It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Doesn't Have a Religion

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by spy66

The +4 is a finite number created by an infinite amount of equations. However, both the numbers that created it have to be finite. We have finites existing in infinites, existing in finites.

How do we find those numbers? Well you chose pretty simple numbers, thus proving the Razor theory. We'd try out a few simple numbers until we got the right numbers.

When all else fails, guess and check.

So there cant be a infinite number of finite to choose from.

Yes there can. There can be infinite combination of finite. In fact, since real numbers are an unbounded set, there are infinite real numbers, each of which are finite.

We know how to go back in time, it just costs crap tones of money. We have done it with low level things. We also could just blow up the matter and scan the recipient parts in a collider.

How can we go back in time?

[edit on 8-8-2010 by 547000]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

If you are asking that question then you did not watch the science channel show I posted.

Do tell, How can I discuss anything with you if you don't even view my sources?

It is accepted. I showed you the video. Now you can chose to watch it and discuss this matter with knowledge, or you can keep your closed mind and keep repeating yourself like fumbling idiot. The choice is yours mate. I really hope you chose to learn the topic you are speaking of before you speak.

The universe is chaotic. Try to take an air tight garden in a cruise to Pluto and you'll likely get sliced and diced very fast. The order we see, known as equal expansion, comes as a result of equal distribution, in the documentary I showed you. But the universe is equally dispersed chaotic.

IE, matter is equally distributed, but that matter is still chaotic. In the same way that a gas in a room has order in that it is all the same molecules equally distributed, but if you look at them you find each molecule is going in chaotic directions without order, flowing everywhere at different speeds and at different temperatures.

I am really getting tired if repeating myself to you, but really no one can speak to you it seems. You've closed your mind and convinced yourself that your word is god. Come back when you have something to discredit me.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by spy66

Not really. We know how to go back in time, it just costs crap tones of money. We have done it with low level things. We also could just blow up the matter and scan the recipient parts in a collider.

There's a way to understand anything. The only thing I am going to say is an exception is quantum mechanics. Because with that, you CAN travel back in time to view something, and do pretty much whatever an electron feels like doing for the time you're chilling with it. You should watch these.

quantumiscool1.ytmnd.com...

quantamiscool2.ytmnd.com...

yqpic3.ytmnd.com...

wqpic4.ytmnd.com...

A few posts back you said that all finite are expanding. If everything is constantly expanding, both energies and matter. How can we travel back in time?

Time is also expanding, because we measure time by what we observe.

To be able to travel back in time. You would have to be able to reverse the expansion of everything, and compress it back to what it used to be. And we have never done that ever.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Wrong, there can only be a finite combinations of existing finite. We can create a fictional combination with numbers. That is different.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Space and time are linked. Hence space-time. But not in the manner you are thinking about. If you stretch space, time slows down. If you let space settle, time speeds up. If you are at that spot, nothing is changing for you because of relativity. So as the universe expands, in theory time should be slowing down. But we are all in the universe, so we cannot notice this if it is true. So it is irrelevant to us within the universe.

You go back in time by effectively warping it in such a manner that you fall back on yourself.

I won't say I understand it. I'll say that people are working on it. Look up Dr Ronald Mallett

reply to post by Mary Rose

That discussion inherently expands into what is God. That is where we are. You've created a thread that inheritable will not stay on topic, but rather expand to many related topics in order to reach consensus of the topic you started.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

I tried to debate it, but Gorman went off on a tangent talking about how the universe is a machine and is now saying it is complete chaos, except for waves.

I won't stand for ignorance.

My points for this topic:

God cannot be demonstrated to exist, therefore how would we know which religion he would subscribe to? How do we even know he exists at all? Why would we even assume that God is a "he" and not just a force, would a force have a religion? Nope, it's stupid.

