It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Korea's naval drill upsets North

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

South Korea's naval drill upsets North

www.sbs.com.au

On Thursday Pyongyang described the drill a deliberate provocation and threatened "the most powerful" retaliation if the South triggers a conflict.

This is the largest anti-submarine exercise in our military history, involving the army, navy, air force and marines," a Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS) spokesman said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 8/5/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
What can i possible write here that hasn't already been said,Nothing.
Just read the link and make of it what you will
It's just more of the same North/South BS

Why dont they just get on with it ,the war that is .Its like each side allows the other to get all their weapons lined up,to make it fair.

www.sbs.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 8/5/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
It does seem like the pieces are being put into place for some sort of massive conflagration. It's a neck-n-neck race between the Koreans and the Middle East to see who sparks off first, unfortunately.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz

Why dont they just get on with it ,the war that is .Its like each side allows the other to get all their weapons lined up,to make it fair.

Why don't they just kiss and make up!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

Because we all know that is impossible. Individuals can do this (although it is rare) but nations do not, will not, ever.

We aren't as evolved as much as we all think we are. Let them fight, let them turn each others cities into ash..

How else are we ever going to learn?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

I was actually being sarcastic

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

Ahaha sorry man, why I didn't I pick up on that? You even had a tongue poke face.

My bad

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Why can't the US keep it self around its own borders? If you are sick of this BS then tell the US to F off and go back to their own country, leave the affairs of nations from other continents alone.

It is the US which is causing the drift in relations between the two sides.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Why can't I get another Arby's Beef n Chedda, it was delicious!

But I digress, I don't think I can handle anymore rhetoric from the North, it makes them look weaker everyday. It is pitiful.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

well seeing as how my brother has just been deployed over there, i hope that is the last thing they do. at the least, they should hold off for another year. resume their nonsensical fighting once his term is up. too bad the world doesnt revolve around my wishes

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by tweakedvisions

Maybe you should write a letter to the Dear leader and ask him to wait,but seriously you say your brother was deployed there ,i assume you mean to South Korea not the North and i also assume he is in the U.S military,if this is correct do you know if they are deploying are lot of personnel lately?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

That would be nice but i am not a U.S citizen and have no say as to what the U.S can and cant do,that is up to the American people but i think they have enough distractions at home to worry about another war,How convenient.Coincidence maybe?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
whats the range of their missiles?
it's clearly obvious that the us have military superiority but NK are to stupid and stuborn to accept this.
they ask russia and china for permission to use military force.
as soon as china stops backing them they are screwed.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

Dont underestimate a force like North Korea,millions of soldiers willing to die for their leader,Forget about missile range they have enough boots to carry them all the way if they have to.I think they are waiting for a distraction like Israels coming unchecked show of force ,before Kim and the four horsemen ride into town.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

i agree that they have the man power but that will only get them so far in a modern war.

the falklands. there guns fired 7 km ours fired 15 km, we parked our boats 8 km away and shelled the crap out of them.

being on the other side of the globe is thier biggeest drawback when facing the us. transport ships wont make it and on land they will have to fight all the way.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

yes youre correct. hes in the military, and deployed to south korea. i talked to him earlier today and he just said that its definitely not a place he wants to be. hes not allowed to say whether or not the military has been deploying more soldiers to the area. top secret yadda yadda yadda. im just going to assume he isnt the only one going and stock up on water and canned goods hah. i hope im just thinking worst case because family is over there

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
This will make them even more upset, I'm afraid....Sure are ramping up the excersizes.....

english.chosun.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Here's a snippet from "Arirang TV News" that might upset the North koreans a bit, and the Chinese I'm sure....

"The United States announced Thursday that its nuclear-powered aircraft carrier the USS George Washington will take part in joint military drills again.. in the coming weeks".
"Pentagon spokesman Geoff Morrell said the aircraft carrier will return to participate in a sequence of joint military drills in the West Sea"

www.arirang.co.kr...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
reply to post by oozyism

That would be nice but i am not a U.S citizen and have no say as to what the U.S can and cant do,that is up to the American people but i think they have enough distractions at home to worry about another war,How convenient.Coincidence maybe?

If US affairs effects the world, then shouldn't the world have a vote in US?

Including me, I want to vote, because it effects my place of birth Afghanistan.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Awwww...poor little Kimmy is "upset" at the drills. Quick, someone give him a tissue.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join