It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the existence of aliens been proven?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by 19872012
the evidence is undeniable

show me some undeniable evidence and I will let you know. Seeing as the UFO forum is filled with chinese lanterns and missile tests I'm guessing that either a) there is no such evidence (yet?) or b) you must know something that we don't.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
some say we are made belive in ufo and aliens by E.T movies and sci fy but what if the movies are to make us doubt that its just sci fi and there arent aliens? theres so much that lead to E.T in our ancient history that i belive in E.T and ufo's i cant make my self belive that earth is the only planet in space whit inteligent life on it maby som other race of inteligent beings have been exploring space for years and if they arent frindly and the goverment now of them then why spread fear and chaos all over the world its the same whit 2012 dooms day if is gona happen then i wouldent tell every either just let peapol live ther lives til it end

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
It cant be proven to all of us until they make themselves known worldwide.
I do believe that they not only exist, but they have been visiting us for thousands of years. The evidence ive seen has been through my own research of history but the ancient aliens series on the history channel sums up some of the better evidence.

Are us humans really arrogant enough to think that we are the only life? We cant even comprehend the size of our own galaxy, let alone the universe. There is no doubt that there is life out there somewhere. That doesnt mean that we have been visited, but the evidence ive seen makes me think so.

For example, how did ancient peoples from around the world know so much about the exact motions, alignments and cycles of planets and stars in our galaxy? Why do so many religions worldwide contain gods or god coming down from the sky and then leaving (sometimes on some kind of vehicle) promising to return someday? Some of these gods came from certain stars or constellations. How about the precise cutting and moving of massive stone blocks that we couldnt even move today? These people built some of the biggest manmade structures in history.This also happened worldwide. There are also countless witnesses describing flying vehicles and discs and paintings showing them, long before any kind of flight was possible.

Is it so rediculous to believe that et has helped us in the past, and continues to monitor our progress? For me it isnt, and i truly believe that some day we will get the answers we are all looking for.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Ashes of the wake

It cant be proven to all of us until
they make themselves known worldwide.

But see, that's the thing: even if aliens showed up and announced themselves on live television, there'd still be people claiming it was a government ploy to introduce martial law. Even if an alien showed up and knocked on your front door you could still believe it was somebody in a suit playing a prank.

For someone who truly, genuinely and deeply believes that there can be no such thing as aliens, no evidence will convince them otherwise. There are still people who believe that the earth is flat, or believe that it's hollow. There are people who believe an invisible man in the sky will burn them for eternity after death if they have sex without his permission. And there are people who believe humans evolved from apes.

What possible basis of comparison can be used to judge any of these beliefs as reasonable or unreasonable?

I can't prove to you that I even exist. I can't prove to you that I'm real. Do you believe that I am? Why? Do you really believe these words you're reading on this screen aren't something you're hallucinating? How can you know? What evidence can possibly be provided to "prove" that I myself, or these words you're reading, the computer screen you're looking at...aren't all a massive hallucination or paranoid delusion?

I can't prove that aliens are real, and if they show up tomorrow, they won't be able to prove that they're real either.

There is no such thing as proof.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by LordBucket]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I do believe that aliens exist and my thinking is that we may be talking to them every day but some device is used on us to forget our experience with unreported time in other dimension. Am I right?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Has The Existence Of Aliens Been Proven?

No it has not been proven FACT!..... but we would have to be pretty small minded to think that this planet holds the only living creatures in the entire universe.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
70% of earth humans are abductees according to the galactic federation......
The list of People who have told us that they are aware that aliens exist, and are comming here is very long.
The 400 military, goverment retirees who have testified,to that effect for the disclosure project is a mere start.
Other very high officials from different countries too have testified to the existance of the visitors as well.
How many peoples testimony will become proof is anyones guess.....but i believe they cant all be part of the big lie.
Its fact.....theyre here......look around you.....

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by discobiskit
Has The Existence Of Aliens Been Proven?

No it has not been proven FACT!..... but we would have to be pretty small minded to think that this planet holds the only living creatures in the entire universe.

