It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Doesn't Have a Religion

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
When we talk about god and religion, we can't help but to talk about creation, spiritual, belief system and afterlife because they're related closely. This subjects involve the creation and life from a simple microbial to complex genetic being such as human to much bigger scope, the universe.

To OP, do you have knowledge and understanding to cover all this?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
reply to post by EasternShadow

What I object to is all man-made, organized, institutionalized religions.

Writings are something else. People can read them and benefit from them.

You do aware that most countries now adopt secularisme? The separation of religion and institutionalized government. Religion play little role to our society. It's the belief system that we continue to hold. What does it matter if it organized or not? For what I concern, I believe in god as individual. The church, The temple, The mosque? I could pray even if they don't exist. And I don't need priest/cleric/pope to tell me what nonsense things they want to preach.

The kingdom of God is inside me.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

What I have is fascination and a desire to learn. I would not say that I have knowledge - just interest.

I mainly like learning about advanced technology and alternative history.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tykonos

reply to post by prophecywatcher

I also don't believe in heaven and hell.

When I was a child, I used to worry about people going to hell.
I'm not sure about reincarnation. I guess it's true.

This is one of the BIG questions religious people never answer.

If there is a Hell, how can there be a heaven? Surely, if you made it to heaven, whilst knowing people you love or even complete strangers are spending an eternity in torment with the dark one, that wouldn't make it heaven.

I ike to think that if there is such a thing as hell, it would be hell for that individual person, making them go through, see and feel all the consequences of their actions to people they had hurt around them. Then, when they are truley remorseful, they are allowed into heaven, or reincarnated.

Heaven and Hell exist from the Abrahamic religions. Heaven and Hell do not exist for Buddhist, Confucian and Taoist. Reincarnation exist for Buddhist only. Nirvana and Karma exist for Buddhist and Hindus. You do now understand why no religious people can answer that BIG question?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
To understand God do this:

God created the physical world with his sovereign will.
He has certain rules in the physical reality that are non negotiable.

He also created the invisible spiritual world with his sovereign will.
He also has certain rules in the spiritual reality that are non negotiable.

So there are rules (a unchanging "religion") to follow in the physical reality.
I sat there are rules (a religion) to follow in the spiritual reality.

Does God have a religion?
YES

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by EasternShadow
You do aware that most countries now adopt secularisme? The separation of religion and institutionalized government. Religion play little role to our society.

I disagree.

Religion plays a huge role in our society - through the psyche of the individual. Organized religion is a control mechanism used by the powers that be.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
What is Heaven? What is Hell?

The 3 Abrahamic religion did mention them. I would not try to detail them as they might be different description for Jews, Christian and Moslem. However, I could tell you this:

Heaven is paradise. You get anything you ever wanted by simply wishing it. It's a place where you do not age and reproduce. It's a place where money mean nothing. ( Jesus the carpenter tried to teach us about the value of benevolent. You should have at least understand such value already ). It a place for eternity. Everyone of us should be going here. ( This is debateable. The 3 Abrahamic religion does not agree to each other of who should be going there. )

Hell is temporary prison. A place of suffering and torment. Quran has full detail on this but it may different from the point of view by both by Torah and Bible. However, this is where you redeem yourself for every single sin you have done while you live.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by EasternShadow
You do aware that most countries now adopt secularisme? The separation of religion and institutionalized government. Religion play little role to our society.

I disagree.

Religion plays a huge role in our society - through the psyche of the individual. Organized religion is a control mechanism used by the powers that be.

Care to explain that in details because i'm lost. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Through the hierarchy of religious institutions, people who consider themselves elite have a means of manipulating, and, extracting money from, the masses.

The mindset that is created by religious institutions is that the individual needs something outside him/herself to direct behavior.

The opposite is true. We need to direct ourselves - be autonomous. That's what it is to be alive and aware.

God comes into the picture when we connect to it. We have free will to do this or not do this.

I think we connect to God by listening to our inner voice.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

True. We humans are trapped within a system, We are trapped in the sense that we have made our selves addicted to it. We dont know how to free our selves form the system we have built around us.

To day we view religion as the only way out of this trap, this system. We are waiting for Jesus to come and end it for us. The faith we have in Jesus have made us lazy. Because it is a lot safer and easier to put faith in a dead man to do the work, than it is to do it our selves.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

You literally have no idea what you are talking about, no idea about sciece.

