It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Doesn't Have a Religion

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mjd59

BTW...I have studied all religions. The Bible is the book I have studied the most and still use it more then any other book for my studies.

It teaches me more about earthly things of flesh though, then of Spirit.

Each to their own...always
LV

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
reply to post by mjd59

BTW...I have studied all religions. The Bible is the book I have studied the most and still use it more then any other book for my studies.

It teaches me more about earthly things of flesh though, then of Spirit.

Each to their own...always
LV

Thats the amazing thing about the Torah. It absolutely unites the spiritual to the physical. It APPEARS so banal and mundane in its simple meaning, but the esoteric study is as spiritual and meaningful as the subject can be.

That btw is the point of the Torah. Not to make mutually exclusive the worlds of spirit and matter, as gnostic and eastern philosophy does. Theres no effective unification between these two forces. Theyre either in the mode of spirit, and so focus themselves in spiritual pursuits, or, in carnal and animalistic behavior.

Or, with the case of many of them (not all, i know many buddhist and native americans who i have great respect and praise for) they defile G-ds creation by 'spiritualizing' the mundane by sensing the spiritual in all things. this is typical of gnosticism and vedanta. Rampant sexuality, infidelity, crude humor, insensitivty etc.

Torah however combines the physical to the spiritual in the most meaningful way. First, it commands man in a real way to overcome his lower animalistic SELFISH nature. To not glorify the body and object, as Greek culture so often does, but to glorify the body only in service of the soul , and when its done, its done in a private and modest manner, between husband and wife (unlike the repulsive tantras etc)

[edit on 23-8-2010 by mjd59]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
reply to post by mjd59

No book can be proven to be truth.

History of the names, places, and beliefs placed where in may be facts...but there is not proof that God had involvement in the writings of any book.

It may be truth to you...you may find understanding with a book so then you see it as it must be a truth.

You cant even prove God...or the nature of God...to anyone. People can accept it as truth...but that does not prove it is truth.

From my spiritual experiences...God has no religion and religions have tainted the nature of God.

From 'my truth'....the Holy Spirit has shown me why God would not leave all the answers in a book, a Earthly object, and then count on mankind to believe other men.

Gods 'book' was placed in the design of the Universe, in a place where it cant be destroyed or tainted, in a place where man does not have to rely on another man to find truth.

You can not prove there is truth in any book about God...for you cant prove to another man there is a God.

What ever a person is learning and accepting, has personal reason for that person. What ever path someone is on, is what they are in need of. We will learn from all things.

Religion is of man...not of Spirit. This is truth for me...but I dont go around claiming it is a absolute truth for the world.

Read CG Jungs and wolfgang paulies "the interpretation of nature and psyche". This book is quite profound, mainly because of its implications. It basically says that the unconscious forces are alse the basis of quantum reality. This is in effect how 'magic' can influence physical reality. This book was wellll before its time.

But, today, were seeing amazing fruits of this knowledge, mainly in teh sphere of kabbalah and those privy to the mysteries of Hebrew.

For instance, there are 86 naturally occuring metals. no more have been discovered for some 40 years. This is it. 86. This is the gematria (numerical value) of the name elohim. 86 is its archetypal quanity (numbers are archetypal, as CG Jung and paulie establish in their book. Its a very deep book that connects the mind to the world of mathematics) Elohim in kabbalah symbolizes 'contraction', and so its amazing that the one thing which manifests life, but in the most contracted fashion, metal, appears in 86 forms.

Another amazing fact. Modern string theory conjectures 26 fundamental dimensions based on the 26 fundamental constants established by modern science. 26. This world basically works through 26 different physical constants that enables reality to work. The gematria of the tetragrammaton YHVH is 26!, this is also the english gematria of God. The tetragrammaton is referred to in kabbalah as the essential name!

and this was mentioned in Arthur I millers book "the strange friendship of CG Jung and Wolfgang paulie". The DNA of an atom, which is essnetially determined through analyzing the pattern of spectral lines, which appear as two lines, one opposite the other; the differentiation between these two lines is the number 137. this is the mathematical equation which separates them (this is very famous number. google it for more info). The gematria of kabbalah is 137. and amazingly, this again perfectly accord with its physical manifestation. Kabbalah explains how the spiritual is found in the physcial. Or how the spiritual is 'mirrored' in the physical; EXACTLY like how the spectral line, the core of an atom, is two lines, one opposite the other, and the number which separates them is 137. I know this seems abstract, buts its absolutely amazing. Science is revealing the absolute truth, the scientific FACT of how Hebrew is truly the language of creation.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Also, you have to understand things allegorically.

Cause honestly, thats all we are, an analogy.

The world is an analogy, as the ancient axiom goes "as above so below".

The torah, a book, is the book, or story, of creation. Mns archetypal journey is expressed through it. not just recently, but the whole history of creation is in it.

It relates two different creation epochs. One is the creation of the physical universe. and teh 2nd is in Genesis 2, where the torah repeats (nothing in the Torah is accidental) "When G-d created heaven and earth". This heaven and earth refers to mans spirtiual and physical construction. Our bodies are of the earth, and so literally can be understood to be earth, while our minds our of the heaven, the unconscious realm.