We don't know anything about God, you can claim to, but you would be lying to yourself and others., so it would be stupid to assume the creator of the universe would subscribe to any silly religion that man has made, especially any religion as opressive and dictatory as Islam or Christianity. These are fear based religions (i don't care how much charity you do in the name of them)

[edit on 8/8/10 by awake_and_aware]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

That's nice of you to distort what I said, combining my example with what I was talking about.

Again, read before you speak. It really helps you to not look like you're ignorant.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Read all of your posts again, and realise who is the ignorant one. You sound like a 9 year old trying to explain the universe.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware

We don't know anything about God, you can claim to, but you would be lying to yourself and others.

What if you did know something about God but merely can't prove it to others? Would it still be lying?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
reply to post by 547000

Wrong, there can only be a finite combinations of existing finite. We can create a fictional combination with numbers. That is different.

True. I got confused based on what you were saying. Sorry 'bout that.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by 547000]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

It would be like me having an invisible friend, could i prove that to you?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

reply to post by 547000

It would be like me having an invisible friend, could i prove that to you?

No, but if your invisible friend was real, would you be a liar to say so? Are you deceiving yourself if you knew for a fact he was real?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Well other people in this reality would not be able to see my invisible friend, so i would consider myself to be suffering from delusions.

This is why: no other person in our reality can see or interact with this being (invisible friend), only me, therefore the being has no affect on reality and my real friend or people in reality, so why should i consider it real?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Then you truly are closed minded.

Let's try this another way. How is what I am saying wrong from the given data in the science channel video?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

What you are talking about is "If" we did this or that to space, we could change time. The only time you would change is present time/present changes within that space.

You can change time if you freeze food to. You can reduce the rooting speed/process.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Look, this is about God, talk about God if you want.

Raise another thread if you wish to discuss your alledged scientific theories of the nature of the unvierse.

And btw, OPEN-MINDEDNESS is looking at many theories and keeping an a broad outlook and not submitting to one particular theory until it can be irrefutably proved with absolute conviction.

I am open-minded, i read Hawking's take on the unverse, i read Nassim Haramein who's looking at a grand unifying theory of the universe, which would even explain human conciousness.

Don't call me closed-minded, thanks.

Now please..... Back to the debate in hand, raise another thread if you wish, i will stay well clear.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Well, tons of people have interacted with God, you just don't happen to believe any of them. When you can't perceive what others can you call them delusional and/or liars. It's not the same as calling yourself delusional, since you don't know what they know. For all you know God is knowable but you just don't know anything about him yourself.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

nope. Freezing molecules does not affect the progress of time. If you tried to freeze something on A planet with 3Gs, but it was timed on Earth, it would take longer than freezing the same thing on Earth. Gravity affects time.

Light travels at light speed in cold temperatures or in hot temperatures. But if light hit an area with gravity near the strength of an event horizon, the photon would nearly stop because time would nearly be stopped. But to it's own relativity, it is still going at light speed.

These matters are not theoretical. They are proven fact. Don't confuse temperature with gravity.

The question is what is this God. I presented my evidence. You have yet to discuss this going many paged onward.

Open mindedness also has to do with accepting when something is statistically probable or improbable. One can reject the notion of what is obviously wrong and still be open minded. To just consider anything possible is not open minded, it is chaotic at best and is simply indecisive.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
Well, tons of people have interacted with God, you just don't happen to believe any of them. When you can't perceive what others can you call them delusional and/or liars. It's not the same as calling yourself delusional, since you don't know what they know. For all you know God is knowable but you just don't know anything about him yourself.

Just ask your self.

If you heard a voice in your head that told you He was God. Would you believe God was talking to you?

If you saw a light in front of you, and it told you he was God. Would you believe it?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

God cannot be demonstrated to exist, therefore how would we know which religion he would subscribe to?

It seems to me that this is more a debate about whether or not God/God-Mind exists rather than anything about organized religion, which is the topic of this thread - the impact of organized religion on humans trying to connect to God/God-Mind.

Maybe a new thread needs to be started to debate whether or not God/God-Mind exists?

Or maybe a new thread to debate how creation came about?

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join