It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US airstrikes 'kill Afghan civilians'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by listerofsmeg
not including the old days when whole cities were burnt to the ground, america is the biggest civilian killer.
Please feel free to give us some numbers, as in how many civilians, total, that America has killed in wars.

Then we will square those numbers off with the numbers killed by the actions of just four individuals between 1930 and 1980.

You get to include 200+ years of war to add up.

The four individuals for a fifty year period are:

Mao tse-tung- 35 million

Josef Stalin-20 million

Adolf Hitler-8 million

Pol Pot-2 million

These four 'gentlemen' killed their own countrymen to a total of....

60 million! Of their own people!

Let me know what you come up with on how many civilians we have massacred.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

they were evil and purposly murdered those civilians, but america claims to be more humane

1945, hiroshima and nagasaki.
Within the first two to four months of the bombings, the acute effects killed 90,000–166,000 people in Hiroshima and 60,000–80,000 in Nagasaki.
During the following months, large numbers died from the effect of burns, radiation sickness, and other injuries, compounded by illness.
the damage was done in 3 days.
and dont get me started on their freindly fire issues today.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by listerofsmeg]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

Yes they were evil.

So we would have needed to atomic-bomb how many cities in Japan to catch up to Chairman Mao?

The answer is.....

Two hundred-forty.

Looks like we need to do some more bombing to even up the numbers!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX

Originally posted by oozyism

US airstrikes 'kill Afghan civilians'

presstv.com

So what's the big deal? I'm surprised that you're surprised! Is this something new?

It is just not in ATS anymore, they want us to forget.

Suck massacres were toned down in Iraq is well, but we have an urge to get fouled over and over again.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
It is now a well known tactic of the Taliwaker, Taliban, or Alquadia to have children and women carry supplies and weapons during their attack. After we blow the *snip* out of them they remove all the supplies and weapons from the dead. The peace nicks then see the photos of the "dead civilians" and continue on with their rant. Kind of like what you are doing now.

Hahaha

You are the most ignorant individual I have met on ATS to date, even trolls have a sense which directs them.

Here, think, you bomb a whole village? Do you get what I mean? You bomb a whole damn village because bullets are coming from them. Someone got to go to Violater1's town, and bomb his whole town because some a$$hole fired bullets, and some gang member apparently forced 2 year old kids to move their drugs and guns WTF.

Do you have any idea how viscous and idiotic you sound?

You are saying it is OK to kill children because they have been forced to carry Taliban or Al Qaeda cargoes? You are justifying the killing of innocent women and children.

Can a 2 year old carry weapons and cargoes?

Are you kidding me?

How many al-Qaeda in Afghanistan?

Are you kidding me?

You're an insult to those Western soldiers who went to Afghanistan with good intentions.

You have completely outdone yourself.

If only you had evidence

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

1945, hiroshima and nagasaki.
Within the first two to four months of the bombings, the acute effects killed 90,000–166,000 people in Hiroshima and 60,000–80,000 in Nagasaki.
During the following months, large numbers died from the effect of burns, radiation sickness, and other injuries, compounded by illness.
the damage was done in 3 days.

How about the Rape of Nanking?

You know, a little bit of research into the actions of the Imperial Japanese Army during WW2 goes a long way.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Yeah and they hide stuff in coffins too. Nice try. The Israelis use this excuse all the time too when they kill children.

In addition, tell your little Taliban theory to Karzai, their pal.

Sorry to break your heart on this one, but it's true.

I saw Taliban using human shields. Women and children. Saw it with my big brown eyes.

Taliban will engage US troops from a village because they know US forces are hesitant to fire on them in fear of hitting civilians.

Taliban will insure that they are surrounded by kids while observing US troop movements, knowing that they won't be engaged.

Taliban will pay kids $5 to bust off a magazine of AK rounds at a US camp.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Sorry to break your heart on this one, but it's true.

I saw Taliban using human shields. Women and children. Saw it with my big brown eyes.

Where did you see it from? What were they doing exactly. Give us more details.

Taliban will engage US troops from a village because they know US forces are hesitant to fire on them in fear of hitting civilians.

That is a bunch of Bullox because over and over again the occupying forces has bombed whole villages due to the present of some fighters.

Taliban will insure that they are surrounded by kids while observing US troop movements, knowing that they won't be engaged.

