It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Doesn't Have a Religion

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The Torah and G-d are one..

His essence is revealed through the Torah.

This is all clear the student of kabbalah and chassidut.

That being said. I know many non Jews who are whats called 'bnei noach' who still practice their own religion, yet recgnize the holiness and centrality of the 5 books of moses (the Torah). Some are christians, other are native americans, many of who are of cherokee descenet (who interestingly have a tradtiion that theyre one of the lost 10 tribes of israel), druze etc..

Judaism believes all religions serve a purpose. When G-d created the world, his wisdom determined that it be done through 72 unique paths. This translates into 70 languages/arch angelic forces, along with Hebrew and Aramaic (which is considered an inbetwen language between Hebrew and the 70 languages). Each particular people and culture reflects something unique about the creator. So, contrary to what people imagine about Judaism, they do not share the arrogant attitude of orthodox christianity and Islam. When the 3rd temple is rebuilt and service resumes after 2000 years of dormancy, all peoples from all cultures and spiritual traditions will be able to offer prayers and thanks to the creator of the universe, YHVH (referred to as HaSHem out of respect). So, whether youre a hindu, taoist, native american, christian, buddhist, muslim, w/e, as long as you dont infract any of the 7 noachide laws

1. Prohibition of Idolatry: You shall not have any idols before God.
2. Prohibition of Murder: You shall not murder. (Genesis 9:6)
3. Prohibition of Theft: You shall not steal.
4. Prohibition of Sexual immorality: You shall not commit any of a series of sexual prohibitions, which include adultery, incest, sodomy, and bestiality.
5. Prohibition of Blasphemy: You shall not blaspheme God's name.
6. Dietary Law: Do not eat flesh taken from an animal while it is still alive. (Genesis 9:4, as interpreted in the Talmud (Sanhedrin 59a)
7. Requirement to have just Laws: Set up a governing body of law (eg Courts)

Your form of worship is legitimate and a unique expression of the creator.

I love many aspects of many cultures, though i feel a particular connection with buddhist and native american spirituality. Though practically i study kabbalah and chassidut and consider myself a bnei noach who is in the process of conversion to Judaism (orthodox).

I hope and pray that the holy temple is speedily rebuilt and we can bring our world into a state of Tikkun.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

science and Catholic religion both go back to the big bang theory.

I agree, my next observation is who said bang?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
God is an atheist? Who knew?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by pillaradder
God is an atheist? Who knew?

God who?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Hi Annee!

Your perspectives interests me greatly.

You seem so spiritually connected...but you dont believe in a 'higher power' that is connected to us all?

Do you believe in a 'Spirit' that is within us all...this is how I see us all connected as ONE...I feel there is a Holy Spirit that has offered itself for life to emanate forth. My ideas of 'god' have changed so much, and may still change in time. The word 'god' is so polluted now adays.

But thanks for always sharing, I find it so interesting that you believe in afterlife and things of that sort....if Im wrong on that belief just correct me, I though I read in another thread that you believe in a after life of some sort.

Gotta go to bed for now...but Im going to read some of your posts tomorrow, maybe I will find a run down of your ideas and what you believe.

Always nice chatting with you!
My best
LV

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
reply to post by Annee

Hi Annee!

Your perspectives interests me greatly.

You seem so spiritually connected...but you dont believe in a 'higher power' that is connected to us all?

Not exactly. I do believe Jesus and other off planet (or dimensional) beings have been instrumental in affecting human evolvement. Some good - some not.

I just do not believe in the religious concept of god. In that area I would be considered Atheist.

I do believe in a Creator - - in the sense of energy evolving into consciousness/intelligence - - - which we are all a part of.

Any mystical omnipotent being - - other then the ONE/Creator - - NO - do not believe.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
I do believe in a Creator - - in the sense of energy evolving into consciousness/intelligence - - - which we are all a part of.

I relate to this. I could substitute "Creator" for "God/God-Mind."

Key word: energy

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose

Yes - I use Creator to be clear - - as Creator of our universe.

I consider what ancient man called God - - to be off planet beings visiting earth. As in "Suns of God descending from the Heavens". Perhaps even the "creators" of human.

I do believe in the Watchers. That our planet and development is watched and monitored by beings more evolved then us.

I simply do not believe in any type religious god.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

As in "Suns of God descending from the Heavens". Perhaps even the "creators" of human.

"Suns" or "sons"?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

As in "Suns of God descending from the Heavens". Perhaps even the "creators" of human.

"Suns" or "sons"?

SUNS - - - as in glowing or sun reflecting off crafts.

I did see a UFO once - - - clear day - blue skies. It seemed to be self-illuminating in a yellow/whitish glow - - rather then reflective.

I'm not into the "fantasy" godness. I believe there is real truth behind most myths.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

So, you're not referring to the reference in Genesis about the sons of God marrying the daughters of men?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

So, you're not referring to the reference in Genesis about the sons of God marrying the daughters of men?

Could be. Just not in the way it is translated.

Someone had to be on those crafts - don't ya think?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You're saying "sons" could have been translated in error?

Maybe mis-transcribed would be more like it - a scribe copying an already translated text and writing "sons" instead of "suns."

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

You're saying "sons" could have been translated in error?

Maybe mis-transcribed would be more like it - a scribe copying an already translated text and writing "sons" instead of "suns."

Yes. Its really hard to know with ancient text what is real and what is metaphor. Perhaps the off planet visitors did mate with human women. I'm sure there is truth in there somewhere - - just not literal truth.

But - yes I think "Suns of God descending from the Heavens" - - - makes far more sense in terms of actual crafts - - then "Sons".

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Yes - I use Creator to be clear - - as Creator of our universe.

