It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Doesn't Have a Religion

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by awake_and_aware

no, you are again twisting what I said.

Both theories are correct.

Nope, before you stated your theory was scientific FACT so do not retract your statements now.

Scientific fact is facts such as the earth is an oblate spheroid or that i have 5 fingers, or that we understand why the sun sets.

Your theory is a garbage theory that assumes "someone" programmed the universe.

Not twisting you words AT ALL.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

No. Evolution is a theory too. But it is still fact. So yea, you can say what you want, but theories can be facts. And this is not a theory anymore by a long shot. Everything decays, this is fact. And when everything decays, the whole universe snaps back. This is fact.

I am not assuming God did it. It could be aliens from the 501st century for all I know. But I think it is God because this deals with matters outside of time. And for all intensive purposes, such a creature might as well be God.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
I think the acceptance of the idea of God killing his son to save us is absolutely abhorrent. What a disgusting scenario!! Looking back on it, I'm amazed that I ever went along with the story. I did not have the self-confidence to question what was being handed down to me.

If you think that God control everyone like puppet, then yes. I agree the idea of God killing his own son. I agree it is a pile of nonsense. But if you think each and everyone of us is responsible for own doing, be it's right or wrong, then you will see Jesus is being betrayed by us. As clearly as the bible says, Jesus was crucified by the Jews priest. But then again you chose to believe what lies and nonsense the pope/priest has preached to you that now you see it's a pile of nonsense. It's pity you have to abandon religion. I suggest you read the Bible as it is without nonsense interpretation with your own consciousness. If the new testament confused you, read the old testament and lastly the quran. The events of Jesus being crucified is both recorded there. Your research about religion is both flaw and mislead.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

No. Evolution is a theory too.

I never said it wasn't. Evolution can also be described as fact, as we can see the hierarchical structure of animals using the legacy of fossils or just observing species in the wild.

So yea, you can say what you want, but theories can be facts.

No, you're wrong, in science a theory, is a proposed hypothesis that aims at explaining a certain aspect of reality or nature. Theories are often critisised and disgarded until a new theory comes along, or information and data is updated. Theories CAN be facts, like the theory of the speed of light, like evolution, because we can demostrate that theory.

Your theory is that someone (whether it be aliens or gods) has created the universe. Is it true? Where is your maths, where is your calculations, obersvations. There is none, that's why no philosopher, theologian, or physicist has ever suggested such a theory, such an assumption and claimed it as a reasonable hypothesis to make. They might call it a force but they would never assume an entity, aliens or God created it, for who would create them.

And this is not a theory anymore by a long shot. Everything decays, this is fact. And when everything decays, the whole universe snaps back. This is fact.

I never doubted that, do you not think i studied decaying atoms in Physics, and the half-life theory?

I am not assuming God did it. It could be aliens from the 501st century for all I know. But I think it is God because this deals with matters outside of time. And for all intensive purposes, such a creature might as well be God.

"aliens from the 501st century" - If they exist from a time, they exist in our universe, we are talking about the cause of the universe. Aliens, being in our universe could not have created the universe. That is proposterus. Assuming it's a God rather than a force is just non-scientific. Just because we don't have the evidence doesn't mean we should assume a phoney theory without evidence.

Whether the universe was created by an entity, or is just a cell within a foam of many cells, whether it is infinite, whether it is a force that we could never understand would be a complete guess, I'm not going to call it God, If i had to call it anything i would call it a force (yay for Star Wars), but i'm not going to assume anything more than that.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

God is the byproduct of the theory. I was saying that the operation of the universe is fact. Now what causes it can be what you want. But you can't say it just popped in there was was created, because under current math it has no creation nor end.

It is not a cell, as there is no edge or membrane for the universe. You are not going to hit a wall. It simply is a plane of existence. You can go out for as far as you want. That's where things get weired because by the time you would get to this theoretical "edge" it would already by the next big bang and you would be dust.

The discussion was what is God. I answered. God is whoever created the machine that is the universe. And yes, it could very well be from within this universe. Because if an individual went to the big bang in a device, their device has mass. This mass being introduced to the moment before the big bang would cause the big bang because it would force volume into a volume-less region. Thus causing expansion. The device's gravity would introduce gravity and it would set off the cycle of birth.

It is very anything. My proof of God is the fact that it is a machine. And a machine cannot come about without a creator or evolution. The universe cannot evolve its rules, so alkems razor says the simplest solution is the best. Something made the entity that is the universe. Because it could not have been created nor destroyed, something outside the bounds of time itself created it.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

If you understood anything about the atheist stance, you would know what i am going on about.

You don't know that the universe is not a cell, within a membrane, so you are in no position to say it isn't.

