24-8-2010 by oliveoil]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

How am I not being civil ?

Here is how:

. . . it should have read your sooo ignorant.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Im sorry for the bluntness,but I call them how I see them.
The Bible clearly states that the Jews were Gods chosen people.That Jesus died for our salvation, and God permits sacrifice. Is she not reading the same bible?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

What makes you think other people should see things the way you do?

Are you serious? Or, are you being cute?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Wow! where did that come from? I dont expect anyone to see eye to eye on belief however, These things which I speak of are as plain as day written in the bible. I can give you hundreds of verses if you like. Just because some have a false perception of the nature of God, doesn't mean what was written was a lie.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
reply to post by Annee

I think the original energy has always been here. That's easier for my brain than the question, "How did the energy get here?"

I accept that too - - really.

Everything is energy - - how it began is really inconsequential.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose

This is not an argument.

Thank you Mary Rose.

I try to simply state what I believe or think.

I will sometimes do a bit of "soft" debate - - but try to "turn the other cheek" and remove myself from discussion if it gets judgmental/accusatory or just down right nasty.

I have nothing to prove.

Everyone has a right to their own truth.

[Edit spelling]

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Annee]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I think your post shows tunnel vision on your part.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Looks to me as if you want to keep this thread going long after the fact.You have nothing concrete to say other than to edge me on. Obviously you know nothing about the bible and It shows as of the title of your thread. Save this for for like minded people.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Since the bible was written by men who God used to write it, It is no doubt divinely inspired.Therefore not one part or word of the bible is "not truth". When someone insists that the bible is not truth, your dam right I am going to ask them why they think this. The burden of proof is upon them.

So i take it you believe the whole word of God? Rape foreigners? Enslave people, kill people of other faith? Don't wear mixed fabircs? We are ALL born with sin?

HOW IS THE BURDEN OF PROOF ON US? You make a wacko claim like invisible unicorns exist, expect to be asked to back it up.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Funny, not one philosopher, theologian, mathematician, scientist has ever irrefutably proved the existence of God, whatever you define God as, The Christian God, the Islamist God. Funny how the invisible and the non-existent look very much alike.

"written by men who God used to write it" That also made me laugh. And it's also funny how "GOD" only had the knowledge of the men at the time.

He didn't mention anything about curing disease to save lives, he didn't mention anything about the theory of relativity or mention any laws of motion. Funny that God had the SMALL minds of the men at the time.

Its not hard to understand; man made God, not the other way around.

[edit on 24/8/10 by awake_and_aware]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

So i take it you believe the whole word of God? Rape foreigners? Enslave people, kill people of other faith? Don't wear mixed fabircs? We are ALL born with sin?

Where does it say that God wants us to rape foreigners, Enslave people,Kill people of other faith, mix fabircs ?.

HOW IS THE BURDEN OF PROOF ON US?
Were you not paying attention?. THIS IS A THEOLOGY FORUM!! Theology is the study of religious TRUTHS!!.Annee had said that the Bible is not truth.I was simply asking her to give me an example. It is her obligation to back up what she says. Can you back her claim up for her? Perhaps maybe one of your cronies can? They have not as of yet.They cant, nor can you. Im not asking to prove me wrong, all I am doing is asking you to back up your claim that The bible is not truth. Just give me one example.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
For the record, this thread was moved from the Metaphysics forum on ATS to this forum by a moderator.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

LOL it figures.Probably the same mod who "Fined" me 1000 points for being ill mannered. A conspiracy in the works. I believe that they do these kind of things to put people up against each other.

In any event, all apologies

Annee ,this means you.

now how do I turn this ignore feature off

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

now how do I turn this ignore feature off

Under Member Tools go to ATS Account Settings, Manage Ignores.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Everyone has a right to their own truth.

[Edit spelling]

You have never been closley
involved with Jeff Dahmer, Charles Manson.

Everybody is not right.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by slugger9787]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Hello Oliveoil

My point to you was even if Annee explained to you certain things she thinks is not 'truth' within the Bible...her idea is going to be based on 'belief' and 'personal reasoning'....so it wont be 'proof of a lie'.

Just as if someone asked you to offer truths within the Bible...you could give examples or claim the whole thing is truth...but this is not proof, it is your personal 'belief' and Im sure you have personal 'reasons' to back your belief.

Surely you understand that when someone makes a claim of not accepting the Bible as truth...even if they say they believe there are lies within the Bible...this is not proof of anything, it is a belief.And this forum does support discussions on 'belief' for it is a forum also for 'faith'.

