It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Doesn't Have a Religion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Now that you realize that this is indeed the case...at least concerning your epiphany that God does not have a religion, if not the idea that God has no gender...that being a possible point of further discussion.

Just to be brief it seems to me that reality, being composed of Time and Space, that Time is masculine and Space feminine...but that's just an idea and I don't hope to force it on anyone.

Back to God having no religion. The big problem for humanity is refining ones understanding concerning God...the price being our lives, for people have mixed in the idea of God with all manner of base philosophy and belief and its really become a pain in the butt for many.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

Mary Rose,

If the God, that is described in those books of long ago, actually exists....then he is gonna be so p*ssed off with you!!!

Great thread!! S+F

Keep searching!!

Peace

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
now, people hear me...i know it seems worldly is the best view but....

Not believing in man-made, organized religion is the topic. That doesn't mean be worldly.

I'm advocating connecting to the universal life force that is God - an It - on our own, without an institution dictating how we are to go about it and what we should think and do. I think that by doing this we can be free. And that by doing this we then know what to do.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

People need guidance. Some are lost without it...hence religion.

Growing up takes time...be patient.

Peace

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by bruxfinn
Just to be brief it seems to me that reality, being composed of Time and Space, that Time is masculine and Space feminine...but that's just an idea and I don't hope to force it on anyone.

I find characterizing things that are common to both genders as either masculine or feminine very confusing!! Calling the left brain masculine and the right brain feminine especially bothers me. I don't think I buy it. Both genders are both logical and creative. I don't think it's helpful to try to describe things this way.

Back to God having no religion. The big problem for humanity is refining ones understanding concerning God...the price being our lives, for people have mixed in the idea of God with all manner of base philosophy and belief and its really become a pain in the butt for many.

I'm interested in hearing more of your thoughts on this. Can you give an example?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

People need guidance. Some are lost without it...hence religion.

Growing up takes time...be patient.

Peace

I have a very strong feeling about what people can do for themselves when they're free of constraints - fear and guilt - imposed on them from the outside. People do need guidance - from their inner voice, their intuition. I think people need each other, too, to figure things out. But step one, I think, is rejecting that which enslaves us.

Yeah, things do take time. Patience is a very good thing.

People can take baby steps.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Saying God doesn't have a religion is like saying the Self doesn't have a personal identity as we know it. This is true, but we are not the Self. We are merely the ego-consciousness, and we tend to think we run the whole show. But the ego-consciousness is not the center of the psyche. The Self is.

We must relate to the Self, and the way we humans relate is through a religious system, because we have to rely on symbolism, story, ceremony, ritual, structure. We can't reach out and touch the center of the psyche. We can interact with it through mysticism, but we only symbolize it and model it, because the language of the psyche is symbol, and a symbol must penetrate the layers of the psyche in order to communicate.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Student X]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose

I find characterizing things that are common to both genders as either masculine or feminine very confusing!! Calling the left brain masculine and the right brain feminine especially bothers me. I don't think I buy it. Both genders are both logical and creative. I don't think it's helpful to try to describe things this way.

I'm interested in hearing more of your thoughts on this. Can you give an example?

It probably is confusing, applying the notion of gender to God, especially when people decide that some idea of superiority/inferiority is implied if a connection is made; when the true relation is that genders are compliments to one another. But enough of that for now...

One recent example of refining our understand of God could be Anne Rice, the author.

She felt it necessary to publically annouce that she's done with religion, the political organization, but she made it clear that this act does not include the renunciation of Jesus or his message, the name I assume she uses for God.

She felt, correctly in my opinion, that something, the church possibly, is attaching various political, moral, and ethical opinions and policies to the idea of God.

She finds it offensive and wants to serve as an example, for people who strongly identify with her, that it is possible to maintain a connection to that which is greater than ourselves, without also bearing the burden of ideas that we don't agree with.

