It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Doesn't Have a Religion

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware

You're a lost hope.

no u

You try to refute my claims and have failed miserably, God is NOT homophobic? do you want me to get you the example "a man should be stoned if he lies with another man?"

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about, or you're so blinded by hatred that you didn't listen to a word I said. Besides which, not all Christians follow the Old Testament law, nor do all theists believe it.

The fact that there are so many religions, proves they are wrong or created by man, this is not a hard thing to understand, it's not my belief it's everyone who doesn't believe in the Christian faith, or who doesn't have faith at all. Of course you're going to say its nonsense because your scriptures have caused you to have a closed-mind. You have tunnel vision, in that tunnel is your God and his rules, you don't see any way other than that.[

You're the close-minded one. You don't see almost all religions are a result of man reaching out to God or having experiences of the divine. You're so blinded by dogma, you don't see where they all converge. You have tunnel vision, and in that vision you see there can't be a God.

I respect people, not their beliefs, get that into your thick head, and yes i'm calling you thick, because you are. Anyone reading your responses can work this out almost instantaneously and not just because "i say so" it's because people have brains and can reason against your retarded statements, referencing the bible and working it out for themselves.

Oh look, here you are again calling people names because they don't share your views. Either you're right or other people are thick-headed. How unexpected.

God is unfalsifiable not just because i say so, its a fact. This is a philosophical fact, if you want to refute that, you can try, but you will fail.

Did you even read my post? How does being unfalsifiable automatically prove a hypothesis false? It could be true and unfalsifiable at the same time.

If you say God speaks to you and you can't prove it, i'm not going to believe you. I'm going to think you are deluded, is that being disrespectful? Nope, i'm being honest with you and telling you frankly.

I'm not saying believe me, I'm saying prove I'm deluded. Can't do that? Tough luck, What about the others who have experienced the love and light of God? Are they all deluded because you say so and have faith in your heart that such things are mere fantasy?

I'll just advise anyone who tries to speak with "God" that you are wasting your time and you will be waiting along time for the response unless you make one up in your head or quote a passage from the bible

Well, if God is real and He has rules to follow, He might speak.

Look, you clearly have a problem with my opinon, because i disrespect your God's values.

I don't give a # what values you have. I do give a # that you call human beings names for not believing what you believe.

Did i say i disrespected freedom of speech? gays? charity? peace? loving? No i didn't.

You disrespect humans because you lump them in a group and bash without concern.

Funnily enough your God and Allah have demanded hell-fire for the un-believers, why would i respect that? Ask yourself why would i? Wise up.
Well, my God doesn't have hell fire for non-believers. Thank you for lumping me together with them just because I believe Jesus was special.

I'll probs see you in another thread, no doubt epic failing as usual.
When you can't argue, throw insults. Nice. You stay classy.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by 547000]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

meh

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8/13/2010 by AshleyD]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

VERY WELL THOUGHT OUT RESPONSE FOR SOMEONE WHO IS "AWAKE AND AWARE"
LOL
You are mot at the end of yourself yet, one day you will be though.

Mod Note: Please Stay On Topic – Please Review Link.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by slugger9787

lmao

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I know, I watched one of your videos.

You are impressed with yourself, that much is true.

Most of the "dangers" you wrote and discussed
are the result of humans acting to fulfill their
vices in the absence of virtue and conscience.

I doubt that you are LMAO, due to the fact that LMAO is a lie, as it cannot happen.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

KK

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Thread notice.

Please get back on topic. Cease the personal off topic posts and one liners that contribute nothing to the thread.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
my opinion:

God doesn't have a religion, religion is man made, and God doesn't exist. Short, sharp and to the point.

If any wants to see any of my rebuts against the God theory, check out the last few pages, i don't intend to insult anyone, but open minds.

Laters.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Physician, heal thyself.
you are out to open minds, as this probably a sore spot for you.

Remember that which pisses you off most about other people is the primary problem you need to work on yourself.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787

Remember that which pisses you off most about other people is the primary problem you need to work on yourself.

Every time I hear that - I disagree.