I can not offer you proof...nor can anyone else, nor can you. What ever we offer as our thoughts and beliefs...is opinion/faith ect.

This makes no one ignorant to the Bible on either side...I wish you were up for discussions sake more often then telling people its black and white and they are ignorant to the Bible if they dont accept it.

You ask others to show you where there are lies in the Bible...how can they do that? It would not be proof that its a lie....it would be a 'belief'. Just as though if you come here and claim there are truths in the Bible and someone says 'show me the truths'....it would only be your belief that you are showing them.

I offered you what I 'believe' to be lies in the Bible...but I dont claim those things as a truth. I can give reasons for why I feel those things are lies...but again, its not proof. I can admit that my 'beliefs and ideas' are my personal understandings after studying the Bible...and if you want to claim your beliefs as facts that is fine, but its still your belief and nothing more to others.

Im not sure why you get so frustrated with people when they state their beliefs about the Bible...when your thoughts about the Bible are also nothing more then beliefs/faith.

This forum is not only about Theology...and there is no fact that the Bible is truth, so this forum should not be limited to only accepting the Bible as truth. It is also about faith....and some people place faith in the idea that men lie and men can write things with much distortion based on ego and based on limited knowledge.

I would never call anyone ignorant because they dont accept something that cant be proven. I know the Bible very well....you make assumptions that sense people dont accept the Bible as a truth (even though they may find some truths of spiritual wisdom within it)....they are ignorant to the Bible.

You also make the assumption that people know nothing about God or the nature of God if they dont follow what the Bible says about God.

I BELIEVE/have FAITH in the idea that no Earthly object made by the hands of man is the means that God intended for man to learn about God. I think Thee made a way for us to know Thee through something that is not made by man, something that can not rust nor be destroyed, something that does not rely on man to have to place faith in what other men tell them....which is all the life in the Universe, all the cycles, orders, and workings of life itself. Even my own belief...is not something I claim as truth, such as you choose to do.

Im not trying to make conflict or cause hard feelings or cause any bad vibes here...Im just discussing, which I hope you are able to do as well.

I think some are not willing to offer you their explanations because they know you wont discuss things....you try to state things as facts that you can not offer proof for.

Can you back up your claims that the Bible is truth?

My best to you always
LV

[edit on 24-8-2010 by LeoVirgo]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787
reply to post by Annee

You have never been closley
involved with Jeff Dahmer, Charles Manson.

Everybody is not right.

I'm just not even gonna go there.

I realize you view everything literally - - as it suits you.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
One might consider the wisdom of not removing the boxing gloves :bash: before entering a thread entitled: God Doesn't Have a Religion

Especially if one believes God does.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Stewart Swerdlow has some very thought-provoking things to say about the Bible. I like Stewart as a source because he is a survivor of a shadow government secret project and I think he has access to inside information.

In the book Stewart Says... published by Expansions Publishing Company copyright 2004 he writes that the Bible is a coded work not to be taken literally and that Israeli scientists working for the Mossad had released information that the first five books of Moses are encoded and could only be deciphered by running the words without breaks between them through a computer system, resulting in entire messages from the sequences of Hebrew letters, which are also numbers, related to the modern world and future, which amounts to potential futures and dates - the outcome of which will be determined by each person. Stewart writes:

The implication was that all possibilities would occur somewhere in the vastness of existence and parallel realities within the God-Mind.

Additionally, Stewart writes:

Interestingly, the codes were related to the cover story in the conventional part of the Bible. The computer was even able to show hyperspace archetypes encoded in the sequences of codes. When all of the archetype symbols were put together to create an overall master symbol, it showed a tetrahedron inside of an octahedron. All forms come from this one master God-Mind symbol.

Regarding the New Testament:

Most of the New Testament has been rewritten during Roman times to facilitate the goals of the Illuminati who then controlled the Vatican.

The next thing he says in this chapter really fascinates me:

Every letter and word in the Hebrew Bible has a vibration along with the meaning. Studying this is a science called Gematria. By just changing a letter in a word, the vibration changes. By adding and subtracting vowels you can alter the meaning and manifestation. This is part of the Kabbala mystery which is understood in many Secret Societies. This is why the Illuminati love to play on words and meanings - giving them double and triple entendres.

Stewart concludes the chapter with:

The Bible is not the Word of God. It was written by humans and altered many times. The Old Testament was created by a computer, probably not of this Earth. Studying this code is a fascinating lifetime's work well worth the effort. Bible school will never be the same!

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join