It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Doesn't Have a Religion

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Yes thats correct, MENTAL ILLNESS. READ CAREFULLY the following so you can see it also:

It is a MENTAL ILLNESS indeed when people believe in talking snakes, donkeys and shrubbery.

It is a MENTAL ILLNESS to believe that a human being had lived inside of a fishes belly, and also that a person was able to find money in another fishes mouth.

It takes a MENTAL ILLNESS to believe that a senior citizen built a big wooden boat and was then able to physically load EVERY pair of animal species in his lifetime from all over the planet and then believe they all lived for 40 days and nights. Especially so when Egyptians records exist UNINTERRUPTED thorough-out that time period which would have been destroyed by the "world-wide flood".

It takes a MENTAL ILLNESS to believe that a book which is JAM PACKED with contradictions, atrocities, and absurdities is of a "divine " "supernatural" "perfect" creator/being.

It takes a MENTAL ILLNESS to believe that a person will get a FREE golden VIP ticket to an exclusive heavenly paradise for ETERNITY just for whispering an acceptance speech to an imaginary friend to which NO historical evidence exists, and NO first hand eyewitness accounts exists.

It takes a MENTAL ILLNESS to believe that women are INFERIOR to men as the Bible goes ON AND ON about, and to add INSULT TO INJURY, that women who were RAPE VICTIMS were commanded TO MARRY their RAPIST.

It takes a MENTAL ILLNESS to believe that a righteous person of the Judaism, Islamic, Buddhist, Hindu, Atheist etc faith/belief will go to "Hell" just because they DONT share some NARROW-MINDED, and HATEFUL views as you may follow and believe.

Do you require more examples to CONVINCE YOU? There are HUNDREDS more examples.

And to your inappropriate, and baseless insults, it is an absolute certain TRUTH that I can say that I have NO HATE toward ANYBODY of ANY faith. CAN YOU DECLARE THAT??

[edit on 5-8-2010 by SunIsSon]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

Very well said - IMO religion has been a blockade to God/Creator. People get way to tangled up in what the preacher and the bible (written by man) tells them and forget about the spirtual one on one connection with God/Creator. And then when you mix politics with religion its gets even more difficult to focus in the right direction.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunIsSon
I can say that I have NO HATE toward ANYBODY of ANY faith.

But you sound to me as if you are extremely angry.

Maybe "mentally ill" is a little harsh?

How about "makes no sense" instead?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

So you assume that I am angry because of a post that I made in attempt to expose the silliness of a belief system that causes folks to act in NON-RATIONAL ways?

I believe that such DELUDED beliefs are a MENTAL ILLNESS. Tell me how they are not.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by SunIsSon]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunIsSon
So you assume that I am angry because of a post that I made in attempt to expose the silliness of a belief system that causes folks to act in NON-RATIONAL ways?

I believe that such DELUDED beliefs are a MENTAL ILLNESS. Tell me how they are not.

One thought that I have is that people may be looking upon stories as symbolic and not literal.

I'm not disagreeing with the gist of what you're saying.

But I think consideration of others' feelings that they may have about the religion they have been brought up to believe in - and may have great anxiety about - is a good thing to have.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SunIsSon

Scriptures aside, the ability to commune and communicate with nature, our natural psi and abilities are not mental illness. It is mental illness to follow the scripts put out by the leaders and school systems, without questioning them, and to ignore the many experiences of others, all around us. It is mental illness to stagnate and wish stagnation on others.

It is intelligence to seek, to discover for oneself, whether it be through meditation, or discovering that scientific experiments are showing surprising thought, consciousness and telepathy amongst plants, and not to sit in nature and examine this for yourself.

A closed mind is not a healthy one. Your own heart and soul nudges you on, but you drown out those nudges with the opinions of others, with materialism, entertainment, and by believing that those running things know best, when everything in the world decries differently.

So the scriptures themselves are one thing, but this world is full of magic, syncronicities, the law of attraction, and miracles. Meditations for peace have significantly dropped the crime rates, out of the studies down for the benefits of prayer for medical conditions, the majority found significant findings, not tied in to any faith.

This world is a physcial manfistation of our state of progress, collectively. We are in a school.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
nice thread (: your kinda right,its just god,why would he need something calld "religion"
its just believing in a higher being,

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose

Originally posted by spy66
But i am quite certain that Lord God is not the God we all would like him to be. Lord God fits the profile of the fallen angel cast out from heaven.

God fits the profile of the fallen angel cast out from heaven? This is your opinion? (I am having trouble understanding what you are saying.)

I know, Most people have problems seeing past what they have been thought or told by others. It is very easy to tell people how things are supposed to be, if they cant read a text properly. Or haven't read anything at all.

I am going to bring up some good example of what people can't see when they read.

Everyone is thought by someone that God created all living things physically by him self. Well that is the general idea that most Christians have. But that is not true, if you go and read the text your self.

In Genesis Chapter 1. verse 11. God specifically say: Let earth bring forth the grass, the herb yielding seed....... God doesn't do a thing, he only explains the next step which will take place on earth, by earth.

Verse 12:

And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind,

20 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind,

As you can see God does not do anything. God is letting earth evolve, and is just explaining the sequence in which things evolve.

This is a very important clue to everything. Because God is not doing anything. God had everything figured out before he started his creation.

Now lets go to Genesis Chapter 2. But before you read this, read Genesis Chapter 1. And noticed how the name God is used.

In Genesis chapter 2 you will notice that God suddenly has a tittle "LORD".

-Notice how Lord God takes credit for Gods creation in Chapter 2 verse 4.

-Notice how Lord God forms Man of the dust on the Ground.

-Notice in verse 5. It states that:

Every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew.