Many would like the average person to not feel this is a possible choice and if you love Jesus or if you love God, you hate birth control, gays and abortion. Conversely, if you do happen to be opposed to birth control, gay marriage or abortion that doesn't mean that you are estranged from God. Refinement; one thing having nothing at all to do with the other.

When I think about the church...how much is about God and how much is about the established institution called Vatican City and its strategy

..when I think about government...I ask how much of its laws are not from God? Government is often called secular and the laws of society considered inferior to the laws of the church. Based on personal experience, I have discovered that the laws of nations are not inferior to the laws of the religious institution or spiritual laws and may, at times, be superior.

the point being, God is what is at the core of our society and it takes effort to see God through the baser components of our world.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by prophecywatcher
But not believing in heaven and hell could be a dangerous thing. If it exists, believing could keep you out of it. In my opinion, its better to be safe than sorry.

Yep, that good old Fire Insurance, got to have it.

I hear some local Churches are offering house and contents insurance as well, when you go they will look after it for you.... it's a nice package deal.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
reply to post by spy66

How do the Hindu and Buddhist religions fit in?

To be honest. I haven't read their books yet, so i dont know. I am still working on the Bible.

But i am quite certain that Lord God is not the God we all would like him to be. Lord God fits the profile of the fallen angel cast out from heaven.

Lord God is the one who is interfering with Man in the Bible, and is telling them what to do. In other words creating the religion which man must fallow.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

From your thread title
I thought you were going to say that god has no religion because if it did it would be self worshiping which is so ungodly.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Explanation: S&F!

As long as there is a perception of exclusivity whilst a simultaneous co-perception exists of divisiveness, then maybe one is not looking at the whole picture [which is an issue of SCALE'S and the CONTRAST/relationship/relativity/communication between any two QM states uncertainly interacting as regards to decoherence at OUR 1mtr by 1 second ect scale and likewise with our scale and the scale of the Observiverse/Cosmos/God!

So YES! God is an "it" but only GLOBALLY/UNIVERSALLY/Totallity... AND God is male and female and has many religions [a whole plethora] but only when "it" is LOCALIZED as us.

Take a single and unbent COIN [a decohered QM object at our scale OK] and view it in your imagination [i.e. globallyy and see both sides, heads and tails and the edge between them, ALL at the SAME time... this is IMPOSSIBLE to do with your own two eyes and with no other help! SDo LOCALLY your POV is ALWAYS going to be SKEWED in f[l]avour of your inherent biases that are local and internal to your globalness as yourself! You are all you I hope??? If not then who are you and who is your taskmaster/policeman etc???

Do you see only heads or only tails or are you like me and know it is BOTH at ALL times but that I as a LOCAL perciever /observer COLLAPSES the wave function and I/we only see 1 complete side/facet of the coin at our local scale [any physicist worth their salt will explain the geometric and mathematical consequences of breaking symmetry and therefor how the laws are viewed as being expressed... and I just have
up: ].

So how does any single side/facet of the coin or indeed its interior see outside of itself when looking/observing from within itself to the borders/boundaries/event horizons without itself???

The Source of God is the PURE nothing [before the bigbang singularities moment of isness => Zer0 plancks length/second in scale... and the GodHood is = 1st plancks legth/second and can NEVER be less than this value i.e 100% and IS the eigenstate ultimate minimum value when suming the whole of existence up] and being a completely rarefied state of nothing it has SPECIAL rules for itself and I will now answer a question posed by Albert Einstein which was " Did God have any choice in creating the universe" and as the universe and God both meet the same 4 standards and are therefor the exact same thing wholistically regardless of the words anybody uses to say so! This MEENS that both God and the Universe are SELF CAUSAL and cause themselves [via simple self assesment = Cognito ergo sum] observation and each other and have no choice, if the only special rule for an obsevor veiwing a PURE and therefor BORING state, is the mind can do whatever it wants and can do, to make the boredom GO away... FOREVER! God is quite creative and thats because its an observer and collapses the AMBIGUOUS and uncertain reality into a very certain perception within the limits of our ability to accurately resolve any sensed information/data with any beyond reasonable doubt at those unseen/unseeable scales/horizons.

