It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Doesn't Have a Religion

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
What I had wasn't an NDE though, it was a mystical experience. I saw nothing but felt everything. I asked God to give me something to hold onto to believe.

Experience 1: When lying down I felt blood trickling down from my forehead and tears falling from my eyes. I could actually hear it dripping on the pillow and sheets and feel the wetness and other sensations. This convinced me Jesus was the path. This was after I asked God to show me the way.

Experience 2: I felt a bright light filling me up, and indescribable love. Normally light doesn't have a sensation, but instinctively I knew this was light. I loved everyone in the world at those moments. And the light radiated from me. I felt a hole in my right hand, like you would expect if a nail had been driven through it, and from it the love and light would pour out. This was after I read the Book of John and cried because it said God is love and if you don't know love you don't know God. I thought I was going to go to hell because the bible said that Jesus would say depart, I never knew you.

Neither of those two were NDEs though. But the love and light sounds eerily similar to NDEs.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by 547000]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Again, thank you for sharing your experiences. I believe that is what we are to do. Its amazing at the vast differences in peoples experiences. To me this shows us, we are somewhat creators really...creating what we are in need of, what we are ready for.

Each to their own always...
LV

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Also, it teaches homosexuality is wrong but then teaches love is beautiful etc.? That doesn't make sense to me.

you are confused between lust and love.
sex for pleasure is lust.
sex for procreation is love.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
does the word religion appear in the bible?

does the word religion appear in other holy books?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
spirituality originates from the spirit.

the spirit is the source of ALL energy and life in a human.

Re-spirat-ion is re spiriting oneself. it is commonly called breathing.

spirit equals breath

ex-pire means the spirit/breath is gone and then one dies.

con spire is to share the same spirit with one or more other persons.

de-spirited is the spirit is depressed.

in spired means you are full of the spirit.

spirit/breath/oxygen is needed to add to the fuel (food) in order for the human to be able to run or operate.

Jesus Christ understood this 2000 years ago and said "Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word (Christ is the WORD of God Incarnate) that comes from the mouth of GOD.

God uses His breath/spirit to speak the WORD.

Since the WORD comes from GOD, and is carried upon the HOLY SPIRIT, both GOD and His SPIRIT and His WORD are exactly equal to HIMSELF, that is GOD.

This arrangement is the epitome of integrity.

Strived for by people on earth who wish and strive and desire to have spiritual progress.

I honor a human who from their being, from their source of life, their SPIRIT/BREATH, who say what they mean and mean what they say.

No one on earth, except Jesus Christ, Gods WORD made FLESH, has ever or will ever act with perfect integrity in themselves. Perfect integrity to the highest spiritual mark, perfect integrity in and amongst the components of a human.
Components from the middle outward are thus:

Spiritual
Volitional
Emotional
Intellectual
Actual
Physical

There will never be a human, save CHRIST JESUS, who can demonstrate perfect integrity in and among these components.

Christ left a RELIGION with Him and its central figure to inspire, motivate and assist us fortunate ones to aim for improving our integrity.
That religion is Called Catholic Christianity.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
does the word religion appear in the bible?

Yes.

I found a .pdf of the King James version and used the search whole document function. The results were 10 instances. The first 5 are in the Preface. Then there is 1 in Acts, 2 in Galatians, and 2 in James:

.pdf file

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Spiritual=core of human, origin of all energy available to human. Essence, from the word "spiritus", means the same as breath, life.
SOUL consists of the following three separate components.
Volitional=will, freedom of choice, that which ultimately decides. Highest use of this component is the "Will to Live."
Emotional=feelings, only six of these Sad, Hurt, Afraid, Ashamed, Angry and Glad. Acronym SHAAAG.
Intellectual=Mental activity, thoughts, ideas, morals, values.
Actual=actions, behaviors, speech, body language, expressions, eye contact.
Social=those actions which others witness and the social systems a human is involved in, beginning with family, school, clubs, employment, churches, recreation, neighborhood, city, state country.
Physical=the eleven physical systems of the body. Muscular, skeletal, circulatory, nervous, lymphatic, endocrine, reproductive, digestive, excretory, respiratory, and hormonal.

To confuse the division between emotion and intellect is a error in your paradigm Annee.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787

To confuse the division between emotion and intellect is a error in your paradigm Annee.

My paradigm is just fine.

Yours I want nothing do with.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
are you all serious? Oh i had a spiritual experience? cmon, humans have a spiritual side of course! The thing is, is to take GOD in context, and reading the bible doesn't tell you anything about god....this thread is just horrible. You all think you know GOD and know what he/she wants......hilarious....none of know GOD....we don't know what he is we dont know what he wants we dont even know if she is male, female, or both! yet, we can all sit here and state our biased experiences on what we believe to be GOD because we were raised a certain way and we have no qualms to tell someone they are wrong cause they don't believe how we were taught.....end of story you all are dumb......and GOD is not what you were taught

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by gator1177

Wow!

You have quite an attitude!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by gator1177

I would just say this then::

You are a mixed up soul.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by gator1177
. . . we can all sit here and state our biased experiences on what we believe to be GOD because we were raised a certain way and we have no qualms to tell someone they are wrong cause they don't believe how we were taught.....end of story you all are dumb......and GOD is not what you were taught

Isn't that what you just did? Does that make you dumb too?

I don't believe in a god.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Me neither, and if a God did exist, how could i possibly guess what he/it/she is like, how could i guess what he/she/it desires.

