It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Doesn't Have a Religion

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Well, Morality is not subjective.
Christians "borrow" their moral laws from God who writes them on everyones heart, so there is no excuse for not knowing these laws.

That is how we were made in His image. He is perfecly mral, we are just an image, a shadow of that.

Morality is an objective truth, just like other laws are objective, universal truth. Gravity, (physics), 2+2=4 (math), F=M x V (science)...

There are objective, universal truths'.

Moral law is one of those.
Math another.
Absolute universal objective law.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by slugger9787

Nonsense, What absolute nonsense, i'm not even going to give you the respect or time or day to reply.

Funny how different "GOD's" have different morals.

Claiming the proof that morality is objective is SCIENTIFIC, and as scientifically provable as gravity. You know that is nonsense.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

And as if man wasn't moral and civilised before the introduction of Abrahamic religion, what trash. utter trash.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Thats time of day.

How different religion, produces different gods, producing different moal laws?

They are incorrect religions, incorrect gods and incorrect moral laws.

That simple.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   

it is easy to prove gravity. step on a bathroom scale.

either here or timbucktoo. and it will give you the measure of gravity.

funny you sould bring up gravity, as this is a grave subject.
lol

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Of course they are, your Religion is the correct religion, its really simple, i dare say you'd bee saying the same thing about Allah and Islam if you grew up in Iran, or the same thing about Zeus if you'd been living in ancient Greece.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787

it is easy to prove gravity. step on a bathroom scale.

either here or timbucktoo. and it will give you the measure of gravity.

funny you sould bring up gravity, as this is a grave subject.
lol

Lmao - where did i say gravity wasn't provable? You said that morality being OBJECTIVE was AS provable as gravity. I have studied Newton, i've studied Philosophy too, funny most Philosophers say MORALITY IS SUBJECTIVE.

[edit on 21/8/10 by awake_and_aware]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787

Thats time of day.

How different religion, produces different gods, producing different moal laws?

They are incorrect religions, incorrect gods and incorrect moral laws.

That simple.

Funny thing is, religions share the same ideas, name the god or gods different names, have the same laws, all come from the same roots of wanting to make a man god, having blood sacrifices, ect ect...

Religion is a evolving thing, just as is everything else. It emanates...it comes from something that already was...and it will then move and change into something that has not yet became.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

God doesn't evolve for the evangelical Christians, or the "radical" Islamists.

God remains absolute.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware

No evidence yet to prove they have visited earth unless you think Jesus was a extra-terrestrial/light-being or whatever and the bible counts as proof.

If E.Ts did create us, it could well be that we have given the name "GOD" to them, as bearer of our lives. This wouldn't make them true "GOD" of the universe though.

Yes & Yes

Which is why I use the term Creator. Not that I am referring to a singular - - but only to the beginning. Which I believe is energy evolved into consciousness.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Every human being is a moral parasite, the God squad think morality is objective, i think its arbitrary and subjective. They think they can tell people how to live their life, tell them what is wrong and what is right.

Shall we discuss the morality of how Christians treated the native Americans? They did not even consider them human. Same thing with black slaves.

How ridiculous that man can only have morality because of some imaginary being.

Behavior comes out of need & desire. To further ones species - - one obviously can not kill/maim/ostracize everyone. Practical behaviors need to be established.

What are Ethics other then practical behavior for living in close knit groups.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

That's what i am saying. I agree with you.

Every society binds together with social agreements in morality, how to behave, what's considered acceptable.

Why would killing and stealing be a desirable trait in any society?

Killing or raping children can be seen as wrong but this does not been morality is absolute. Moral absolutes are an illusion.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Every society binds together with social agreements in morality, how to behave, what's considered acceptable.

Why would killing and stealing be a desirable trait in any society?

Killing or raping children can be seen as wrong but this does not been morality is absolute. Moral absolutes are an illusion.

Yes.

I'd say most societies are against stealing. But some consider accusing someone of stealing to be far worse.

Brutality to me is brutality - - no matter who it is against.

Children - - who decides when a child is no longer a child?

In some cultures a relative will be the first to have sex with a "child" - - so they can teach them how to do it right.

My hobby interest is cultural/social anthropology. There are many rituals Christians would consider immoral. But its none of their business.

Why would anyone in their logical mind want to belong to anything where you are born bad and have to spend the rest of your life in repentance?

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Why would anyone in their logical mind want to belong to anything where you are born bad and have to spend the rest of your life in repentance?

I really don't know. I'm sort of torn as an atheist in some ways; My mother was raised a strong christian, did the prayers and the sunday school and what not, she is the nicest person i have known and have met, and i'm not just being bias.

But for all of the bad things in her life that have happened, i have to convince her that she isn't being tested, and this God hocus pocus is just an illusion, and organised illusion.

I think i have convinced her religion is a control mechanism, and how the invisible and the non-existant seem to be identical.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

There are good people in the world. Not because of some imaginary being - - but simply because they are good and have loving hearts.;

Because I believe we live re-cycling lives - I do believe in Karma. But still it involves personal responsibility.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

God doesn't evolve for the evangelical Christians, or the "radical" Islamists.

God remains absolute.

Give it time...they will. In some ways, Christianity is evolving already.

Christ Consciousness?

Even though its not the 'Christians' that are going with the change, it will still evolve. Just like when the OT and NT started converging...many followers of the old did and still do not accept the new.

God can remain absolute for the belief systems...but the ideals, stories, histories...will still emanate into new faiths.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by LeoVirgo]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

The only way we can evolve is if we get rid of these childish beliefs.

We got rid of Zeus, and got rid of Thor and Horus and Neptune.

It's childish, we have science and exploration now, we don't have to attribute things we don't understand to some God.

That's the only way we can evolve, people preaching this madness is holding human-kind back in it's evolution, and i hate it. Hate it with a passion.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
It is obvious you hate it with a passion, but passion unrestrained burns to its own destruction.

What restrains passion? A subjective moral impulse, situational ethics, the societal rules and regulations?

Proper restraint of passion requires finely honed and sharp reason.

Reason is the highest evolved faculty on earth.

Reason embraces science and finds an intelligent designer.

Reason embraces conscience and discovers written rules of behavior, and a consciousness of the intelligent designer.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
to assume that the ideas and thoughts that you have about God and religion are unique and new is to assume that the men and women in the past are stupid.

They had more free time, more reason, more depth to their questioning and searching than either you or I could even ever dream about.

Assume a falling star, one thousand years ago the observers would say "God is giving us a sign."

Today with more depth of understanding in our world brought about by science the observers say "Look, the particles of a planet are reentering the atmosphere and burning up. Where did they come from?"

Science in a way has clouded the basic issue, but the basic issue is the same then as now.

Someone designed and made the stars and planets and solar systems.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Someone designed and made the stars and planets and solar systems.

That's what separates my worldview from your worldview. You believe something or someone has created the universe, you don't say this as belief, you state it as if it's truth, which you cannot prove.

I cannot prove it either, but i'm not just going to assume it's true without the conviction and absolute nature of evidence.

Science has done pretty well up to now, as soon as science finds something new, God hides somewhere else. Science not about guessing a theory of how the universe was created, it's about discovering it.

When we discover God with absolute conviction, i'll take you people seriously.

And so what if i hate childish basic attempts at understand the universe. So what if i hate people who belief in things without evidence, so what if i hate people who label their children with that belief, indoctrination. So what if i hate it, SO WHAT, that doesn't help your argument one bit for religion.

People can obviously see i dislike it, so what, ask me why and i'll tell you.

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join