It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Doesn't Have a Religion

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Yeah. I'm a liar, i'm just trying to fool everyone. Denying everyone the obvious abundance of evidence.

I'm definetly out of luck.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Yeah. I'm a liar, i'm just trying to fool everyone. Denying everyone the obvious abundance of evidence.

Just remember those are your words not mine.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

*Sigh*

Peace out.

EDIT: One last point regarding your signature:-

Which basically says there is more evidence that God does exist than he/she/it doesn't. Some religious folk say that Atheism is a faith or is equal to Religion. This is not the case.

"This claim relies upon the erroneous assumption that all propositions are created equal and, because some cannot be conclusively proven, then therefore none can be conclusively disproven. So, it is argued, the proposition “God exists” cannot be disproven.

But not all propositions are created equal. It is true that some cannot be disproven — for example, the claim “a black swan exists” cannot be disproven. To do so would require examining every spot in the universe to make sure that such a swan did not exist, and that simply isn’t possible. "

In short, religious people claim to know the existence of Invisible Unicorn, they also happen to know that it's colour is Pink, see the stupidity?

God is an unprovable theory, a belief without evidence (unless you call the bible evidence) It therefore cannot be proved wrong but that does not make it true.

[edit on 7/8/10 by awake_and_aware]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
There is no evidence to suggest Jesus died for OUR sins, whatever he thinks sins are. No man can absolve anyone of their own responsibility.

Now that I am released from the fear that I used to have because of religion, I have been able to think objectively about the Christ figure and the concept of him being sacrificed on the cross for our sins and all we have to do is believe in him and we're "saved."

What a pile of nonsense!!

I think the acceptance of the idea of God killing his son to save us is absolutely abhorrent. What a disgusting scenario!! Looking back on it, I'm amazed that I ever went along with the story. I did not have the self-confidence to question what was being handed down to me.

I think that's what happened when I heard Stewart Swerdlow say, "God doesn't have a religion." I recognized for the first time the inner voice I had within myself which was trying to tell me what he put into words for me and helped me think the thought I was trying to think.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Religion is about Faith. And Faith is once mysterious factor that could drive you. Faith keep you survive against all odds. There are many stories about it. Faith allow you to see things positively. Knowing your baby is dead of SIDS but live happily in Heaven is faith. It will relieve your grief. I can't prove what has never been proven. It's all part of experiences by others. You have the choice to believe of not. Applying faith does not mean you have to be blind. Doing something against morality and the teaching of religion is blind. No matter how religion is organised, the most important matter is your faith and you alone.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
What about people who have met God? Do they not have proof enough for themselves that God is real? Are they believing things without evidence?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
God also does not have gender. God is an "it."
[edit on 8/5/2010 by Mary Rose]

God is an IT. OUCH

God is a man but he is in spirit form and you can't see him. I will not tell you what he looks like because I do not want anyone to draw pictures of him. But the way your going in your life you probably will never get to heaven.

If it takes a man to teach you that God doesn't have a religion, then you know nothing. For the spirit teaches his people.

Hear me fool go ahead and judge me also and get it over with. Little do you know who walks among you. Where in scripture does it tell you that we left YOUR WORLD and left you all alone? It tells you the opposite does it not?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
What about people who have met God? Do they not have proof enough for themselves that God is real? Are they believing things without evidence?

Unfortunately, this is never been considered seriously by non-believer because they need to see God themselves for proof. But we can't blame them. Their long study and their own belief system have made them what they are now. Whether they are making the right choice or not it is not up to us to judge. I do wish they will find their proof at last during their lifetime and not later. Because they can't be saved in afterlife.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Katie
Hear me fool . . .

Excuse me?

Let's not resort to name calling.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by EasternShadow

Originally posted by 547000

Unfortunately, this is never been considered seriously by non-believer because they need to see God themselves for proof. But we can't blame them. Their long study and their own belief system have made them what they are now. Whether they are making the right choice or not it is not up to us to judge. I do wish they will find their proof at last during their lifetime and not later. Because they can't be saved in afterlife.

Don't worry. I try not to judge as much as possible, since only God should judge.

I used to not believe too, till one day I asked God if he was real to give me some scrap of evidence to hold onto. I sought proof or disproof with all my heart, and experienced pure light and love. I saw nothing, but the feeling I got was divine. It felt like pure white light washing me clean, and in those moments I loved everyone. God is love and in him is no darkness.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

They can get away with their rudeness and claim to be more civil in the name of their God.

I'm glad you saw the light, and removed yourself from this totalitarian, absolutist movement of hatred and lies.

If they had it their way, we would still be opressing gays and women's rights, if it wern't for the secularists, the people with reason and rationale.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

So a bunch of professionals are wrong?

Listen. This is a discussion. If you can't counter something, you admit defeat and leave. You can't claim you are right on your words alone.

But hey, I'm sure you're used to being right about everything without explaining why. Be my guest.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

You say that God is like a machine! How? How does math prove that God is a machine?