The Buddhists seek total unattachment and wish to mentally/spiritually return to the SOURCE and then IGNORE the rule about percieving a Nothing as ALWAYS boring. They seek to undo Cognito ergo sum! I'm in no such mood to be repeating or reseting my souls origins thanks and I will SUCK and SOAK it all up as I am quite willing to suffer both good things and for goodness sakes itself! Knowing requires having at least one full facet accurately percieved otherwise you are really uneffectively discussing such issues without any solid/robust A-Priori foundations.

Being Wise meens knowing Globally that its BOTH and the SAME and that locally I can only see about half of the whole and to notice that I must either move my POV by imagining or actually getting up of my backside and looking frowm another and therfor seperated from your original POV views!

I've NEVER seen the real you or anything for that matter... all I see is phenomena and being bosonic and photonic in nature it has barely any substance/gravita/mass to it all! Vainity! Its all Vainity!

Where as everthing thats is made up of Matter is all completely dark due to its physical nature being a fermion which can never been seen except by bouncing a boson of it! Anything that is SOLID/ Firm at the subatomic scale IS Noumena and therefor has substance/mass/gravita which due to uncertainty can NEVER be fully resolved either by senses or our funky sensationalist mindsets.

The universe /Existence is mostly for show and is mostly intangiable and hollow with some light and heat! That there is a highly Technical Theological term and from our literal POV ... it IS HELL/HADES as the Buddah was 100% correct in that existing and observing IS suffering... lets be like Jesus/ Dionysus Apostles by Not suffering the little children when they come unto Chaos! If you are suffering in a bad way then SERIOUSLY just pray and hand that back to the Demi/Semi God that IS responsible for that as it clearly isn't doing you any good and is clearly not your job! Here is the Why and the Consequences of that broken symmetry...

The universe (some information to live in it) [byDouglas Adams] [youtube]

So Chaos/Universe is infinite and that puts the kybosh on everything else as it means any locally calculated POV that I or other I's may or may not percieve [re: Cognito ergo sum] is just a delusion... one that is unethically but definately self held just like God/ The Universe!

Just because I am totally Disillusioned doesn't mean that I don't see illusions... It's all an illusion NOW... I just know it rather than assume so and hope for the best. Hope is awesome if you don't understand faith but would like to and don't want to go the whole hog over God. But Hope is total BS when ONE knows better because One is the ONLY KNOWN OBSERVER! The bibles of ALL religions across space+time Make Faith and NOT truth, as truth is more in the realm of both Kuhnian and Popperianian Science Paradigms because Truth IS the repeatable nature of Facts ,whereas Faith literally doesn't require the wherewithal of TRUTHfull and repeatable Facts because it simply creates "it/existence" for itself just as all Observers Do... Collapse the wave with Cognito ergo Sum! And then it faithfully moves on so as not to disturb its awareness state with such trivial and yet MOST important Observer state type of self referencial questions! We really deeply do know we came from a nothing state...and that scares us all as we KNOW we are God and Came from an unbounded nothing and If what I sense make its so then non sense and non locality are where creativity springs from! Needs... they are the mothers of inventions... So if you kill/break/unbind anything then you had best replace it quickly befor the Vacuum state suddenly observes itself , then says it shouldn't be and then maybe FIAT create another bigbang or whatever else to fill BOTH the mental and real voids! I seriously hope everybody is as muddled as I am because I really don't want to fully contemplate me self in a wholy selfish fasion especially as I already know the answer and IT'S Boring due to its never get a final answer as it flips flops constantly in its QM driven uncertainness! It's like trying to solve the 3 body dynamics problem ... it feeds back on itself and therefor has no end... Which I do Note is the reciprocal nature of both Zer0 and Infinity and is equal to the AREA info youtube I linked above.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by prophecywatcher
But not believing in heaven and hell could be a dangerous thing. If it exists, believing could keep you out of it. In my opinion, its better to be safe than sorry.