Carry on babbling your nonsense to people in here though, i'm sure they'll listen if they're under 18 and uneducated.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

Finally someone who talks sense, S 4 u. At least you admit to not knowing - people like Gorman talk about God as if they know.

People like that are just as naive as the rest of us.

God was a word made by humans with little understanding of the world, no theologian, mathematician, physisist, philosopher has ever demonstrated the existence of any God.

Does that mean that we should guess there is?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
God was a word made by humans with little understanding of the world, no theologian, mathematician, physisist, philosopher has ever demonstrated the existence of any God.

Does that mean that we should guess there is?

I think it's lots of fun exploring the possibilities and sharing our thoughts with others, as long as we maintain our humility in the process - so we can have a productive discussion.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

No, I'm sorry.

There is no evidence that the universe was created by "someone" as you say. Maybe it has always been and always will be, I'm certainly not going to assume.

We are pattern seeking animals so we assume that creation is the result of a creator, well who created that creator, and who created the creator that created the creator... See how silly it is. (infinite regression)

The universe could be infinite, or could be a universe in a cosmoligcal cell like structure full of other universes that formed trillions of years ago by shear chance.

I'm going to explore the possibilities but not assume there is a creator, I'm definetly not going to assume that there is a creator WITH rules and desires of my life or anyone else's.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

God also does not have gender. God is an "it."

So the Bible is a pack of lies, with a hero who is just a liar?

We don't need organized, man-made religion. We need to connect to each other after first connecting to that universal life force, which is God.

Maybe we don't need organised religion. I don't know enough to make that claim. How do you make the leap to the Bible and Christ are no longer valid.
"Oh we don't need organised religion", so out goes the baby with the bathwater? Get a grip, The Bible and Christ didn't happen because of organised religion. Organised religion happened because of the Bible and Christ.

Where do you see design that has no designer?

[edit on 7-8-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
There is no evidence that the universe was created by "someone" as you say. Maybe it has always been and always will be, I'm certainly not going to assume.

I'm thinking that at least God has always been here. Maybe our particular universe has not always been here. And apparently there are other universes besides ours. And they're teeming with life.

I think it's fun to pause and behold - God always having been here and always will be here.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

My impression is that the Bible is based on earlier writings, and the crucification story is also based on earlier crucification stories.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

There is no evidence for Christ.

There is no evidence for his suspension of physics (miracles)

There is no evidence that he was the son of "God"

There is no evidence that God exists.

There is no evidence to suggest Jesus died for OUR sins, whatever he thinks sins are. No man can absolve anyone of their own responsibility.

Whether SOME of his philosophy and teaching of love is "RIGHT", is another matter, I believe that you can take something from Aladin, you can take something from any story.

@ Mary Rose: I believe you are corret, many religions follow the same pre-requisites for a holy messenger, born of a virgin and have done since Ancient Egypt, and before (Sumeria)

See: www.youtube.com...

[edit on 7/8/10 by awake_and_aware]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

There is no evidence for Christ.

There is no evidence for his suspension of physics (miracles)

There is no evidence that he was the son of "God"

There is no evidence that God exists.

Evidently there is no evidence for you.

There is plenty of evidence for me.

Sorry about your luck.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

I completely understand and agree. You should separate yourself from man-made institutional religion's influence but to abandon religion is not how it should be dealt with. Religion is guideline. From religion you learn who and what God is. From religion, you know the value teaching of life. Of Morality. Compassion, love, benevolent, forgiving, mercy etc.. From religion you get to study the wonders of ancient history. The miracle. Of things that can't be explained but possible to be experienced. There are many time in our life where we desperately need to turn to someone or something or some force... or God for help. Without religion you do not know how. Without religion you do not read and see the importance of the Bible or the Torah or The Quran or Confucian's book and others ancient texts. You will never know the miracle and wonder contain on such books.

As I said you don't have to be in Mosque, Temple or Church to be with God. You don't have to hear the preaching of priest/cleric/pope/shaman.

You have been gifted by god, mind to think. Use it for your own good. Don't let others to chain your mindset with their nonsense interpretation of what religion should be or what should not be. You decide on your own.

The Kingdom of God is within self. The Religion is Your Guide.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by EasternShadow]

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join