I consider what ancient man called God - - to be off planet beings visiting earth. As in "Suns of God descending from the Heavens". Perhaps even the "creators" of human.

I do believe in the Watchers. That our planet and development is watched and monitored by beings more evolved then us.

I simply do not believe in any type religious god.

I really feel bad for people who havent got a formal education in mystical subjects. Stay away from theosophy and that nonsense; most of it is a mind trap.

The hebrew word bnei elohim refers to any person who makes himself LIKE G-d. It does not refer to a 'watcher'. Even in psalms man is called a 'bnei elohim!

Also, the word nephilim, does not refer to a space alien. Nephilim is from the Hebrew root "nafal" meaning to fall. Every word in Hebrew has to be understood through its root, if you want to understand the mystical connotation of its derivative. And Hebrew is teh language of creation. Its completely archetypal. The Secret of mans nature is revealed through it. Nephilim refers to spiritual forces (archetypes) that cause a collapse or fall in consciousness from the original pristine state of knowing the Creator. Knowing we have a purpose in the world and living that purpose, is a state of Gan Eden (garden of eden) everything in such a state is blissful and joyful when one however becomes distracted by physical things, he becomes affected by nephilim. Hence the extracanonical book of Japher allegorically says that when the nephilim seen women, they wished to cohabit with them. The book says this occured inthe '2nd' heaven (yesod - phallus) In kabbalisitc language, this means that when mankind began lusting after physical delights, the chief of which is the lust for sexuality, this caused a collapse in the orginal sense of oneness. this is becauses ones desire should be in serving G-d. When you becoem side tracked from that, you create your own delusional world. This 'world' is the nephilim, a particular force, whether that be depression, anger, lust, jealousy, hopelessness, vanity, arrogance etc, that causes a fall 'nafal' in ones consciousness of G-d. The connotation of giant is also intimately connected with the concept of Nafal (to fall). A nephilim is a giant for the ego to overcome. It surrounds and compared to it 'It appears like a grasshopper" as scripture says. But it says that only happens when YOU regard the nephilim as being enormous, as a giant. In truth, its a call to return.

In Hebrew, jerusalem is Yeru - Shalayim, which literally means "complete awe". For one to be close to G-d, ie; Jerusalem, temple mount is the abode of G-ds Shekina, one has to be in complete awe of g-d at all times. To know that we are contantly before our creator.

As for aliens. I dont know. I believe there is a very good chance that life could exist elsehwere, and maybe our current level of consciousness was implanted from without, via an extra-terrestrial contact. Who knows. in the end, its incredibly irrelevant. whats relevant is whats real NOW. What your current spiritual state is. If they exist, we'll find out than.

Rabbi Aryeh Kaplan once wrote that considered it plausible that mankind goes from planet to planet establishing Tzaddik (righteousness) throughout the universe. Thus throughout the universe mankind establishes its presence. As here, so there. But, man continuously evolves, grows and will come to know his creator to a greater and greater degree.

Unlike the meaningless theosophical idea that we go back adn forth between dark and golden ages.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by mjd59]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mjd59

You believe whatever you want.

I will believe whatever I want.

For me written words are just guidelines to channel the mind.

And I don't feel bad about it at all.

Those are your own internal emotions. They affect you - not me

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Annee]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
God has a religion.
He sent his Son the earth to teach it.

The apostles He left behind are like men and women today.

They can believe in a lie and know it is a lie and live with and for the lie.

But they, like men and women today will not die for a lie.

The apostles died not for a lie rather for the truth.

They died horrible deaths, fed to lions, nailed to crosses, beheadings, stoning, boiled in oils, burned at stake, crucified upsidedown.

They died without renouncing the true religion instituted by God through Christ Jesus.

What kind of a idiotic idea that their lives were offered up due to someone mispelling the word son, to mean son. What a farfetched decietful way to live ones life.

But would one be willing to die for a mispelled word? Not in the world that I live in.

Or die due to a mistranslation???

"Something smell rotten in the state of Denmark."

By the way, I have a bridge for sale in Saudia Arabia. Anyone want to offer me a price for it?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

reply to post by mjd59

You believe whatever you want.

I will believe whatever I want.

For me written words are just guidelines to channel the mind.

And I don't feel bad about it at all.

Those are your own internal emotions. They affect you - not me

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Annee]

If you want to reject it, feel free. But i still think you should appreciate the inner message the Torah is speaking of. I read Hebrew, and aramaic. Im not an expert in any of these fields, but what i wrote is the proper orthodox interpretation of this concept in Torah

Thanks for appreciating my effort to enlighten you to it.

Also, All languages have a mystical foundation that reflects the particular unconscious quality of the speaker. Sanskrit is quite an interesting language. As is Greek, Latin, Arabic and of course Aramaic.

But Hebrew is the only one that warrants the reputation of being regarded as the 'langauge of creation'. i wish you eastern 'new agers' took a greater interest in Rabbinic Judaism (which is basedon kabbalah) without being turned off by the white beard and side locks. Hebrew is an UNBELEIAVABLE language. modern physics is contained within it. Its a travesty that modern physics and leaders within these groups are hiding the amazing truths the Hebrew language contains within it.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mjd59

Thank you mjd59 - - for your knowledgable post.

I have read what you've posted before. I have been following this stuff for over 20 years.

Perhaps a kinder approach - next time.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

reply to post by mjd59

Thank you mjd59 - - for your knowledgable post.

I have read what you've posted before. I have been following this stuff for over 20 years.

Perhaps a kinder approach - next time.

Sorry if i came off as pugncious. I was reading some stupid posts earlier and it got me into this 'arrogant' frame of mind.

Sorry again.

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join