Just as i am in no position to say that it is. I am also in no position to say that SOMEONE or a God created the universe.

You are in no position to say "someone" created the program or the machine that is the universe.

None at all, until you realise that and stop babbling your theories without proper evidence and cohesion, you will carry on confusing people and appearing to know something that you cannot know, especially without proper study and/or observation.

[edit on 7/8/10 by awake_and_aware]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Sorry. I am in said position. Because I've studied it and came to that conclusion. You have not.

The universe is not a cell. because any light from said cell would be visible by now time would not exist outside the membrane, due to the lack of space. So the light from those neighboring cells would be visible instantly. But we see nothing but blackness. Because there is nothing there. It goes on forever and ever and has no edge. Where space ends, time ends. And therefore what will happen has already happened because without time, nothing changes.

Now you can believe whatever you want, but the evidence says that the universe needs a creator. Statistically it is more likely that aliens made it, or some robot, or who knows what. Something from within the observable system is always more statistically possible. But I've seen my fair share to tell me that it's something from outside the observable system. Something made those laws of the universe absolute and unchangeable. Something made the timer sequence and program for the cycles. Something has to program each one of the forces to activate and deactivate at the right time to allow the universe to keep chugging along.

Maybe it's Time Lords, maybe it's a single conscious robot with time traveling abilities. Maybe this, maybe that. But the fact remains that an entity created it. And such an entity is so powerful it might as well be God or something like it.

When you pet an animal, a series of bio-chemical reactions occur to create a feeling. This came about through evolution. When you press the on button of the computer, it sets off a series of electron events to activate th machine. This is because someone designed it that way, evolving from previous models.

But the universe has no previous models or predecessors to evolve from. It is a plane. A limitless region of existence that creates and destroys itself every few trillion years. A cycle that will continue for long after you're dust has been smashed and reformatted into something else in several big bangs.

Everything dies. If heaven exist, even it dies. Everything ends. And then it comes again. Even God dies in my faith. Then he comes back. It is the programming of the universe.

You know I was an atheist once. Then I realized this cycle happens. I realized that everything in the universe literally has infinite chance of beating this cycle. of figuring out a way to escape it. The escape the inevitable death. That there has been infinite universes before and infinite after.

When I realized this, I also realized something els. Even if there was no God and the whole system did poot itself into existence, it's cycles exist outside of time itself. So because there is an infinite probability of finding a way to beat the cycle, there is a guarantee that somebody somewhere did at some time. And the instant even the smallest of living things escaped the cycle, it would escape the bounds of time. Even the smallest cell; The most primitive life form, would instantly become infinitely complex and intelligent. It would instantly become everything that evolution could make it in any possible way it could go. This is because the whole time it would take to evolve would be 0 seconds.

Without time, things never change. They simply are. They cannot end, because they are there. You can imagine it like a movie, where if something moves on a single image, it moves on all images. You can never tell anything changed because it changes on each image of the film.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Gorman91]

That's what killed my atheism. Realizing the cycle and the infinite possibilities. And how things exist without time.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

You don't know anything more than any one of the most educated and knowledgable philsophers or physicists. And i certainly havn't ever heard any of your wacky and misguide theories discussed by any serious theologian.

It is of the same credibility of saying we are in the Matrix, controlled by machines. That is the weight of your theory.

Carry on spreading your nonsense if you wish to try and fool people, you havn't fooled me.

I love astronomy, i take an interest in science and ermeging theories. Tell me what you have studied that i have missed, this crazy theory that you propose and claim to know so much about.

[edit on 7/8/10 by awake_and_aware]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

But it has been discussed. I showed you the very documentary about it from the science channel.

Maybe I'm crazy, but you have a very selective vision of me, seemingly not seeing what I am saying.

Oh, and the matrix can be easily disproven. The human body does not put out energy more than it consumes. It is not a battery. There is no logic in using humans when you can just use something ten hundred fold better like fission or antimatter or something. Not to mention if you wanted to use conscious beings it would be easier just to deactivate that part of the brain that makes them intelligent.

Sorry to have destroyed that theory, but yea, it's dead.

Again, you are not talking in response to what I am saying. You are just calling me wrong and walking away. So unless you can actually come up with counters to my science, please don't bother writing back.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by EasternShadow

yeah she doesn't make any sense she should start her own religion.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
As a NON believer (as in I do not believe in god)

I would imagine that god is actually the religion.

People have missed the point to religion as the years have gone by and its now become a business, a propaganda machine, a statement, a purpose, a mission, and above all a reason to hate and a power trip.
I would imagine that religion is just a word given and made up by the people for the people and that god is in fact the one and only religion worldwide.

