It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Doesn't Have a Religion

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mjd59

Sorry if i came off as pugncious. I was reading some stupid posts earlier and it got me into this 'arrogant' frame of mind.

Sorry again.

Thank you.

Peace Love & Light

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
But - yes I think "Suns of God descending from the Heavens" - - - makes far more sense in terms of actual crafts - - then "Sons".

Actually, aren't we discussing two different things? The quote from Genesis is about sons of God marrying daughters of men.

Is your quote also from Genesis?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose

Originally posted by Annee
But - yes I think "Suns of God descending from the Heavens" - - - makes far more sense in terms of actual crafts - - then "Sons".

Actually, aren't we discussing two different things? The quote from Genesis is about sons of God marrying daughters of men.

Is your quote also from Genesis?

I do not read the bible. I do not believe in or support the bible.

I'm sure there is truth in the bible - - but the bible is not truth.

Again - - if off planet beings descended in their crafts - - and their crafts glowed like the one I personally saw - - they would look like SUNS. In addition to the descending crafts - - there are the inhabitants. They could have thought human women were beautiful and wanted to mate with them.

In other words - - both could happen. Craft descending. Beings mating with humans.

You are reading literally by the words - - I am not.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I simply asked you where your quote came from.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
reply to post by Annee

I simply asked you where your quote came from.

Don't know.

I did see a UFO and it glowed like a SUN.

I channel information.

I may have read it somewhere. If I read it - it resonated something in me to remember it.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

This makes no sense at all. If the bible is not truth than it is a lie. Please tell me of One instance where the bible lies.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
reply to post by Annee

This makes no sense at all. If the bible is not truth than it is a lie. Please tell me of One instance where the bible lies.

There are histories - places in the bible that are true. There are also parables.

Just like any good historical novel - - - fictional characters are interwoven with factual history and places.

The bible is a small grouping of ancient texts hand selected by man - - and translated by "novice" scribes. Translating from a God belief - you will see God.

If you want to believe the bible - - that's your prerogative.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You have not pointed out one example where the Bible lies.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

You have not pointed out one example where the Bible lies.

I do not believe in the bible. You can challenge me all you want - I don't care.

Feel free to tell us truths in the bible.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

But you are the one who is saying and I quote.

but the bible is not truth.

If the Bible is not truth, it must be a lie. Prove to me or shut the F up.

Not interested in proving anything to you.

Have you now attempted to take over the position of Lord and Master?

I'm a free poster - - not under your rule.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I really dont mean to be rude However, If you go around making statements blowing words out of you butt as fact, people are going to want you to back them up,Otherwise you will look like a complete idiot.You will have no credibility.Got it.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

I really dont mean to be rude However, If you go around making statements blowing words out of you butt as fact, people are going to want you to back them up,Otherwise you will look like a complete idiot.You will have no credibility.Got it.

I can state anything I want. I DO NOT BELIEVE THE BIBLE.

I owe you nothing. Deal with it.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I guess you have the right to say anything you like even if it makes no sense.I suppose this is why theirs an ignore feature.Think Ill use it.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

You are the one being rude...just because someone knows they dont have to waster their time explaining to you what they see in the Bible.

She stated that just because there are some truths in the Bible...it does not make the Bible truth, as in totality.

Big deal...we are grown ups that have that freedom to seek our own understandings and discern things for ourselves.

You cant prove the Bible as truth, neither can anyone prove it is not. But they can create their own opinion and discern with their reasoning and understanding....if the Bible is totally full of Spiritual wisdom or if it only offers some Spiritual wisdom.

There is nothing for her to explain to you. Then you go on talking about ignore lists....dont you find that a bit childish? If you dont like what people say, just pass them by. If you wish to close yourself off to people that disagree with what you believe.

I could list a number of things in the Bible that I find to be lies about the nature of God...I dont claim it as truth for others, but it is truth for me. Just as though you cant prove anything in the Bible as truth to others, even though it may truth for you. This kind of debate would go no where.

