It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the existence of aliens been proven?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
It's a matter of opinion, but do you think the evidence is undeniable and people are just brainwashed not to accept it, or is it in fact incomplete and there is reason to think we have never been visited?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 19872012

Personaly I feel that people have been brainwashed to except it , not the opposite as you have suggest .

I also feel that peoples hope for alien life will be prayed upon to con the population into excepting the biggest lie of all time

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
...or is it in fact incomplete...

I think you may have answered your own question there.

I also agree that peoples need for aliens will open the door to the biggest lie ever.

I mean c'mon! I'd certainly tell you that aliens will eat you unless you enslave yourself to the capitalist regime or something - why not?? You're dangerous otherwise.

-m0r

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
There have been way too many cases down the line to say that "ET does not exist" - Go take a look at that Rendlesham Forest incident for example - You cannot tell me that many people were mass hallucinating an event.

No, we are not alone.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Unless you think people who talk about their experiences are all liars, there is no other conclusion than to realize they exist and are helping us.

But many people on ATS have this perception that these people are out to fool them, scam them, take their money, get attention, sell books. Thats their perception which is based on their view of the world.

My personal perception is that aliens are very real, that there is a multitude of different races and agendas, and that human beings on sites like these are stuck. They are stuck debating weather or not aliens exist, so they cant move to the next level and ask questions such as why humans would need help, what we are doing wrong, what we can do to make things better etc.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   

No. Neither has the existence of dinosaurs been proven. Neither has the notion that physical matter is real been proven.

Proof is a mathematical concept. It does not apply to real life. In real life there is only evidence and belief.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by LordBucket]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by CheapShotArtist

Sorry but I fail to see why the possibility of military craft is always ruled out ?

Let's face it , we WANT to believe ET is visiting us and we find " evidence " to back personal belief in any number of speculative instances .

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket

No. Neither has the existence of dinosaurs been proven. Neither has the notion that physical matter is real been proven.

Proof is a mathematical concept. It does not apply to real life. In real life there is only evidence and belief.

But we have bones of Dinosaurs, we don't have anything for aliens.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Let's not confuse the existence of as the same thing as actually visiting us , two very different things .

As for all the people with " inside info " this to can be controlled in such a way as to cause disinformation .

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO

Sorry but I fail to see why the possibility of military craft is always ruled out ?

Its apparent that you have not read about the Rendlesham incident in depth much.

Go do your homework before you chime in on a subject that you have little to no experience with.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by CheapShotArtist]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

The incident occurred in the vicinity of two military bases (now both abandoned by the USAF). These are RAF Bentwaters, which is just to the north of the forest, and RAF Woodbridge which extends into the forest from the west. At the time, both were being used by the United States Air Force (USAF) and were under the command of wing commander Colonel Gordon E. Williams.

Source

Yep , I have read some stuff on this incident .

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Max_TO]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by CheapShotArtist[/]

Go do your homework before you chime in on a subject that you have little to no experience with.

Just what did I say that has caused you to take such offense ?

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Max_TO]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Its easy to google something and post a link.

If I had a nickel for every link someone has posted on this board without giving their own detailed description of said link, i'd be a rich man

And im not taking offense - Im calling you out because I genuinely do not think you know about that incident as well as you say you do.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by CheapShotArtist

Originally posted by Max_TO

Its apparent that you have not read about the Rendlesham incident in depth much.

You don't need to do any homework to know Rendlesham has as many holes in it as every other UFO case.

Rendlesham was most likely a combination of prank, confusion and boredom.

As many eye witnesses deny reported events as claim they saw something so it's far from a cut and dry case.

Nice little report by local BBC journalists on interviews they conducted:

www.bbc.co.uk...

I just cant rationalise how sentient beings choose to travel the distances involved then get spotted due to their "flashing lights" or by leaving scorched patches of earth.

Do believers honestly think that beings with such advanced technology would try to hide from us and fail?

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Jukiodone]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Jukiodone

Have you listened to the radio convo between Colonel Halt and others when that entire incident was happening?

Im not taking the incident at face value - However, I dont think its as simple as chinese lanterns, balloons, mass hallucinations among other UFO skeptic descriptions.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Dear 19872012

Has the existence of Alien life been proven????

Categorically NO!

However there is way too much going on, for me anyway to prove they are lying.

Yes a lot could be military craft but who’s military??

The fact is there is way too much in history for it all to be from this planet.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

I have and it is indeed compelling but there is no evidence beyond confused human testimony.
If you can sit there and say you've never been spooked in the woods or that you've never been confused by lights in the sky then these reports are worthy of your belief.

If however, you recognise that humans are fallible and mistakes are made then the fact that someone has admitted to making some of the lights means this case is far from evidential.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   

How you can call me out on some story that I didn't even bring up is pretty surprising .

Look you can believe whatever you like and I will support your right to do so .

Having said that , I have a very different take on the whole UFO thing , respectfully .

I think peoples hopes are being played upon and I think that there are some that have invested interests in having " us " believe that UFO's are visiting us .

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Mythic Chris

But we have bones of Dinosaurs, we don't have anything for aliens.

The expression UFO was coined by the US Airforce in 1952 to describe objects that remain unidentified after investigation.

To assume that objects that the military cannot identify are neccesarily craft piloted by aliens is, of course, an assumption.

We have eyewitness testimony from FAA officials, navy and air force officers, police, air traffic controllers, etc. claiming to have observed objects that appear to be metal craft performing aeriel feats that our aeronautics are incapable of.

But this is also not proof. They might all be lying.

We have the cattle mutilation phenomenon, in which animals are found in have organs and blood removed apparently by high-tech surgical means, and accompanied by high levels of radiation and then deposited in places with no foot or tire tracks leading away.

But this is also not proof of anything. It might be an airbourne terrestrial predator unknown to science and the background radiation might be a coincidence.

And we have apparently thousands of people reporting abduction events under hypnosis and assorted other abduction claims dating as far back as the 1800's.

But once again, this is proof of nothing. Perhaps these people are all delusional, drugged-out nutcases leaking childhood sexual abuses from their subconscious.

But we have bones of Dinosaurs

Yep. We have bones. Bones that might be a hoax. Or it might be scientific misinterpretation that those bones are dinosaur bones. Or maybe god placed dinosuar bones to test our faith. Or they could be something else entirely. They're not dinosaurs. They're bones. Dinosaurs is just a theory to explain those bones.

There can be no proof. There is only evidence, and belief. A person may believe whatever they will without any evidence to support it, and a person may believe whatever they will despite any evidence to the contrary.

There is no such thing as proof.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jukiodone

I have and it is indeed compelling but there is no evidence beyond confused human testimony.
If you can sit there and say you've never been spooked in the woods or that you've never been confused by lights in the sky then these reports are worthy of your belief.

These people wasnt just your every day Joe though. They were Military and in some cases, high up military officials who are trained observers. I seriously doubt that these men could be spooked so easily.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join