It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Doesn't Have a Religion

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
When you really don't know, have no evidence, why make up a word, why bother suggest it? Secondally, why would anyone (religion) claim to know this God's mind, if you can't prove it exists in the first place.

Because evolution explain only physical origin. No one ever come to observable theory of spiritual origin. Life. Soul. Energy or whatever term you use to define that make your heart continuosly beating. That's why.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I don't think God likes religion too much, In the beginning there wasn't a need for religion, or rules. Every creature knew that there was a god, or some higher being, and accepted it. That was before some nut job came up with ideas like the egg came first, And some explosion created a pair of monkeys who evolved into the human race.

Back then life was simple, Noah talked to God, Adam and Eve talked to God. Moses, Abraham, Daniel, David, Saul, Samuel, and on and on, They all knew God. But now, hardly anyone talks to God, The churches have purposefully left God standing outside, and God is not even invited. There is proof in that by the abandoned 10 commandments, Especially the 4th commandment.

Is it too much to ask for the creator of the universe to have a day of HIS choosing to celebrate with us? So while God is celebrating HIS day of accomplishment of creating the whole universe, the churches are closed and people are off doing something else. Then they wonder when they come to celebrate their day of accomplishing nothing, why didn't God come to help us celebrate?

In vain they worship HIM, ignoring the rules, and expecting everything for free!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

Originally posted by Mary Rose
reply to post by spy66

How do the Hindu and Buddhist religions fit in?

To be honest. I haven't read their books yet, so i dont know. I am still working on the Bible.

But i am quite certain that Lord God is not the God we all would like him to be. Lord God fits the profile of the fallen angel cast out from heaven.

Lord God is the one who is interfering with Man in the Bible, and is telling them what to do. In other words creating the religion which man must fallow.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

Uhh...so you're claiming God is Lucifer, in this case? What are you, part of an Illuminati bloodline or something?

I'm pretty sure the concept of God would more likely match the "creator of all things", in whatever manner it was created. If God was a fallen angel from heaven, it would mean that he/it came from somewhere, therefore, isn't "the root of all things", and therefore, cannot be God. A fallen angel from heaven would be less powerful than whomever cast that angel down.

My idea of God is the infinite energy force behind all matter which we cannot see. The "Anti-God" is what's behind the mortal, corrupt leaders of our world right now, hidden in Hollywood movies and the "man behind the scenes", manipulating us to follow what they tell us is "the right path", which involves a lot of senseless killing and abolishing all religions, and thus, all free will.

But, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I cannot say that your belief is flawed, because everyone has their own idea of God, but your opinions about God are like this simple metaphor:

There exists a ladder, with a certain amount of rungs on it. The highest rung on the ladder is the very top of the ladder, and you cannot go any higher. You claim the rung below the most high to be God, and I claim that the highest rung on the ladder is God. I implore you to think of what would be more logical when it comes to a belief in God. That's like saying the Vice President is more powerful than the President? Who's the one that can sign bills into law? The President. Who's the one who rages about custard and only stands next to the President for photo-ops, and can only give suggestions? The Vice President.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
ALL Religeon Is *crap. They are all based on control thats all.

If there was a God

how could he/she/it sit there and let some innocent child die from some screwed up disease like cancer and others too?
He/she/it wouldnt be much of a God to me, more like a coward for not doing something
If you were God why would you need worship ,why wouldnt you just let good people into heaven a true God wouldnt Need worship for anything
Why would you let kids be born retarded or all screwed up

I believe there is or are more powerful beings in the universe and there might even be a God somewhere (nothing happens from nothing)
but I believe the human race has no frikin idea of who he/she/it is
comments please

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by lizzyhock

God have intervene before. Through his prophets. Through Mosses, Abraham, David, Solomon, etc.. God has enough intervene. His messages have been completed. His messengers have taught what is necessary. Now it's for us to use God greatest gift. Our mind. To think, judge, decide and choose by ourselves. That does not mean God abandon us. He watch us. He reward us with heaven and punish those with hell.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by StumpDrummer
ALL Religeon Is *crap. They are all based on control thats all.