Its kind of lame actually. In my opinion.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Funny Annee, you are atheist, and spend lots of time via conversation on posts convincing yourself that you are correct.

Stop teaching rules to your grandchildren and let them follow their own free spirit and do what they want to do. You know that you have to raise children from an inside job. Those external rules are inhibiting the free expression of their spirit.

Gos loves you more than you love your children and grandchildren, and the stakes are much higher, believe me ELF, everyone lives forever one place of another.

That is the reason God has a religion and He has revealed it to those with ears (open minds) to hear, understand and follow the rules that are unfortunately imposed from without, outside the person.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787
Funny Annee, you are atheist, and spend lots of time via conversation on posts convincing yourself that you are correct.

I am not convincing myself of anything.

I just am.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I don't believe in the God you believe in, but am the farthest thing from and athiest there is, for believe in Higher Power, which is the Infinite Family of Light, Many In One, and our Future/Higher Selves. And LOVE. All that connects us to each other, be that a Force, be that Divine, I don't care what it is, and it all about Love.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

God created light, God created the many and the higher being is your soul in heaven, and God said love me and others.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

I don't believe in the God you believe in, but am the farthest thing from and athiest there is, for believe in Higher Power, which is the Infinite Family of Light, Many In One, and our Future/Higher Selves. And LOVE. All that connects us to each other, be that a Force, be that Divine, I don't care what it is, and it all about Love.

I find it interesting that we believe the same thing - - only differently.

I became more clinical after the walk-in. Interesting story - I may have to tell it sometime.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware

If any wants to see any of my rebuts against the God theory, check out the last few pages, i don't intend to insult anyone, but open minds.

If by "opening minds" you mean "spread my gospel" then yes, yes you are. And anyone who doesn't believe in your gospel is a stupid, simple-minded unbeliever.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

If by "opening minds" you mean "spread my gospel" then yes, yes you are. And anyone who doesn't believe in your gospel is a stupid, simple-minded unbeliever.

I am not stupid or simple-minded.

I am an unbeliever.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Um, you missed my point. I'm talking about AAA's gospel.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

I don't have a gospel, nice try though. I don't want everyone to believe what i believe, i might believe smoking is good, do i mean to impose that on people? No, my personal beliefs are not to be indoctrinated or imposed on anyone, my belief in science has the nessasary conviction of the evidence to prove it's truth, if someone wants to deny the truth, far be it from me to stop it.

But if someone has a belief and it doesn't make sense, or it is based on no evidence whatsoever, i will certainly challenge it.

Nice try though, trying to make me look as though i want everyone to be an atheist or believe what i believe.

Just remember you can be an atheist and either dislike or like homosexuals or women. Christianity makes "God's" judgement your own judgement. Allows people to belief wicked things and cast judgement on certain people just because they live life a certain way.

Religion pre-disposes you to have these types of prejiduces because God's words are objective in the eyes of the believer, there is evidence (the bible) to say why we should hate homosexuals and why they should burn in hell. Because evidence is scripture according to the believers, if it says you must do this, you MUST do it.

We will just forget about the old testament shall we? Because God said it was ok to rape and enslave foreigners, must be true, i'm sure that's the moral thing to do. And i'm sure you'll just respond with "i don't believe in the old testament" well why not? it was written by men, in the same way the new testament was.

Remember, being an atheist i don't promote the sick rules and regulations like those in dictatorship absolutist religions.

Remember philosophy and science doesn't require you to have faith in anything, you have the tools of reason and the objectivity of evidence to found your beliefs.

Simply saying there is a God, here are his rules it quite simply childish and absurd.

That's why you never see me getting irate with Deists or Agnostics.

[edit on 14/8/10 by awake_and_aware]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Because there is both good and evil in this world and evidently beyond this world (other planets) and among humans and non-humans (assuming there are aliens/ETs/interdimensionals), I've started to feel it more meaningful to think of God/God-Mind in a more neutral way - that It is simply pure energy that binds everything.

I think for humans, God is Love makes sense. But there are other species besides humans.

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join