Agreed, but it is also arrogant to think that extra terrestrials traveled fast distances just to visit us.
What makes us and this planet so special?

Why is life here worth studying of they have the key to the universe?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Mythic Chris

it is also arrogant to think that extra terrestrials
traveled fast distances just to visit us.

Why assume interstellar distances are "far" for them? Imagine someone flying across the country to go to Sea World to see some dolphins swim in circles in an aquarium.

Is it really so different?

Why is life here worth studying of they have the key to the universe?

Why are microbes worth studying if one understands electricity and atomic power? And yet how many microbiologists are there?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
70% of earth humans are abductees according to the galactic federation......

well that is utter nonsense for a start. If that was the case the internet would flooded with reports of it, not just a few on websites like this.

Originally posted by stirling
The 400 military, goverment retirees who have testified,to that effect for the disclosure project is a mere start.

Does that have any credibility now that the main person in charge is a proven hoaxer?

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Frakkerface]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by 19872012

It's a matter of opinion, but do you think the evidence is undeniable...

I would say that those that consider the current body of evidence as enough to make up their minds that this subject is undeniable do not have the full use of their brains. In order to assign the "undeniable" stamp to this subject, one has to turn off the parts of their brains that control logic, reason and common sense.

Sure, we all want it to be true, but some want it so bad they turn it into a religion or grew up watching xfiles and never matured, lol.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Frakkerface

well that is utter nonsense for a start. If that was the case the internet
would flooded with reports of it, not just a few on websites like this.

The internet is flooded with it. A Google search for alien abduction gets me a little over 800,000 hits.

Does that have any credibility now that the
main person in charge is a proven hoaxer?

The Piltdown Man was a hoax. Does that mean that paleotology has no credibility? Here's a physics hoax. I guess physics is a joke too. And here's a list of medical hoaxes and frauds, so you'd better stop going to the doctor because medicine has no credibility either.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket

The internet is flooded with it. A Google search for alien abduction gets me a little over 800,000 hits.

Yeti has 9.65 million results - www.google.co.uk...=en&safe=off&q=yeti& aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=2a3fb7f9a5cc3ef6

Spider cow has 1.5 million results - www.google.co... .uk/#hl=en&safe=off&&sa=X&ei=67NaTMbrBZSi0gTEwL1r&ved=0CCUQBSgA&q=spider+cow&spell=1&fp=68af2be670f8314c

Sky fairy has 1.46 million - www.google.co.uk...=en&safe=off&q=s ky+fairy&aq=f&aqi=g7&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=d308a5094770f53c

Clearly, the number of results in google isn't an indication of either validity, number of cases or even individual web pages.

Also with 6.5 billion people in the world, 800,000 is a pretty pitiful number wouldn't you say? It's hardly flooding the internet. Not the 4.5 billion that should be there according to your stats.

You're also give stats from an organisation that has no proof of existence as well. I won't even start on that...

The Piltdown Man was a hoax. Does that mean that paleotology has no credibility? Here's a physics hoax. I guess physics is a joke too. And here's a list of medical hoaxes and frauds, so you'd better stop going to the doctor because medicine has no credibility either.

I was not saying ufology has no credibility but rather that Stephen Greer is a known hoaxer so any project he is involved with has to be treated with at least suspicion. If a doctor creates a hoax then that doctor doesn't have much credibility, not the whole medical field, but thanks for you silly straw man arguments.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Frakker, I will go out on a ledge and say it so you don't have to. Ufology does indeed have no credibility. That is why the majority of the time newscasters laugh or smirk when they are forced to read a piece about it. sure, some don't, but the majority do. And for good reason. If the outsider stumbled onto this place and read a few threads, if they have full use of their brains they would run away laughing their ass off.

The people interested in this subject, the ones that feed those that ensure this subject remains laughable...are their own worst enemy, and they are too ignorant to even understand that very basic concept.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Frakkerface

thanks for you silly straw man arguments.

Two words:

Sarcasm

Irony

Understanding them might make your future experience with human beings less frustrating.