If there was a God

how could he/she/it sit there and let some innocent child die from some screwed up disease like cancer and others too?
He/she/it wouldnt be much of a God to me, more like a coward for not doing something
If you were God why would you need worship ,why wouldnt you just let good people into heaven a true God wouldnt Need worship for anything
Why would you let kids be born retarded or all screwed up

I believe there is or are more powerful beings in the universe and there might even be a God somewhere (nothing happens from nothing)
but I believe the human race has no frikin idea of who he/she/it is
comments please

Cause and Effect govern the rules. There is no miracle anymore. The innocent child die of disease because you smoke nearby. The cause is smoke. The effect is cancer. That's how it's work and stays. God does not need to be worshiped. God does want you to follow his messengers examples by loving and caring others. The worship thing simply remind you yourself about god. How you worship doesn't matter. It's your choices. When in difficult times and you said to your heart about God, you already worship him.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tylerdurden89

Yes i am claiming Lord God is Lucifer. Lucifer would be more than capable of doing the wonders which he did for Moses. He even claims to be God of earth in exodus.

If you didn't know. Lord God "Yahweh" is also used within Freemason symbolism as well. I guess Lord God is important to them as well. But i have nothing to do with the occult.

When it comes to my idea of God. You totally missed out again. Because how can you know what i know?

God is just a name. Its a name that some human gave the source to our existence. Nothing more and nothing less.

If you understand how Thee God created everything, you would know Lord God is not thee God. Because, its how God created everything, that tells us that God did not intervene with his creation. In the manner that Lord God does.
That is also why you can say with ease, that it is not Lucifer that is causing all the evil to day. We are. And its totally true.
But Lucifer has already done his job,, A long time ago. Lucifer has his Champions where he wants them. That is why he worked so hard in the beginning. That is what the beginning of the Bible is all about. And its why We are the once who do all the evil to day, for the Champions of Lord God.

The worst of all, We do it in Lord Gods name. Doesn'T it ring a bell?

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by russ212

Well considering that the most evil people in history were all religous says what...
Except for Stalin, he was off the rails.

And I suppose Catholic Priests are doing Gods work by molesting kiddies.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
if jesus were alive today he would most likely be stopped for a random search at the airport. what does that tell you about jesus? that he has priors, possibly even drug charges. jesus, perhaps a multiple felon, but certainly not dangerous.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

So you do not believe the bible?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

You cannot just throw those elements out. There are places that exist outside time, thus a God would not need to be created. There would be no time. So he literally would exist now and forever. Without time, there is no creation of God. It just is.

Current mathematics DO point to a "universe creation machine" of sorts. effectively a series of universe that expand and contrast on themselves, allowing their creation and destruction repeatedly. it no longer becomes "it's unknown, so it's God". It becomes "It's a machine. Who built it?" Because evolution does not happen in universes.

It is not a natural event. It is a machine. A machine with a timer, a program to follow, and a purpose. It could not "evolve" because it does not change. it could not "naturally" come about because there is nothing it developed from naturally. It is a machine that makes universes, lets them age, then restarts them at the appropriate timer sequence.

You should watch the whole series.

4:40 is what I'm talking about.

At the end of the day, it's a machine.

The universe expands, energy depletes, matter decays into photons, and those photons decay into space time, and the dark matter stretching it decays, and it snaps back and restarts the system.

That's a timed sequence of events for self-restoration.

How does it prove God? This system implies no creation and no end. it creates and destroys itself. It implies a system of destruction and restoration. Order. Law. A machine.

It is not biology where something evolves. It's matter that is always the way it is. There is no evolution here. There is constant. No development, no evolution. An infinite loop error with no beginning and no end. No creation, and no destruction. Just a circle.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

There is of course the old addich, if God Created the Universe, who or what
created God. If God Always existed then why could not the Universe always
have existed. And if some process created God why could the same process
not create the Universe instead. And so, why create a God that then Creates
a Universe, why not just create a Universe.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

I have been preaching that for a long time. People just don't care. They want to sin all they want and then go to church and pray to a statue for forgiveness and then rinse and repeat process.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EasternShadow
reply to post by lizzyhock

God have intervene before. Through his prophets. Through Mosses, Abraham, David, Solomon, etc.. God has enough intervene. His messages have been completed. His messengers have taught what is necessary. Now it's for us to use God greatest gift. Our mind. To think, judge, decide and choose by ourselves. That does not mean God abandon us. He watch us. He reward us with heaven and punish those with hell.