-Notice that Lord God planted a garden east wards in Eden. Eden already existed before Lord God planted his garden.

-Now pay attention to this verse in Chapter 3:

1 Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

This verse is the second verse which gives away who Lord God really is.

Now, who is the serpent which Lord God had created? It is non other than the "man" Lord God formed of the dust on the ground. Well unless you believe in a talking snake!!!

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive
nice thread (: your kinda right,its just god,why would he need something calld "religion"

But you seem to think God has gender!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

Religion is Theology, which means the study of God; God's name being The...which I always assumed anyway.

Humans study God, why?

To be... Like God.

I guess the problems begin when the created thing comes close enough to God to think that God is no longer necessary.

Religions exist then, possibly, as a device to raise an army to wage war upon God and his creation.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Religion is nothing more than a Role Playing Alternative-Reality Game, one where people get way too involved in it. Not much different than Dungeons and Dragons, except with a lot more people playing which results in a lot more money.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by DJM8507]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I agree that "god" has no religion. I had always pondered the concept of god, but i think it was while reading Ken Wilber's The Spectrum of Consciousness that i had my Eureka moment. The way he explained it, in a simplified way, is to think of the concept of "god"/godhead/the void/etc as a cube, or an other polygon, with each side being a different color; however, a person/culture/religion is brought up/taught/conditioned to see perceive one side in a particular way (however that came to be in prehistory what with differences in culture/location/etc).

So, a christian says "god" is blue, a muslim says god is green, and so forth, without realizing that they are looking at different sides of the same thing. Hence the conflict: the "god is blue!" "no god is green!" back and forth that leads to war and people killing each other trying to convince the other that he/she/it/they are wrong, when in fact both are correct; religion was simply invented by man as a means to explain his particular cultural position, all of which are different--but still part of the same Whole.

Of course there are also theories of the hierarchical organization of the concept of god and religion(s), but that's another issue, and i do not recall enough to accurately explain it without controversy.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

AMEN Sister!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

It's a good thing we aren't some 400 years in the past. Otherwise you'd be burned at the stake.

But I agree. Sometimes I think we'd be better off without religion.
Especially the hardcore stuff.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
[edit on 5-8-2010 by parrothead0333]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

And what happens if after connecting to that people still have different opinions and lesser people start wars over it?

What you speak of simply does nothing. It makes you go full circle. You end where you began.

Welcome to the same dilemma architects face. We all want to start our own, but eventually we become divided amongst different sides and we give up on this bullcrap about universalism because it can't work. Just do what you want, accept when you are wrong, thrive on what you are right, and fight for it.

For me, This means Christ is king. But you certainly are not going to see a bunch of Muslims turn their ways.

So basically, what your saying is nice and all, but so is Communism. It never works in practice. At the end of the day, what organized religion supports free will and bounds you to the core of common sense? For me that's non-catholic Christianity. (and yet I still call myself catholic). So yea. Enjoy it, but you're basically going back to square one to rethink what has already been thought.

I walked that path a while back. Went full circle with it. Catholic->atheism->Deism->universalism-> Christian Universalism->Catholic-protestant hybrid.

What did I learn? I learned I like organized religion because there's nothing to gain by questioning what is fact and already known.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Religion forces you to throw away your logic, which is one of the things that God has given you in the first place. Why would he give you something if you're not allowed to use it? That reason alone should be enough for people to wake up.. But, yeah.. I agree with the OP.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
God is religion. God is what ever makes the sky blue in this world, the night dark, and the wind stormy. God is the truth or what makes the truth true according to absolute cause and effect.

God is 2 and 2 is 4.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose

Originally posted by Stillalive

But you seem to think God has gender!

Careful, Mary Rose, our obsessions become religion.

If God turns out to have a gender, then what?

Ideas are cool, obsession becomes a cancer.

When you think you want to walk a higher path...others are already there. Your thoughts will be judged.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by vasaga

To make you strong. I was given twitches and nerve damage and the ADD need to touch things 4 x each and repeat sentences. I had this. I should not use it. I decided to grow my will power to resist it, and as such have a powerful will power when I need it. Though yea, still lazy sometimes.

The fact that you have something should not mean you should use it.

But we're talking about logic here.

So lets use some logic here. God's floating around. If he intervenes on Earth, mankind becomes slaves. If he does nothing, mankind does not know about him and cannot join what he does not know. Oh what to do. First of all, we must set man apart. because united man will be pompous and unstoppable. So we divide them. Now they have to learn how to accept differences before working together. Now how do we show them the way? People. Select few to be given authority. They are human, so they will misuse this power. But they will have power and show God exists. After this, introduce a ideal. A constant. Mankind at this point knows he is a failure and divided. woe. The constant ideal is introduced. For me this is Jesus. A perfected man is now seen by the woeful humans. This man is also God. God and man. Perfection of the two. Like this man-God of perfection, man too can unite with God down a certain path. Go down that path which is revealed. And bring along as many as possible.

So thus we get the ultimate solution. A door is left open for perfection. Those who chose to walk through it receive. Those who do not are lost. No one is worthy. But if they chose, they can be taught how to be.

That's logic. It also happens to be Christianity without the whole papal stuff poped onto it.

reply to post by bruxfinn

God was pictured as a male because of the society it was in. However, the old testament does occasionally use female words and qualities to describe God. The bible says we are made in God's image. Male and female. Both. That is because we are imperfect. God needs nothing. he is complete. A complete and perfect soul. Mankind's soul is incomplete. It is a piece. A copy. And image of the soul it was made from. So male and female are equal halves of the piece and together simulate the whole. But still are not. One merges with the whole at the end.

So basically, gender is a problem of the flesh. Not God.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Gorman91]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join