I believe its a lie that God ever wanted blood sacrifices and that God ever chose a certain people and that God ever had a plan for us to kill his son for salvation....but why bring those things up to you? Just as though I cant prove those things are lies...you cant prove they are truths.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

And you claiming things as truth that you can not prove is not blowing things out of your butt....yeah right.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
reply to post by oliveoil

I believe its a lie that God ever wanted blood sacrifices and that God ever chose a certain people and that God ever had a plan for us to kill his son for salvation....but why bring those things up to you? Just as though I cant prove those things are lies...you cant prove they are truths.

Just to correct you.

The "bible" can be proven to be true, on a very objective level. however, this first requires an a) open mind b) a knowledge of hebrew c) a great desire to learn d) a knowledge of kabbalistic concepts and it also helps to be savy in areas like psychology and science. And in my particular case, i can definitely say Hebrew and torah is the absolute truth, whereas other religions have bits and pieces of truth.

The combination of these factors can lend to an extraordinary appreciation of the Hebrew scriptures. The Torah, the book thats of the greatest importance, is such a wonderful secret yet, its the most famous book on the planet.

Actually, i could better say that other religinos follow whats known as 'the perennial philosophy'. Its a term popularized by Aldous huxley. Other religions woship the creator in the context of the name Elohim. In kabbalah, its explained that G-ds two main names, Elohim, and YHVH refer to two different modes in which he relates to creation. Elohim is plural, and means "powers", but it can also be read in the singular aws G-d. This clearly refers to the typical pagan (Greek, Indian etc) view of G-d as the plurality in nature. This has teh same gematria as HaTeva (nature = 86). Thats pretty amazing no? The entire Hebrew language is like this. One massive puzzle that conceals the mind of G-d. So Hinduism, Buddhism, Greek, Egyptian, Babylonian, etc religions are naturally speculative. they look at creation and guage their experience of it. If you were to study sanskrit, Greek, or Arabic (among all languages) youd discover amazingly unique things about them. Sanskrit is reportedly the root of the western languages (even though Hebrew is the source of all language) and so the typical elohim experience of creation can be seen in it.

Conversely, The torah is ABOVE this world. This is why its esoteric study is so profound and deep (as any student of the hebrew language knows). The Name YHVH is from the root, HAVAH (to be) and so it allows the world to exist. Elohim is a screen that the creator put up between hismelf and his creation. Of course, its a relevant part of his name. But, its a part that signifies Judgements, whereas the name YHVH signifies mercy. This name is known through prayer and divine service. This is what the Torah is about. Unfortunately, pseudo intellectuals like to imagine theyre in a position to comment on anything. Even the most known book ever. Just because its popular and been exploited by the disgusting christian empire, does not suggest anythign about the Jews or the Torah. What people percieve as 'cruel' they simply misunderstand. The entire Tanakh (hebrew bible) can be understood on 4 levels. The two important ones are the simple, literal meaning (cause these things actually occured on the human plane) and teh mystical. For instance, the creator telling the Jews to kill the pagan nations isnt exactly as it seems. In the Talmud its explained that the Israelites gave them an ultimatum first.

Which was : Accept the 7 noachide laws, leave or face war. Given the pagan nations of those days were immersed in human sacrifice, sexual depravity and other insane rites, they rejected it, and so faced G-d wrath. There are consquences to a negative action. The east calls it 'karma'. Judaism calls it measure for measure. They rejected laws as simple as "do not murder", do not worship other powers except G-d, do not be sexually immoral. They shirked their own creator and obstinantly went against his will.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mjd59

you talk very good sense.

God created laws of science, math and physics.
These laws are immaterial.
These laws speak to the sovereign will of God.
We discover these laws through looking outward with science.

