It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Doesn't Have a Religion

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

I had something like that happen but it did not say it was God. I simply understood it to be, under my belief. I do not believe it was necessarily God but I would believe it to be from God or God himself. Irregardless, it never said specifically "I am God".

But then again, I don't count personal experience as proof, so my experiences pretty much mean squat.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

Originally posted by 547000
Well, tons of people have interacted with God, you just don't happen to believe any of them. When you can't perceive what others can you call them delusional and/or liars. It's not the same as calling yourself delusional, since you don't know what they know. For all you know God is knowable but you just don't know anything about him yourself.

Just ask your self.

If you heard a voice in your head that told you He was God. Would you believe God was talking to you?

If you saw a light in front of you, and it told you he was God. Would you believe it?

Not at first. But if shows consistency over various conditions/tests then I would.

If you do believe it would that make you a liar? Definitely deluded? He clearly said those who claim to know are liars.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Double post.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by 547000]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Open mindedness also has to do with accepting when something is statistically probable or improbable.

Nope, being open-minded is looking at the available evidence or hypothesis and remaining neutral, taking it onboard until you can prove that someone is talking trash or whether you can prove that what they speak of is truth.

If you assume something is most definetly bull# like God, i'm not going to remain open-minded, because no one could know this.

You can't remain open-minded when someone takes a guess at how the universe works or who created it, unless they have mathematics, proper understanding of astronomy.

Without that knowledge, your theory is just an unfalsifiable hypothesis until you prove some cogent data to support your theory, and show your understanding of cosmology/astronomy/physicss and maths. I don't claim to know anything but i remain open minded and look at different people's theories.

Now please stop talking bull# because you watched one video that probably doesn't go into fact, but speculation.

How old are you Gorman91? This will be the deciding factor of whether i carry on even trying to refute anything you say?

[edit on 8/8/10 by awake_and_aware]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I just cannot see the point in those that don't believe in Yahweh arguing with those that do
I have FAITH that Yahweh sees and hears me, and that He loves me and wants what is best. Do I understand it all? No way. Doesn't matter, I still have faith.

I can't understand why those that believe in Yahweh would think that they could convince a non-believer of the truth on an internet forum. Your faith isn't a tangible thing. There is no way to prove any of it. For those who will belong to Yahweh, it is just a matter of time before the light shines in the darkness. For those who will never belong, the darkness is forever. To quote John 8:47

"He who is of God hears God's words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God"

Yeah, yeah, I know... I quoted THE BIBLE, which will be instantly dismissed by most. S'Okay, it wasn't for you, anyway, since you don't believe, right?

As far as religion and Yahweh go, don't you remember what John said about that? From Revelation 1:6...

" To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood and made us kings and priest to His God and Father...."

I don't need to go thru some man to get an audience with my God. As a follower and believer in Yeshua, I have instant access 24/7. For those who feel that they cannot accomplish that on their own, maybe a "church" is necessary. But from what I can see, the seperate religions and denominations have been created by man for control of the masses. I assume that they may have begun with good intentions... then were hijacked by the "enemy who crept in unawares" for their own purposes.

Flame away, flame away!!

[edit on 8/8/10 by jennybee35]

[edit on 8/8/10 by jennybee35]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Well there you have it. "probably" meaning you have not watched it.

Do tell. Are you not assuming the video is wrong and being closed minded then without even watching the whole series?

So again, how can anyone talk with you if you ignore their sources?

It's quite simple. You are closed minded.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

There's no argument with someone who just believes in God, but when they claim to know his desires, just because they read a book that humans made, when these demands given by the God give the reader a prejiduce over homosexuals, women's rights or even how to live their live, that's when i have a problem and i will argue.

When they cast these delusions of a universal dictator to children, i also have a problem.

Faith is the opposite to reason, it's a blind belief.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

All i can say is you have read a lot, but i am not sure you tackle science from the right perspective.

Earth is not like any other planet. Of course food from earth would have different scientific changes on a different planet. Even in the vacuum of space.

That is also the reason why we have to isolate ourselves when we travel from our planet and into space.

I want to ask you one question. What makes up gravity on earth?

Don't give me a link. Tell me in your own words.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I watched the video, i am not going to post on a forum making it sound like it is fact, making it sound like i know more.

I remain open-minded, i don't consider myself to be more knowledgeable than any other scientist just because i watched a fancy video.

Look, i'm not carrying on this petty argument, i've seen you get pwned time and time again in many forums, maybe meet you in another forum some time, no doubt you will be prophecising scientific truth because you think you gained some sort of ultimate knowledge of the unvierse because you watched one video.

@spy66: Theres no reasoning with Gorman91, he is right.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Pretty much, Jesus flat out said most of those mosaic laws were created by men. In fact, most of the men gave power to got carried away.

If what you say is what you learned, then again you are closed minded, not connecting the dots and just assuming things. I've read a good portion of the bible, and heard the rest in church. Thus far what I see is simple. God gives people power, and those people act like dicks.

So then Jesus comes around and basically says the golden rule.