But this is faith, nothing more, nothing less. You place faith that it God who gave these men their ideas (messages). Mankind had alot of history of 'god' and 'gods' and people seem to pick and choose which story they will place their faith in. It is not something you know, you do not KNOW that GOD worked through those men, but you place faith in that its truth.

I learned in Psych class that when people are doing something for 'rewards' that their best intention is not true intent.

In my path of seeking, it seems rewards are not a part of 'gods way'. If we are always looking for the reward...we dont understand why to really 'do right'. Same with the 'punishment' idea. If we are NOT doing things out of fear for punishment, our decision to NOT DO IT, is not really true intent.

So I just caution in my life, to now try to do things with true intent, without seeking reward or worrying about punishment.

Just discussing...not saying any of it is right or wrong...just different perspective.

I guess I just lost trust in man, that man was telling me the truth. I dont think God will hold it against me, that I chose to not place my trust and faith, in the honesty or lies of mankind.

My best to you
LV

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic_al

Because if you actually read what I wrote, they both have always been. No beginning, no end. God probably popped in after the Toba catastrophe and that's when Genesis happened, if you want to get technical.

Creation is just the loop. And to be honest, the end of the bible flat out says it. Everything dies. Even heaven. Then it comes back anew. That's kind of what science is saying.

There is no beginning. There is no end. Just a loop.
There is no need to create either, because they both have always been.

God was not created. Nothing created him. The universe was not created, nothing created it. They always were and always will be.

Now what do I actually believe? This makes sense for God. It does not make sense for a physical universe. What with God existing outside physical space, there would not need to be a creation for him.

The machine that is the universe did not pop out of no where. It's self regulating destruction, recreation was built. Who knows how long its been going on for. But we are dealing with matters outside of time itself. If you move your hand in a plane where there is no time, it never moves. it is always where you place it.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Mossboss16

I haven't read the whole Bible.

I've read enough of it and I've been exposed to enough writings and other media from independent researchers to agree that it is not the word of God.

Although I do love certain passages contained in the Bible.

The Bible is not the problem I see, though. It's the organized religions. The institutions that divide us. I think they can be compared to politics in the U.S. - the left - right paradigm that keeps us squabbling with each other while the controllers usher us in to their New World Order.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   

reply to post by Mossboss16

I haven't read the whole Bible.

I've read enough of it and I've been exposed to enough writings and other media from independent researchers to agree that it is not the word of God.

Although I do love certain passages contained in the Bible.

The Bible is not the problem I see, though. It's the organized religions. The institutions that divide us. I think they can be compared to politics in the U.S. - the left - right paradigm that keeps us squabbling with each other while the controllers usher us in to their New World Order.

Bible is not the only holy books. The 3 Abrahamic religions are not the only religion. There are religions base on philosophy such Confucianism. There are other belief system such as Buddha, Hindus etc...

Your theory on religion and god based solely on Bible and christianity and hearsay from unknown researcher is incomplete and flaw.

Thank you.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by EasternShadow]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
In truth nobody really knows what God is. Everyone is playing the guessing game. God is this, God is that, God exists, God doesn't exist. Nobody knows the truth. I also very much doubt you'll ever be able to prove it either way.

Does God have a religion? Well God's religion is probably the accumulation of knowledge to better understand itself and it's own sense of reality.

My own opinion is that reality is nothing but a simulation running on a computer and even then there's no way of proving it. God (creator) is also probably a simulation and also has no way of knowing whether it's real or not.

Is the Universe a Vast Computer Simulation?
www.simulation-argument.com...

guidetoreality.blogspot.com...

rfmcdpei.livejournal.com...

www.orionsarm.com...

www.sanatansociety.org...

www.hinduwebsite.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   

reply to post by prophecywatcher

I also don't believe in heaven and hell.

When I was a child, I used to worry about people going to hell.
I'm not sure about reincarnation. I guess it's true.

This is one of the BIG questions religious people never answer.

If there is a Hell, how can there be a heaven? Surely, if you made it to heaven, whilst knowing people you love or even complete strangers are spending an eternity in torment with the dark one, that wouldn't make it heaven.

I ike to think that if there is such a thing as hell, it would be hell for that individual person, making them go through, see and feel all the consequences of their actions to people they had hurt around them. Then, when they are truley remorseful, they are allowed into heaven, or reincarnated.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by EasternShadow

What I object to is all man-made, organized, institutionalized religions.

Writings are something else. People can read them and benefit from them.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join