It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Doesn't Have a Religion

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787
reply to post by Annee

sorry about the death of your grandsons father.

even in play, with an open mind, a child that age with too open of a mind, will get in dangerous situations.

You think I let him run free without supervision? There is a difference between supervising and control.

Do you think we don't walk through the house - - point out and talk about specifics that could be harmful? Like electrical outlets - the furnace - etc.

Do you honestly think I don't have harmful chemicals locked up?

I've also taught him to respond to the word STOP. No matter what he is doing he freezes.

We are talking responsible parenting - Right???

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Same with the moral rules God writes on our conscience. we will, when we have the faculty of reason coupled with free will and governed by conscience eventually obey him in the here or the hereafter.

You do realize I am an Atheist - don't you?

I do not need a god (or outside force) to teach the things you just described.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by slugger9787

Same with the moral rules God writes on our conscience. we will, when we have the faculty of reason coupled with free will and governed by conscience eventually obey him in the here or the hereafter.

Its one thing that we do things to obey....its another level of maturity and growth when we have understanding of why a certain way is better then another.

If my children only do something because they are obeying me, do they have real understanding of growth as a being, reasons of understanding of WHY I ask them to do the things they are doing?

Same with a 'god'. Is it really true intent and growth as spiritual beings to just 'do as god says'....or are we not supposed to reach for understanding of why something is to be expected of us?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

That is a spiritual yardstick of progress, when one notices they moved from extrinsic to intrinsic motivation on a moral and conscience level.

It has to do with locus of control.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

My point was really that sometimes we must experience WHY something is better.

I can ask my children to 'obey' things I say, but sometimes they will learn the reason WHY through experiences, more so then they will learn through just listening to me.

Same with 'spiritual things'. How would we understand the worth of things of earth and spirit if we didnt have the opportunities to both of them.

I actually think that we are not expected to JUST OBEY....for what would we then learn?? How would we gain understanding in WHY one way is better then another? This is why I dont find it a mistake or error that we have duality, good and bad experiences because this is exactly how we learn.

If we just all 'obeyed' what would we learn? Would we not be more like robots? I have no regrets from the times I went against the grain of 'rules' for those times molded me to be who I am today just as much as the 'good things' I have done.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
If we just all 'obeyed' what would we learn? Would we not be more like robots?

Yes.

And the Illuminati would like to make robots out of us with their New World Religion.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
When the time comes, the New World Religion will be imposed on all,allegedly.

There will be varying degrees of resistance and disobedience.

The disobedience would and could be measured by a scale from 1-10.

The most disobedient will be Christians, as the OWR (one world religion)
is predicted in the Bible.
So give Christians a ten.

The least disobedient will be the agnostic and atheist.
So give them a one.

The remaining scale 2-9 would be filled in with Taoism, Buddhism, Confucianism, Mormon, Islam, and other branches and denominations.

Just guess from the level of 7.5 to 10 will need to be culled.
The level from 2.5-7.5 reeducated, and from 1-2.5 ignored.

I would also propose that the level from 1-7.5 would lack the en masse conviction to stand up and help and resist the culling of the groups falling into level 7.5-10

After all how many Germans protested the slaughter of low functioning Germans, Gypsies and then Jews.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

What is your rationale for disobedience by Christians for something predicted in the Bible?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

no i do not think you did not preensure a safe house before you let him run around with an open mind and free reign.

you ensured a safe house due to you not trusting his judgment, reason and conscience.

you impose slowly from outside of his being the rules of what is right and wrong, just like innumerable adults did with you when you were a child.

Or did you raise yourself.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by slugger9787]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

When the time comes, the New World Religion will be imposed on all,allegedly.

The least disobedient will be the agnostic and atheist.
So give them a one.

The remaining scale 2-9 would be filled in with Taoism, Buddhism, Confucianism, Mormon, Islam, and other branches and denominations.

I know this whole New World Religion has a thread of its own. But this is ridiculous.

No one can tell you what to think or believe. They can only deny you a physical place to worship or keep you from publicly spreading your belief.

Most likely - - god will no longer be allowed in government or to affect government - - as it should be.

And Mormons are Christians - BTW.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

Christ and hundred of his apostles and followers were disobedient to death and at the time in history this happened the world religion was Roman Emperors.

Did not see pagans, atheist agnostics or others coming to their defense, instead they filled the coliseums an enjoyed the state sponsored form of entertainment at the time.
the arenas filled with what today would be a sports game, and television show, talk about real tv.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

You're a lost hope.

You try to refute my claims and have failed miserably, God is NOT homophobic? do you want me to get you the example "a man should be stoned if he lies with another man?"

The fact that there are so many religions, proves they are wrong or created by man, this is not a hard thing to understand, it's not my belief it's everyone who doesn't believe in the Christian faith, or who doesn't have faith at all. Of course you're going to say its nonsense because your scriptures have caused you to have a closed-mind. You have tunnel vision, in that tunnel is your God and his rules, you don't see any way other than that.

