It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukrainian rural residents kill mysterious animal unknown to vets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Residents of the Ukrainian Chernigov region have killed an offspring of an animal unknown to vets but rumored as chupacabra.

Village women from Chemer spotted a couple of strange beings on the streets near their plots, and a man killed one of the animals with a pitchfork, the UNIAN news agency said on Thursday citing local media.

Ukrainian media described the dead animal as resembling a hairless fox. The creature had a long tail and sharp canine teeth. However it moved like a kangaroo jumping on its hind feet, local residents said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Source

Looks like the chupacabra is on the move...

DId a search and doesn't seem to be on ATS yet...

P.S. No Stars or Flags please, I'm only bringing a news item to ATS members attention, not presenting any theory. (my personal thoughts on the idea of S&F -no theory/postulation-, no reward)

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

cant realy comment, no pics or video
could be anything
could just be a deformed dog?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

Im gonna have to agree with those sentiments.

Without some sort of visual aid, it'll be hard to make any comments on the topic.

I will however say that skinless dogs can sometimes be mistaken for something "otherworldly". So if that is the case, then congrats on killing Old Yeller with a pitchfork

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by CheapShotArtist

You think it's good to kill innocent creatures simply because they are unknown or weird looking?

I don't.

The autopsy apparently reported that this unfortunate creature lived off mulberries, despite being reported as having canine looking teeth.

Those darn weird looking creature, coming in and terrorizing those poor defenseless mulberry bushes. Stab them in the face with a pitchfork..that'll 'learn 'em' eh?

Sheesh. And people often ask, if ETs are real, why don't they just openly show themselves? I'd say the latter part of your post is a typical reason why they don't!

Ain't human compassion a wonderful thing!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
This is not one reported animal but several. Only one has been killed though and handed over for examination.

The residents have complained on many occasions about, believe it or not - chupacabras. Yeah, they said chupacabras have been killing their chickens and rabbits lately, a lot. Luckily Ukrainians are fairly good people and haven't decided to systematically poison all of local wildlife in revenge, especially since their country is one of the last safe heavens of large grey wolf.

Either way I will follow this closely, this looks very interesting. I didn't even know we have Ukrainian "chupacabras".

I love the RIA description:

The chupacabras are described as animals whose appearance combines features of a kangaroo, a reptile, a coyote and an alien.

Thanks for posting this.

[edit on 5/8/2010 by SassyCat]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
This is not far from Chernobyl. Maybe it's a mutation caused by radiation?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
There is a bit more info on this situation at this site called "The Morningstarr"
www.themorningstarr.co.uk...

I have no prior experience with this website but it seems dedicated to weird stories.

Edit to add: Ok, here's a site with pictures. It looks like a fox to me but not sure about those hind legs. They do kinda look like the animal could use them to "hop".
en.for-ua.com...

[edit on 8/5/2010 by wayno]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by CheapShotArtist

You think it's good to kill innocent creatures simply because they are unknown or weird looking?

I don't.

The autopsy apparently reported that this unfortunate creature lived off mulberries, despite being reported as having canine looking teeth.

Those darn weird looking creature, coming in and terrorizing those poor defenseless mulberry bushes. Stab them in the face with a pitchfork..that'll 'learn 'em' eh?

Sheesh. And people often ask, if ETs are real, why don't they just openly show themselves? I'd say the latter part of your post is a typical reason why they don't!

Ain't human compassion a wonderful thing!
I agree 100 Percent, Very well said and very very true indeed.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
sorry about the repost guys... didn't see the other link

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

That's exactly what I was thinking. It's very close. Haven't there been other mutations reported in that area?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Good link, it has pics. Now my educated explanation

There is also a picture now on the OP link, but it shows nothing except that it clearly HAS fur. So, that said, it is obviously not born like that or mutated.

I don't have a masters degree in biology but I can clearly identify that animal as a fox. She is obviously sick and has a skin disease, it's probably ridden with ticks and fleas. As you can see from the second pic her teeth are in terrible condition so that explains the berries. Chewing and biting was probably causing her excruciating pains so the fox resorted to berries. Poor animal was taken out of her misery, she was approaching humans exactly because she was sick. Otherwise they could never kill her with a pitch fork.

As for the legs, I won't even talk about painful paw diseases. Her looks tells you everything, it would be no wonder if she walked in unusual manner.

I've seen animals in this condition before and even worse, they always show unusual behaviour. They change diet because they are unable to hunt, and are usually oblivious to dangers because of constant pain. Their hearing and vision are almost always impaired due to lowered immunity. Hotter days cause ticks to flourish and when there's too much on animal's body they destroy its immunity and it slowly dies in agonizing pain or if lucky gets killed by another predator.

That's from my experience, unfortunately nothing mysterious here
. Of course, we may see other pics but I think the whole "vets examining" thing is a hoax. Any vet would immediately knew what this is.

Oh and it is most likely not a dog due to long ears, but of course it still could be a dog which doesn't change much (its not a freaking chupacabra
). Its hard to tell exactly what specie it is but we can safely go with a fox.

Here are the pictures:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7798a6a8e929.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/55ef84a5a195.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/734091d46cd6.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 5/8/2010 by SassyCat]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
It is a fox. It is a coyote. Take your pick.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
it is a fox no dought seen many looks just like a red fox with mange.
ovesly a very sick fox and may have been Raddie as well .
after seeing that photo and anyone still thinks this is a new animal must live in the city lol

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

Thats a daft thing to say
here in the UK foxs now live more in the big cities than in the country
i live in Birmingham UK and see more foxs here than i ever did living in the countryside in the lake district.

But yes it seems to a mutated fox.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
double post!!!

[edit on 6-8-2010 by GezinhoKiko]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko
But yes it seems to a mutated fox.

What on earth make you say that it is mutated?

new topics

top topics

join