It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British X-Files reveal secret UFO study

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   

British X-Files reveal secret UFO study

www.msnbc.msn.com

Britain released hundreds of previously secret "UFO files" on Thursday, including a letter saying that Winston Churchill had ordered a 50-year cover-up of a wartime encounter between an unidentified flying object and military pilot.
The files, published by the National Archives, span decades and contain scores of witness accounts, sketches and classified briefing notes documenting mysterious sightings across Britain.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.associatedcontent.com
www.examiner.com
ufos.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Mexican Airforce to release UFO footage

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
There seems to be more and more governments releasing this kind of information. In 2007 the French govt released their UFO information. The Canadian govt has released information on UFOs. And I believe there are several others.

Are we nearing disclosure from our govt? Will there be a public statement discussing this issue?

Who knows?

Here is the link to the UK national archives

ufos.nationalarchives.gov.uk...

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Kinda interesting what they choose to be published after all these years.. but hey at least they are doin something to disclose
or do they?

Thanks for bringing this up S & F !

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Vicodin]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
No quotes from Nick 'The prick' Pope yet?

I've seen him being used across the world in various languages saying pretty much the same thing he always says.

'Most UFOs are misidentified but there are a few which aren't accounted for"

Give that guy a medal as a Foofey expert or something.

More of the same really, but worth posting so S&F for you

-m0r

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by iamcamouflage

good stuff. so far so good.

ufo sightings have been going up since the early nineties year on year, which gives me the impression we're building up to something.

2 years ago, the MOD said they would release all their UFO files over the next 4 years, which takes you up to 2012.

This morning on BBC news they were talking about the MOD files and a particular case where a millitary official, I can't remember what country he was from but he was official enough to have his finger on the nuclear button, but they were saying that he and other officials had a face to face meeting with aliens for 2 hours in 1954!! And that was on national TV!

Just what I needed to hear first thing in the morn! Better than the smell of napalm

I'll see if I can find the film on the bbc site later. But if anyone else's finds anything please let me know... I'd love to rub it in my dads face.lol

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by WHOS READY

In reference to the 2 hour meeting, I found this link.

Eisenhower's 1954 Meeting

[edit on 5-8-2010 by iamcamouflage]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by WHOS READY

And I found this video that also references that meeting.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
glad this thread already here , was going to post one about it , good files for free for a month for all ufo researchers :

ufos.nationalarchives.gov.uk...

[edit on 5-8-2010 by gambon]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

thank you. it'll add fuel to the fire...

i just thought having them talk about it on a main stream news channel would be better than "not that crap on bloody youtube"(my old man talkin).lol.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

The alleged meeting in the OP (as reported by an unidentified person relating a story told by his grandfather) occurred during WWII, not 1954. It is unrelated to the story in that article.

BTW, there are now at least 5 threads about this.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I didnt see a thread in the Breaking Alternative News category and I think its ok to have a duplicate thread here and in one other location.

top topics

join