You're also give stats from an organisation
that has no proof of existence as well.

Have you even read any of my posts in this thread?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

dating as far back as the 1800's.

But once again, this is proof of nothing. Perhaps these people are all delusional, drugged-out nutcases leaking childhood sexual abuses from their subconscious.
Why argue with logical fallacies like that instead of, say, sleep paralysis?

But we have bones of Dinosaurs
Yep. We have bones. Bones that might be a hoax. Or it might be scientific misinterpretation that those bones are dinosaur bones. Or maybe god placed dinosuar bones to test our faith. Or they could be something else entirely. They're not dinosaurs. They're bones. Dinosaurs is just a theory to explain those bones.
Yes it's possible God could have placed those dinosaur bones there to test our faith. But that's a religious view, not a scientific view.

If you apply a scientific view, the bones are factual evidence of the previous existence of dinosaurs and we have no such proof like it for aliens. The closest thing I can think of that has been claimed is the starchild skull and despite numerous claims by Pye to the contrary, we have no evidence it's not a deformed human skull.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Why argue with logical fallacies like that instead of, say, sleep paralysis?

I think you misunderstand my point. I'm not arguing at all. The OP is asking if there's proof, and I'm pointing out, by way of example, that there cannot be proof. I'm not answering his question one way or another at all. I'm trying to point out that the entire conceptual framework being used to pose the question is flawed.

Yes it's possible God could have placed those dinosaur bones there to test our faith. But that's a religious view, not a scientific view.

So? I gave three possible explanations. Why focus on only that one? It doesn't matter which you pick, the point is that for any evidence there will be multiple possible explanations. There is no possible proof for aliens, just like there's no possible proof for anything in real life. Proof is a math concept. It does not apply to real life.

You're reading my post right now. Does that prove that I'm a real human being and that I exist? No, this text might be generated by a very clever script. Let's say you see me in person and I shake your hand. Does that prove I'm real? No, you might be halluciating. You might be dreaming. You might be having a manufactured experience compliments of a hypnotist.

There is no possible proof for anything in real life because proof does not apply to real life.

There may be evidence. And there may be belief. But you can believe something even with no evidence of it, and you can not-believe in something regardless of how much evidence there is to support it. This concept of "proof" doesn't enter into the equation.

Go ahead. Try to prove anything is real life. Anything that doesn't involve math. Prove to me the sun exists. Prove to me the earth has an atmosphere. Prove to me that gravity really works.

You can't do it. It can't be done, because there is no such thing as proof.

Seeking proof is a dysfunctional way of perceiving reality.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frakkerface

Originally posted by 19872012
the evidence is undeniable

show me some undeniable evidence and I will let you know. Seeing as the UFO forum is filled with chinese lanterns and missile tests I'm guessing that either a) there is no such evidence (yet?) or b) you must know something that we don't.

How about:

An Aussie case ... www.agoracosmopolitan.com...

An American case ... alien.wolfmagick.com...

All the images, all the testamony in the world doesn't add up to much, I'll give you that. Images can be altered to show anything, testamony is just some person's interprttation of what they saw. DNA on the other hand is rather scientific, even if it does not "prove" conclusively, it is still hard evidence.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

I get what you are saying and i agree to a point. Of course there are those people who will believe only what they want and nothing or no one will change their mind. I am not one of those people. I change my views about things based on what information i think is credible and my own personal experiences. Isnt that how every person creates their own reality?

Your right, we can never know that anything we hear or even see is real, but this is how humans and animals work. What are we supposed to do, go through life thinking nothing is real? That this world and everything in it is just an illusion? Maybe it is, but thats no way to live. That doesnt mean that we shouldnt question everything that we hear or even see, as the mind can play tricks on us.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
If it can happen once, it can happen again, again, again, and again.

Extraterrestrial life forms are probably abundant throughout the cosmos. Sentient beings are probably hard to come by, but according to probability theory, they almost certainly exist. If you would truly like to understand this concept, read books like "Probability 1" by Amir Aczel.

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join