Believing in them can be a even more dangerous thing. Since we can create our own reality belief in hell could send you to a hell of your choosing after death. Be careful.

As to the OP the last line of my signature is all that is necessary as a response to this thread. Ohh and I hope your doing well friend always good to see you around.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
We are consciousness in eternal progression, the Many In One, and some of it can be logically guessed at by contemplating the Holographic Universe, some I believe due to connecting with Higher Self and the downloads I got, which led to my thread in my signature.

We're like the many drops of ocean of Prime Creator, the many branches of the Vine, as Jeshua said. Is their a Creator? I don't know, but if so, then the Love that unites us, a Love that is humble and does not demand worship and waits patiently for us all to become Love and grow up well, is what I would call this.

In two different experiences, "time" itself was discussed. The one time, it was like a masked dream, and she shrugged as if to say, we don't do time, but then added, I will tell you this, this day took 9 days to complete. And to write that dream down. The second time, I was told, you must realize this is the past. A past thought/experience of our Higher Self, for we are like an endless roll of film with different clips of our lives, different stages of us. We could sit in a meeting with ourselves externally, for that is how quantum wierdness is, but we also experience Higher Self welling from within like a wellspring.

When this realization and the downloads happened, its been such a wonderful, holistic understanding, and took away years of inner pushes, constant pushing to understand, but I also understood that any way of thinking of this, was limited to the size our cpu's and the fuller more complex truths are beyond our cpu's at this point. But another analogy in our endless progression, if we were to consider we are all what makes up Prime Creator, yet humble about this, then we always discover that there is another Beyond, Beyond this, and we are yet another child of yet another Creation, in an unending process.

This is how I see it.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

We don't need organized, man-made religion. We need to connect to each other after first connecting to that universal life force, which is God.

I beg to differ ......organized religion has its place and was originally constructed as a mystical school to guide a person into the direct experiences of God. They were usually led by enlightened beings but then that all changed and ego's took over making everything Dogmatic and literal minus the experiences.

Also you can say that a Universal Life force is Chi or Qi energy that animates life, but you can also say God is still beyond that ....

Its just so super rich and goes on so many levels. Had I not read the books provided by authors who came from organized structures of religion, philosophy, monasteries, and mysticism ....I would definitely not been able to have had the experiences of God that have happened thus far.

For example, one of the Biggest thing in my life was getting re-baptized in Lake michigan in my early 20's which opened the door for tons of direct spiritual experiences, illumination, ego deaths, etc. But people look at Baptism with the connotation of organized religion and dismiss it, therefor not taking advantage of the awsomeness that comes after baptisms.

Its a fine line to walk, a razors edge.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
But i am quite certain that Lord God is not the God we all would like him to be. Lord God fits the profile of the fallen angel cast out from heaven.

God fits the profile of the fallen angel cast out from heaven? This is your opinion? (I am having trouble understanding what you are saying.)

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
Anything that is SOLID/ Firm at the subatomic scale IS Noumena and therefor has substance/mass/gravita which due to uncertainty can NEVER be fully resolved either by senses or our funky sensationalist mindsets.

When I saw the word "noumena" it rang a bell.

I saw it in the book Our Solarian Legacy by Paul Von Ward. I was under the impression that he coined the term. In the book, he says

. . . for this realm of nonform and nonmateriality beyond space-time, I have chosen the term "noumena," which means the realm of only concepts or ideas. It is the realm of consciousness that the Greeks also sometimes labeled Logos.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by pro-all
My own position is that it is impossible to know what God is, though we are told by christianity that he created us in his own image. No one has come with an explanation of what this means.

I am no expert on the religion matter. I consider myself more of a spiritualist than a catholic. I do believe in many things that the Church teaches us but am not convinced in many others. I have had different experiences throught my life to confirm and debunk many things that the church teaches us.

To offer a kind of explanation to this very same conflict that I had for many years, i found the answer to this.