Jesus never said much about homosexuals or women. But he did have a whore has his closest friend and companion, so that says a little something about respect, and as to gays, pretty much Jesus says it's wrong but he does into say prosecute them. He says it's in their own power to stop their sinning.

Ultimately it's a mind your own business but help and correct those who are wrong with words, not actions religion.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Faith is not opposed to reason. I am a very reasonable person. I am also aware that Yeshua told us to love others as ourselves. For me, that means that I must take into consideration how my words and actions will affect others around me. Spewing hate and intolerance never saved anyone, as far as I can tell. That doesn't mean that I accept what I know is very wrong, but that I let God handle His own business. He certainly doesn't need me to tend to it for Him. My place is not to judge a person's wrongdoing: only Yeshua is allowed that position. That doesn't mean that I accept and glory in what I know is wrong. It means that it is not my place to call someone out for it.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Well, tons of people have interacted with God, you just don't happen to believe any of them. When you can't perceive what others can you call them delusional and/or liars. It's not the same as calling yourself delusional, since you don't know what they know. For all you know God is knowable but you just don't know anything about him yourself.

Just ask your self.

If you heard a voice in your head that told you He was God. Would you believe God was talking to you?

If you saw a light in front of you, and it told you he was God. Would you believe it?

Not at first. But if shows consistency over various conditions/tests then I would.

If you do believe it would that make you a liar? Definitely deluded? He clearly said those who claim to know are liars.

Well it depends on your qualifications. How well do you know God?

Have you asked your self that question? Do you know God that good that you can without doubt claim it was thee God?

If i was to make a guess. Proving God would not be in what he speaks. But in how he makes you feel.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Gravity is pretty nice concept. If you've heard of virtual particles, it has to do with that. Basically the more mass you have, the further your virtual particles can travel. But virtual particles don't exist. They are a form we can understand to deal with something that is pure mathematical. It's like the number 1 and 0 for code. They don't exist. They represent on and off. Because gravity deals with massive things, it's virtual particles are limitless, as opposed to negative and positive forces, where mass is extremely small, and so their virtual particles don't go far (that's where the electrical universe theory dies). So you can basically imagine a bungee jumper with an infinity elastic string, grabbing other mass. These particles do not affect all things. This is due to string theories many dimensions within the universe. Basically the virtual particle travels along only those dimensions that allow it to exist.

These particles don't exist though. That's where my mind ends in understanding them. They are there, but they are not.

matter of fact, just watch this far more intelligent video. I know, my words only. But basically I can't put to words what's in the video.

It's nice you think that. But as far as I know I've only losed maybe 5 or so discussions because I was younger and did not know as much. Now a days I am smart enough to only discuss what I know. And if you read my earlier posts, you can see how much I've changed as I learned. When someone proves me wrong, I abandon my side because it is wrong. When it is not, I keep it, for it is right. If I don't know, I don't speak.

You're using words like pwnded. So really, how can I expect intelligence from you?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I'm not even going to bother debate you. You are young, i am not. You claim i am closed minded, you havn't seen what i belief, or what i am interested in.

Keeping an open mind means not buying every thoery you hear. See you later Gorman, no doubt we'll meet again.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

What does being young have anything to do with this? I've seen 13 year olds explain how to build an electron vacuum that would solve the world's energy crisis. I couldn't believe what I was hearing, but the physics worked. I am definably young, but I am not a kid. And that has no correlation to being right or not. You still haven't discussed the scientific matters in here. So as far as I care, your beliefs matter not for me.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
reply to post by jennybee35

There's no argument with someone who just believes in God, but when they claim to know his desires, just because they read a book that humans made, when these demands given by the God give the reader a prejiduce over homosexuals, women's rights or even how to live their live, that's when i have a problem and i will argue.

When they cast these delusions of a universal dictator to children, i also have a problem.

Faith is the opposite to reason, it's a blind belief.

There ya go. I was just reading that post - with thought to respond. But you nailed it.

I'm all for meditative religion/belief - - even if you don't believe in a god - you can meditate on how you "are doing your job" to better yourself and mankind.

Its when it interferes in my life and others lives - - - that brings problems and conflict.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Well if he is right then i am wrong

I am not learning form him, but about him.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

kk, carry on spreading disinfo

Peace out to the rest.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Just ask your self.

Well it depends on your qualifications. How well do you know God?

Have you asked your self that question? Do you know God that good that you can without doubt claim it was thee God?

If i was to make a guess. Proving God would not be in what he speaks. But in how he makes you feel.

I don't know God very well, but I know of Him, and that he is a) light, b) love.

If that is not God, then more than one spirit exists, that has angelic qualities or qualities most people would associate with divinity. I am assuming when I enquired into God's nature, the feeling I got back was His nature.

I'm not claiming to prove Him, but claiming to know of one or two aspects of His nature.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

I never personally understood love by what you mean. Because love is just an emotional feeling.

Yes it is good and all, but even the Greeks did not use it like us. They had something like 3 different words for what we regard as love. I feel as if it is good and important and all, and it's part of my faith. But really, at the end of the day, it's just electricity at a certain part of the brain.

Good Lord. Only children have to have the last word. Go ahead if you must.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join