I respect people, not their beliefs, get that into your thick head, and yes i'm calling you thick, because you are. Anyone reading your responses can work this out almost instantaneously and not just because "i say so" it's because people have brains and can reason against your retarded statements, referencing the bible and working it out for themselves.

God is unfalsifiable not just because i say so, its a fact. This is a philosophical fact, if you want to refute that, you can try, but you will fail.

If you say God speaks to you and you can't prove it, i'm not going to believe you. I'm going to think you are deluded, is that being disrespectful? Nope, i'm being honest with you and telling you frankly.

I'll just advise anyone who tries to speak with "God" that you are wasting your time and you will be waiting along time for the response unless you make one up in your head or quote a passage from the bible

Look, you clearly have a problem with my opinon, because i disrespect your God's values.

Did i say i disrespected freedom of speech? gays? charity? peace? loving? No i didn't.

Funnily enough your God and Allah have demanded hell-fire for the un-believers, why would i respect that? Ask yourself why would i? Wise up.

I'll probs see you in another thread, no doubt epic failing as usual.

[edit on 12/8/10 by awake_and_aware]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

that is except the religion of the world, which you as an atheist would sheepishly accede yourself unto.

the world religion will certainly include the theory of evolution as an explanation of origin of all matter.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

no i do not think you did not preensure a safe house before you let him run around with an open mind and free reign.

you ensured a safe house due to you not trusting his judgment, reason and conscience.

Getting off track. Off the point of reason brought up.

Which I think had something to do with god. Time to end.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

there is no religion of the world, only proliferating schismatic cults each offering their own opinion of what God demands, each written in different countries, and at different times.

If there is a religion of the world it would be Deism, their belief stops at the existence of God, they don't claim to know his "rules" or "regulations" because how could they know if they can't see, feel or hear God?

If you count flowers and buttercups and sugarcandy coated happiness as evidence of God's rules and regulations then you are deluded, because you're forgetting the termites, the bacteria, the aids, the dying children.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Atheism is for people who refuse to admit there is an intelligence greater than themselves.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

that is except the religion of the world, which you as an atheist would sheepishly accede yourself unto.

the world religion will certainly include the theory of evolution as an explanation of origin of all matter.

I am 65. As many (most) - I went through my journeys of discovery. I only recently realized I don't believe in any kind of religious god superior being.

I do have beliefs - - but none of a religious god or that type superior being. Which is why I usually use the term "Spiritual Humanist".

So I don't need you to tell me about Christianity or god beliefs.

Sheepishly????????????? Good God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No religion is going to include evolution. That is science.

--------------------------------------------

If anything is going to happen - - - it will be Power taken away from religions. And that is how it should be. There should be NO - ZERO God in government.

Anyone who honestly believes religious beliefs will be denied are not being realistic. People and governments have tried to stop religion since the beginning of time - - and it can't be done.

However - - - their affect on others who do not want religion may not be tolerated.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Which atheist has said that? That's a horrible thing to say with someone who simply doesn't want to believe without having the evidence.

It makes people look arrogant when in fact they are admitting to the humiliation of not knowing how the universe was created or what the meaning of this reality is, even scientists are courageous and honest enough to admit that.

Christians and Muslims for example claim they do know, and they do know God's thoughts and feelings. Some of which condone stoning of women and death for not believing. But no it's ok carry on making us Atheists look like the bad people.

We don't they believe in God because, they're isn't any evidence, just because they're is a lack of evidence for God doesn't mean they're isn't intelligence or at least ORDER within the universe.

And for all i know, they're could be life forms that have existed for 10x the ammount of time we have existed for, with 30x the intelligence, i don't doubt intelligence within the universe. But i won't assume it was made by an intelligent being or dictator of the universe.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Christ and hundred of his apostles and followers were disobedient to death and at the time in history this happened the world religion was Roman Emperors.

Back to my posts - the Illuminati are planning a staged alien invasion followed by the imposition of a One World Religion using a cloned Christ figure - a "Second Coming" - why would Christians disobey this, which is predicted by the Bible, as you pointed out? What prediction in the Bible were you referring to? The Book of Revelation, correct?

By the way, Stewart Swerdlow has also said the Book of Revelation is the Illuminati's blueprint for total world domination.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

I'd say Religion is definetly a decietful premise to control and lead the people into submission, any un-believer who stands up against the oppression and lies is alledgedly condemned to hell, and the believers are happy to agree to believe that.

Bhuddism is one of the few religions which doesn't follow these premises and key objectives.

Funnily enough it's all the abrahamic religions which insist upon themselves and wish to convert and dominate the world in the belief of their cruel God.

Christians "God hates fags" "fags burn"
Muslims "Islam will dominate the world" "behead those who insult islam" "freedom of expression go to hell" "Armageddon is here and God said it would happen so screw everybody else"

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join