God also created moral laws (RELIGION) for humankind to follow.
These laws are immaterial.
These laws speak to the moral will of God.
We discover these laws by looking inward on our conscience.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
And "do not kill" does not mean tnot to kill sinners who will have a negatvie effect on everyone else. The land of Israel was promised to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, its the naval of all of creation. Its a land that begs for holiness. Because they refused to honor their creator by following ethical principles,

1. Prohibition of Idolatry: You shall not have any idols before God.
2. Prohibition of Murder: You shall not murder. (Genesis 9:6)
3. Prohibition of Theft: You shall not steal.
4. Prohibition of Sexual immorality: You shall not commit any of a series of sexual prohibitions, which include adultery, incest, sodomy, and bestiality.
5. Prohibition of Blasphemy: You shall not blaspheme God's name.
6. Dietary Law: Do not eat flesh taken from an animal while it is still alive. (Genesis 9:4, as interpreted in the Talmud (Sanhedrin 59a)
7. Requirement to have just Laws: Set up a governing body of law (eg Courts)

And they categorically refused.

As for Isaac and Abraham. That narrative is esoteric. for instance, when G-d tells him to kill Isaac, the name Elohim is used. This of course refers to the mode of Judgement. Before the Torah was given, there WAS a practical purpose to human sacrifice. And if people QUESTION human sacrifice, please look no further than war. If you at all support war, you support human sacrifice. The idea of sacrifice, although to our modern sensibilities appears primitive, but back than was considered scientific, was that certain powers govern the creation. In order to 'propitiate' such powers, they would gather people born under a certain sign, a virgin usually, of a certain age, and sacrifice them to this power. The result would be the life force within the individual (In hebrew called nefesh, also called chi or prana) would be directed to this particular power through ritual and rites that would spiritually align the force towards it. Contrary to what we think, this worked. Science is essentially anything that can be consistently proven to have a certain effect. This was what human sacrifice was.

Anyways, this explains that the name elohim was about sacrifice. It was Nature. When G-d told Abraham to sacrifice Isaac, he said do this wha all the pagan nations do. This was how they propitiated the forces of creation. But the angel of YHVH STOPPED Abraham and Said STOP!. The name YHVH is the name of G-d used when Abraham is told to stop. He was effectively saying you dont need to kill your son, your children anymore. PRAY TO ME. This is the sacrifice G-d wants. To give ourselves, our animal natures to him.

Also, its explained in Kabbalah that Abraham = chesed (loving kindness) while Isaac is gevurah (judgement). The archetypal theme of both their lives reflects this. When Abraham was about to kill Isaac, Isaac said Av (father). Abraham replied "Here i am son". Abraham was saying, "i know im chesed, but now im currently in the mode of JUDGEMENT/gevurah". This is such a deep kabbalistic concept.

The world of tohu (chaos) is a world of conflict between the opposing forces in creation. this creates a tension and thus a war between forces. This is the world of chaos.

In the world of Tikkun (rectification) the forces of creation interinclude. This speak of a greater understanding of ones emotiona functions. Chesed now exists with gevurah, and gevurah within chesed, and so forth with all the attributes of the heart. When this happens, man becomes more exact and precise in his judgements. He shows greater wisdom and understanding of how to act in any given circumstance. In other words, in Olam Tikkun, the mind rules the heart, as opposed to the heart ruling the mind.

The Torah is profoundly deep and meaningful. If youd like to learn more i can recommned many good sites with very powerful teachings.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by mjd59]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mjd59

No book can be proven to be truth.

History of the names, places, and beliefs placed where in may be facts...but there is not proof that God had involvement in the writings of any book.

It may be truth to you...you may find understanding with a book so then you see it as it must be a truth.

You cant even prove God...or the nature of God...to anyone. People can accept it as truth...but that does not prove it is truth.

From my spiritual experiences...God has no religion and religions have tainted the nature of God.

From 'my truth'....the Holy Spirit has shown me why God would not leave all the answers in a book, a Earthly object, and then count on mankind to believe other men.

Gods 'book' was placed in the design of the Universe, in a place where it cant be destroyed or tainted, in a place where man does not have to rely on another man to find truth.

You can not prove there is truth in any book about God...for you cant prove to another man there is a God.

What ever a person is learning and accepting, has personal reason for that person. What ever path someone is on, is what they are in need of. We will learn from all things.

Religion is of man...not of Spirit. This is truth for me...but I dont go around claiming it is a absolute truth for the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join