What happened 5770 years ago was the creation of a self conscious being, Adam. This also coincides with the first relics of civilization, in Sumer, circa 3800 BCE.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
seriously, you can all find your truths in a book, if it should suit you to. you can all think that your view of "GOD' is the right view, if it suits you. However, if you sit there and force your views on another you are pathetic. It is obvious we don't know the meaning of life. it is obvious you wont find it in a book that has been rewritten over and over again. You can bet that all the worlds religions believe then same principle, that has been twisted by man through the ages. But, if you believe that the almighty has one religion and one group of people he loves over all others then you are lost. lets say christianity is the true religion why did "GOD" deem it so that it only spread to certain areas....it must be man's or satan's fault right? you ignorant people..... the truth is we don't know all we know is that there is a "GOD" because we see it everyday when we see our children laugh

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by gator1177
..... the truth is we don't know all we know is that there is a "GOD" because we see it everyday when we see our children laugh

I do not know there is a god.

There are plenty of children in this world not laughing.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

But there is a Creator.

We all came from It.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

Call it a creator, call it reality, call it the infinite force, call it the law of the universe.

Just don't pretend he's a human or a being, don't pretend you know he has rules and regulations, don't fool yourself in thinking man could know this, don't think the bible is proof for God's actions. Don't even call it God.

Just wait for science to prove what it is, screw faith, search for truth.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Except for your tone, I can go for that.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Another thing that Stewart Swerdlow has said that I relate to is this. The fact that 97% of DNA in all creatures is identical and only 3% makes us different is an indication of something that unites us all.

To me, that's what we need to zero in on to help us make a better world.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Yeah i wasn't having a tone with you, i was speaking generally, not specifically about "you"

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Humans are part dafodil as well, it's this reality which unites us. And religion which separates us.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
And religion which separates us.

Bravo.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
reply to post by Annee

But there is a Creator.

We all came from It.

There was a beginning - a creation. Some argue there was no beginning - there has always been existence. But come on - everything has to begin before it can exist.

As I believe energy itself evolved into consciousness/intelligence.

So for me - energy/consciousness/intelligence is the Creator.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

what created the original energy?

everything has a beginning, what created original energy, which evolved into consciousness/intelligence?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I also believe the Creator creates sub-creators and there are layers and layers and layers and layers of this intelligent/consciousness existence.

I believe Earth and Humans were DNA manipulated by sub-creators many layers removed from the Creator. (whether or not original humans and earth were original creations by the Creator - can be speculated)

So in that vein - humans would have their own creator. But then - for what purpose were earth beings manipulated to be human? Was it benevolent? Was it for control? Was it for a slave race?

If we were DNA manipulated by a creator to be a slave race - - - is Jesus from another evolved race trying to free us from our captor?

Its just so easy to read a book and follow the sheep.

Asking real questions is the first step to freedom.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787
reply to post by Annee

what created the original energy?

everything has a beginning, what created original energy, which evolved into consciousness/intelligence?

what created God?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I think the original energy has always been here. That's easier for my brain than the question, "How did the energy get here?"

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Causation, especially of the big bang is a hot topic amonst Philosophers and scientists.

For all we know (currently) we could be a universe, within a sea of universes (the multiverse) within a megaverse. We just don't know.

I think it's natural for humans to look for a cause.

But heck, maybe you Christians and Islamists are correct, maybe a magical supreme dictator of this reality created the universe, even thought we don't know what's outside of it, and no one can create him because he's super special n junk.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

You are the one being rude...just because someone knows they dont have to waster their time explaining to you what they see in the Bible.

In case you haven't noticed, this is a discussion board and we are discussing Religion, Faith, And Theology.Not philosophy, and certainly not her or your philosophy. I simply asked her to give me one instance where the bible lies as she insisted

I'm sure there is truth in the bible - - but the bible is not truth.

Since the bible was written by men who God used to write it, It is no doubt divinely inspired.Therefore not one part or word of the bible is "not truth". When someone insists that the bible is not truth, your dam right I am going to ask them why they think this. The burden of proof is upon them.

She stated that just because there are some truths in the Bible...it does not make the Bible truth, as in totality.

Okay then show me ONE example the bible lies, Then I will believe that the Bible is not truth in its totality

Big deal...we are grown ups that have that freedom to seek our own understandings and discern things for ourselves.
Yeah, please do so in the philosophy forum.
this forum deals with theology.

You cant prove the Bible as truth, neither can anyone prove it is not. But they can create their own opinion and discern with their reasoning and understanding....if the Bible is totally full of Spiritual wisdom or if it only offers some Spiritual wisdom.

Here you go again mixing your own ideological philosophical views. This fourm is of theology.
theology n. , pl. , -gies . The study of the nature of God and religious truth;

There is nothing for her to explain to you

Yes there is.She is in a forum which discus theology, which is the study of religious truth. She is the one who said the bible is not truth.She needs to either explain or find herself in another forum.

Then you go on talking about ignore lists....dont you find that a bit childish? If you dont like what people say, just pass them by. If you wish to close yourself off to people that disagree with what you believe.
Its not that I dont like what she has to say, In fact I welcome it. Just do it in a forum that does not express theology.And if you decide to disagree with certain truths please explain why, and back up your claim.

I could list a number of things in the Bible that I find to be lies about the nature of God...I dont claim it as truth for others, but it is truth for me. Just as though you cant prove anything in the Bible as truth to others, even though it may truth for you. This kind of debate would go no where.
uhmmm the nature of God? What do you know about the nature of God? If you would be so kind as to enlighten us. Then please compare as to what the men wrote who were divinely inspired, and what you think Gods nature to be. This is your problem. You have no clue as to what Gods nature is, let alone mans.

I believe its a lie that God ever wanted blood sacrifices and that God ever chose a certain people and that God ever had a plan for us to kill his son for salvation....but why bring those things up to you? Just as though I cant prove those things are lies...you cant prove they are truths.

Your are soooo clueless.lol

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join