What rules does this machine work by?

Would the infinite have rules? Who is able to apply rules to the infinite dimension?

The only matter that are ruled by specific laws are Finite. A finite is not infinite. Finite will become infinite.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Nope. The universe is a machine. Not God. It's a timed device. It expands and then matter decays into light, and that light decays, eventually energy is so stretched out and calmed that it becomes space-time itself. Then the dark matter decays, expansion ceases, and the snaps back on itself to start a new.

God in this equation, if there is one, would be the one whp built the machine.

But like I said, that's not exactly true, considering the universe has no beginning and no end, it just grows and shrinks over and over again. It always is.

Like I showed in a video a ways back, the forces of the universe separated at timed intervals. For example, gravity waited until enough space had been created to activate. Otherwise the universe would just collapse into itself again.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Again, more dribble, i don't claim to know anything more than what science and knowledge currently understands, i'm not arrogant.

You can assume that the universe is a "machine", how did you construct this theory? Who or what created the machine? You are just calling the universe the machine as far as i see it.

It's not clever and it's not scientific. It's simply a metaphor. Like me calling an "ant" a machine.

This discussion is about the word God, and whether people thinks God has a religion. Why would he, religion is a man made concept is my point. What's yours?

You seem to use god as a metaphor for the effects and obersvations of the universe, that's fair enough, Einstein used to do that. But just don't claim to know more than science currently does, because you'll be defeated and humiliated.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

No dribble.

I asked you before and I will ask you again. How would a universe outright have a timed sequence of events to follow in order to never die and never have been born without evolution? The universe does not change its rules. They are there and always are an always were. The universe has no beginning and no end. This is current scientific fact. It goes through cycles of expansion and contrasting. How does gravity know when to separate from the forces after a big bang event? Why does it turn off to allow for expansion?

It's like asking why the light on a computer flashes. That's the way it is.

I am speaking based on current knowledge of the universe. No BS. The simple fact is you are not answering my question. You are just dismissing it and walking away without even reading it it seems.

That's not exactly good for your case.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Interesting. Your experience is very similar to Jesus of Nazareth when he was baptized. I'm not surprised as I've read before some other encounters. The pure light was recorded by all the 3 Abrahamic books. Mosses, Jesus and Muhammad knew about it. But people do not believe now simply because the nature of Bible's Authorship, the torah lack of preservable documented texts except for the 10 Commandments stone tablets and 90% of westerners don't study Quran, the only holy books of Abrahamic Religion that doesn't mix God's word with third party eye witness accounts ( which become the source of Bible's controversy now ) . I'm not sure about ancient Hindu texts regarding the pure lights. Sanskrits text is hard to read. Lol.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by EasternShadow]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
I didn't figure this out myself. I heard Stewart Swerdlow say it a few years ago. When I heard it, a light bulb went off in my head. I thought to myself, "That's it! That makes sense."

God also does not have gender. God is an "it."

Coming to these conclusions has liberated me quite a bit. Life loses much of its complexity after eliminating the confusion and division and hierarchy created by organized religion.

Stripped of organized religion, people are left with their own consciousness and the freedom to connect to God - which I think of as the universal life force connecting all that is.

Organized religion is part of the problem we face on earth - not the solution. I think that many of the endless arguments people have where they're just spinning their wheels and getting absolutely nowhere in solving problems - is caused by people defending their religion.

We don't need organized, man-made religion. We need to connect to each other after first connecting to that universal life force, which is God.

[edit on 8/5/2010 by Mary Rose]

amen

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

No dribble.

The universe does not change its rules. They are there and always are an always were. The universe has no beginning and no end.

So you're happy to refuse the Big Bang and red shift theory and claim your theory as scientific fact without proper study?

You oppose the evolution and initial sources of the universe even though the scientific community currently accept the big bang theory and cosmic evolution? And can scientifically confirm that all the rules were there all along.

This doesn't bode well for your case so stop with the hypocrisy.

Just because you've played a few games like Mass Effect or read a few science fiction novels doesn't mean that you have any more knowledge that anyone else.

And this still doesn't prove your "God" claim, or whether God has a religion that was created by man.

Back to the subject in hand, God does NOT have a religion.

God did not make man in his image, Man made God in his image, you can tell by the insane out-of-date rantings in the bible and other corrupt scriptures claiming to reveal truth and wisdom.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

no, you are again twisting what I said.

Both theories are correct. Cosmic evolution, however, is bound to laws. These laws do not evolve. They stay the course in their appropriate timer sequences of the machine. The cosmic evolution inevitably leads to a cold dead universe. This then follows with he decay of dark energy, the force expanding the universe. Once it decays, the machine contrasts and starts over. "Cosmic evolution" is an inappropriate term because evolution has no pathways. It is controlled by natural selection. There is no natural selection in the universe. Everything dies. It's cosmic programming.

And like I said, God plays into the fact that this machine does not evolve. It follows a looped sequence that has no beginning and no end. Someone had to program it.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join