To lay foundation, I had a surgery couple of years back where the MD had to break my ankle to get to a bone in between my joint in my foot. Recovery time from this was 6 months in a wheel chair and 3 months of physical therapy in which I had to learn how to walk again. During which I came to understand how invalids can easily fall into a depression. This is where the answer to this question just hit me.

Getting to my point....we are the most perfect creatures that can exist on the face of the earth. The fact that we can walk, run, jump, stand up right just analyze how all our different body systems work. Animals, yes they are intelligent, but they on their own haven't been able to build monuments, communicate with different species other than their own. We are truly perfect in our human aspect.

Now as humanity we are all different and have many defects. In our own perfection we are unperfect. Our own beings are contradictary. Essentially all human beings are the same. Cut us up and we have the same endoskeleton system, same neve system, same digestive system and so forth.

You get me??? I hope that I am explaining it well. It's not that we are created in the mirror image in God, whether he had green eyes, white skin, gold skin.

It's how our systems work in conjunction with each other and how well we have this intelligence that makes us unique. God is perfect that is what we are taught.
How are we as human, just the essential mold, of ourselves not perfect????

It's our conscienceness, decisions and thinkings that makes us defective but even in that we as human beings are truly perfect. We are capable of such marvelous feats and at the same time such destruction.

Does that in some way answer your question??? I find that sometimes we dwell so much in the negative of us as humanity that sometimes we forget what is always there and has always been there.

Edit to add:

God has no religion as he is God but just because he doesn't have a religion does not mean that we humans musn't have religion. These norms are put in place because we need something to believe. All religions believe in God or a universal being that is all powerful.
Those experiences offer us to be a better people than just animals and savages. They offer us spiritual enlightment a way to connect to this universal power.
We create our own faith and I don't know about you, but faith is a powerful tool. Being good or bad is a way of life because whether it is God or just the laws of the universe, we pay for all things good and bad.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by qbanthinker305]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
God in the Scriptures who demands sacrifice, is jealous, controlling, punitive, genocidal, and war mongling, and even racist, wanting to keep a pure race and wanting all women and children, even suckling babies murdered in conquered races to stop contamination of the "chosen", is certainly not the Divine. And in fact that Saturn being looks to me more like someone else. People need to chose wisely and go within, they must go within. When I was a christian, I simply ignored all the thing written and knew they were written by the warring leaders and sought the real Divine, which is pure Love, and Patience and knew we were all parts of this Divine.

Also, even in my teenage years, I saw a counsel and tests and was so upset with this world and the injustices, I just didn't agree with them. I argued tooth and nail with them and the Creator, who may or may not exist beyond us, and felt that the entire thing was a steep learning curve so they certainly could also be doing it wrong. I had visions where I was told to carry on my path, and given love, and also, this presence was patiently, very nonjudgmental, very loving, just quietly waiting for me to stop giving up and being upset, and turn within. Finally I remember once, saying, OK, what am I not understanding? Then I was shown the progression and everyone needing to learn love. I was a mother of small children at the time.

The one depicted in Scriptures and the Judaic branches is not what I would ever call Creator. Annanuki? Enki/Enlil and the Sumar connection to the religions.

On the other hand, for those in their hearts, who chose the higher path that is also in the scripture, its like the masonic black and white checkerboard floor with two types of thinking or paths, one punitive and controlling, one loving and nonjudgemental and forgiving, so those in faiths, in their hearts may very well be thinking of the Divine as the true Love and therefore they are sidestepping the worldliness in the religions.

Its whats in our hearts that counts, so all the different pathways of spirituality that are positive if we grow beyond traditions and the controlling paths in the faith to acceptance of others and differences, loving, then they are progressing too.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Musings a-la "what does god need with a starship?"

Are you a god fearing person? Why or why not?
Are you a sinner needful of god's grace or forgiveness?
Are you compelled to worship god?
Does your place of worship (preacher, evangelist, etc.) need your money?

These are the questions I would pose to the proponents of religion.
Your personal relationship with god notwithstanding.

So I agree with the OP on the basis that there is no possible rational answer to the question "what does god need with religion?".

gj

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join