But humans being so weak and self destructive cant see this and will never see this.

god may not be a person or a thing but an belief system, an essence and a security blanket. god is the religion.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Gorman, i know that you know that you are talking nonsense. You don't have a clue. You just spurt out anything that might sound like something scientific to support your argument.

Anyone with intelligence, a little bit of common sense, and enthusiasm for truth can see that your talking rubbish.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

It is nice you think this but I have supplied my proof and source. You have yet to discredit this source. So again I ask you, why are you even discussion this if you have no ability to disprove it?

Nothing I said is nonsense, and I am sorry if you don't have the ability to understand it. You seemingly did not even watch the video I posted, so how could I expect you to reply with any sort of rebuttal?

Thus far this entire discussion has been me saying something based on a fact, and you just saying no, it's wrong, go away, as if your words can disprove everything but your mere utterance of them. That's pretty much a summary.

So unless you are going to stop acting like a 4 year old, I am asking you again. Give me your own views of what the video I posted means. How would such a perfectly timed sequence of events come about naturally?

This is really not that hard. You can simply say you have no source and walk away, or you can post scientific counters and we can have a scientific discussion.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I'm reading the book 13-Cubed - Case Studies in Mind-Control & Programming by Stewart Swerdlow right now. At the end of the book are a series of articles by his wife Janet. The articles are offered to help victims of mind-control, which we all are to some extent, heal ourselves.

I thought about this thread when I read the following passage. Stewart and Janet refer to God as "God-Mind," to differentiate between the traditional man with a beard - from the source of all that is. Also, I just noticed that Janet capitalizes "Itself" when referring to the God-Mind. I like that - it makes sense to me.

Here's the passage I like:

Every species of plant, animal, mineral, and physical being that exists is a compartmentalization / subpersonality of God-Mind. A part of God-Mind becomes the species to understand and know Itself through experiential exploration. Every individual within the species is a cell within God-Mind, each one unique with at least one differentiating characteristic from all others. . . .

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

God/Gods or Creator/Creators (depending on one's belief) may not have a religion (technically) but God/Gods or Creator/Creators may have a belief and way of living based on knowledge and level of awareness/consciousness.

Best Wishes!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ET_MAN
. . . God/Gods or Creator/Creators may have a belief and way of living based on knowledge and level of awareness/consciousness.

Yes! I think so.

But it appears to me that non-human species (reptilians, for example) don't have the same way of living as I do - thus presenting me (us) with a challenge.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I hope this hasent been put up allready,

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

That really just sounds like new age pseudo science on top of real science. It's like saying, "oh everything works", so it's God. Now I've advocated the universe is a well ordered machine, but within that machine, the universe is chaos. There is no order. We are but sand in the waves. Waves have order, the sand does not.

To day there is a god-mind in the universe that is visible or something is simply wrong. There is no proof of some interconnection or anything, except space time. But space time does not think. It's like goo. Goo does not think. it just goos.

Sorry, but I think you're book is taking real science and trying to extract something that is not there.

The fact is there is no proof of God that can be observed. You take in on faith or you make up lies to say there is proof. The proof I mentioned is not proof of God. It is proof of a creator of some kind, which I take as God on faith. But it's just as likely that a single celled organism fell into a time loop to the big bang and caused the big band, and does so over and over again. But this cell, now outside of time, instantly becomes anything it could have become in trillions of years in one instant. Because it is now outside of time, and not bound by time. So it can gain consciousness because one possibility of events is the development of consciousness.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
I'm reading the book 13-Cubed - Case Studies in Mind-Control & Programming by Stewart Swerdlow right now. At the end of the book are a series of articles by his wife Janet. The articles are offered to help victims of mind-control, which we all are to some extent, heal ourselves.

I thought about this thread when I read the following passage. Stewart and Janet refer to God as "God-Mind," to differentiate between the traditional man with a beard - from the source of all that is. Also, I just noticed that Janet capitalizes "Itself" when referring to the God-Mind. I like that - it makes sense to me.

Here's the passage I like:

Every species of plant, animal, mineral, and physical being that exists is a compartmentalization / subpersonality of God-Mind. A part of God-Mind becomes the species to understand and know Itself through experiential exploration. Every individual within the species is a cell within God-Mind, each one unique with at least one differentiating characteristic from all others. . . .

Tell me what plant has such awareness? What animal know and understand it's experiential exploration? How do you know that? What evidences that suggest it?
No one know how God's mind is. What's your source babbling about?

[edit on 8-8-2010 by EasternShadow]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

I watched until half way through the first video. I can't watch anymore; I don't have the patience.

I don't believe a discussion about God/God-Mind can center around science and evidence.

There is more to life than science. Science is proven in laboratories and with experiments. God/God-Mind is too all encompassing for that.

I think we need to simply share our common sense about this topic and not try to prove anything.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join