Telling yourself that you know, especially with the conviction of a bible (written by man) it's obviously painted thoughts written by man, not any true word of any creator of the universe.

Again, unfalsfiable hypothesis - Like invisible friends.

I can't prove God exists, the same way i can't prove that someone can fly when no one is looking.

Does an unfalsifiable hypothesis mean truth, potentially, but most of the time it's a random guess that cannot be falsified.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware

Telling yourself that you know, especially with the conviction of a bible (written by man) it's obviously painted thoughts written by man, not any true word of any creator of the universe.

With simple research you can find ancient scripts predating the story of Christ - - that are almost identical - - in various places around the globe.

Christianity is literally built on nothing. Rumors and hearsay.

No real facts. No proof that Christ ever existed.

I've been on blogs/forums for about 20 years. Twice I've encountered seminary students who made it their mission to prove Jesus. Both left the faith because of what they actually did discover.

I do believe in "light beings" - - evolved energy beings that can reveal themselves to the unconscious mind - can manifest themselves in both a transparent or physical state.

So - - I do not rule out that there have been visitors - - who wish to enlighten man in his evolution.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by awake_and_aware

With simple research you can find ancient scripts predating the story of Christ - - that are almost identical - - in various places around the globe.

Christianity is literally built on nothing. Rumors and hearsay.

No real facts. No proof that Christ ever existed.

I've been on blogs/forums for about 20 years. Twice I've encountered seminary students who made it their mission to prove Jesus. Both left the faith because of what they actually did discover.

I do believe in "light beings" - - evolved energy beings that can reveal themselves to the unconscious mind - can manifest themselves in both a transparent or physical state.

so is a light being the same as an energy being?
if they are not the same, then what is the difference?
light beings get their energy from somewhere right?
where? Light requires energy

So - - I do not rule out that there have been visitors - - who wish to enlighten man in his evolution.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by slugger9787

Speculating light beings is just another distraction and more information that people cannot validate. if you're talking about Aliens, raise another thread discussing that.

Many abrahamic religions are based on similar prophecies and messengers (born of a virgin, killed or crucified on the 25th to be ressurected later)

Saying Jesus or Muhammed or Blah Blah is the true prophet is just a childish game that no one can ever win.

i would sooner believe the Alien mumbo jumbo than any God/Jesus story, but granted i would need evidence, hard evidence. And aliens existing is probable, God can't be probablised, again a unfalsifiable hypothesis, or a logical fallacy.

Years of research does nothing, not even for the most intelligient and open-minded people, no one has ever confirmed Jesus as real or most importantly: God

slugger9787 I am with you, even myself as a skeptic, i don't discount the Alien visitation theory, considering the vastness of the universe. That's not to say i believe this without evidence, again, irrefutable evidence.

[edit on 20/8/10 by awake_and_aware]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Light Being/Energy Being - - same thing. Just refers to an intelligence without form.

I don't do the mystical thing. Could they be an evolved intelligence or off planet - or dimensional being - - sure.

I don't like the term Alien. Its undefined.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

"Alien" to our earth, extra-terrestrial, an off-planet life form, cosmic life form, E.B.E, I don't really care what name it's given, whatever you want to call it.

No evidence yet to prove they have visited earth unless you think Jesus was a extra-terrestrial/light-being or whatever and the bible counts as proof.

Or unless you have evidence and fact contrary to that of the scientific community.

I do believe there are some spooky happenings like that of NASA Missions STS-75 but i still remain skeptical.

If E.Ts did create us, it could well be that we have given the name "GOD" to them, as bearer of our lives. This wouldn't make them true "GOD" of the universe though.

[edit on 21/8/10 by awake_and_aware]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Still, even the most admirable of atheists is nothing more than a moral parasite, living his life based on borrowed ethics. This is why, when pressed, the atheist will often attempt to hide his lack of conviction in his own beliefs behind some poorly formulated utilitarianism, or argue that he acts out of altruistic self-interest. But this is only post-facto rationalization, not reason or rational behavior.
Vox Day

Nobody talks so constantly about God as those who insist that there is no God.
Heywood Broun

www.proofthatgodexists.org...

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by slugger9787

Every human being is a moral parasite, the God squad think morality is objective, i think its arbitrary and subjective. They think they can tell people how to live their life, tell them what is wrong and what is right.

Does that mean i think killing is ok? No.

Well let me tell you something, morality IS subjective, but us humans have a history of being kind and showing solidarity to one another, just like our primate cousins.

We show compassion, love and interest in others, without having these virtues there wouldn't be many of us left.

Everyone "BORROWS" morality, just as you borrow yours from whatever bible you read, other tribes have social contractual obligations too, some even cannabalize each other as part of a ritual sacrifice, they see this as "right" or "good"

So do not try and paint atheists like that, we don't intend to impose our beliefs on any one, if people want to believe in things without evidence, far be it from us to stop them, but we can certainly challenge them

But again, thanks for painting atheists in a bad and disrespectful way.

I didn't label any individual of religion, just what religion teaches.

I'm not saying all preists are pedophiles, i'm not saying all atheist dictators are murderers like Stalin.

www.proofthatgodexists.org - I've been looking all over this website for proof, weird..... i can't find it, maybe i'm just being ignorant.

i think my quotes are more useful:

www.ikbis.com...

My quotes actually come from credible people who have improved YOUR life, with electricity or scientific innovation.

[edit on 21/8/10 by awake_and_aware]

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join