Bunch of Bullox again because the occupying forces hasn't shown any mercy for little kids, not even infants.

Taliban will pay kids $5 to bust off a magazine of AK rounds at a US camp.

Evidence would be great in this situation.

evidence
evidence
evidence

You know what the eye witnesses say? Ohh who cares, who cares about investigative techniques. Let's listen to Jerico and his mates, I mean his name is Christian enough, he is probably using his charity money to send Bibles to Afghanistan. Am I right Jerico?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
according to witnesses and witnesses told Press tv...... maybe witnesses were told what to tell the media just a thought.

dozens of people killed ... maybe if it was safe for people to go in and get the criminals then bombing wouldnt be necessary these people harbour the criminals and kids are willing to kill aswell ....

People on here would be complaining also if our troops went in on the ground and were killed ..... So it`s a no win situation.

BRING THE BOYS HOME!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by discobiskit
according to witnesses and witnesses told Press tv...... maybe witnesses were told what to tell the media just a thought.

dozens of people killed ... maybe if it was safe for people to go in and get the criminals then bombing wouldnt be necessary these people harbour the criminals and kids are willing to kill aswell ....

People on here would be complaining also if our troops went in on the ground and were killed ..... So it`s a no win situation.

BRING THE BOYS HOME!

Maybe American troops should have recorded the situation with a video camera. As it is obvious the occupying troops just sit around and watch the militants and call for air strikes.

If they sit around and just watch, they should at least record the situation.

But ofcurse, they are trying to win the hearts and minds of Afghans through terror.

GO TO HELL WITH YOUR POLICIES.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
UN report published in Jan 2010 titled, "Afghanistan: Annual Report on Protection of Civilians in Armed Conflict"

unama.unmissions.org...

Pretty interesting reading. Not that anyone here will take the time when there's a rockin' source from the Iranian Press.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Where did you see it from? What were they doing exactly. Give us more details.

Hmmm...I saw them when I was at a US Army outpost and we had them under observation.

That is a bunch of Bullox because over and over again the occupying forces has bombed whole villages due to the present of some fighters.

Bunch of Bullox again because the occupying forces hasn't shown any mercy for little kids, not even infants.

And what were the Taliban doing? You know, those heroic freedom fighters, fighting off the big, bad US military? They were hiding in the village. That's called, "using human shields".

Little bit of research, please. McCrystal was the one to put in effect ROEs that wouldn't allow US Forces to engage Taliban fighting from villages.

Evidence would be great in this situation.

Try reading "War" by Sebastian Junger. I know he mentions it.

You know what the eye witnesses say? Ohh who cares, who cares about investigative techniques. Let's listen to Jerico and his mates, I mean his name is Christian enough, he is probably using his charity money to send Bibles to Afghanistan. Am I right Jerico?

Oh, my, a personal attack by Oozyism.

Well, who cares about eyewitnesses. You have Iranian TV for your sources. No agenda going on there, right.
Just keep on sucking up that propaganda.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Hmmm...I saw them when I was at a US Army outpost and we had them under observation.

Give me detail of what you saw. Full detail helps.

And what were the Taliban doing? You know, those heroic freedom fighters, fighting off the big, bad US military? They were hiding in the village. That's called, "using human shields".

Little bit of research, please. McCrystal was the one to put in effect ROEs that wouldn't allow US Forces to engage Taliban fighting from villages.

That is their country, that is their homes, they weren't hiding, you are hiding in your base calling for air strikes on villages filled with women and children.

James Bays, Al Jazeera's correspondent in Afghanistan, said it "seemed to be a complex attack by the Taliban".

"The information we are getting is that there was a suicide attack at one of the base's entrances" followed by an hour of fighting with small arms, he said.

Officials said six fighters were involved in the attack.

That is courage, six fighters trying going against one of the biggest occupying hideouts, outnumbered, out gunned ..

Try reading "War" by Sebastian Junger. I know he mentions it.

Try posting a link to exactly where in the book it has evidence.

Oh, my, a personal attack by Oozyism.

Well, who cares about eyewitnesses. You have Iranian TV for your sources. No agenda going on there, right.
Just keep on sucking up that propaganda.

Eyewitness, like the father of the little infants who died? Like the daughter of the father who died, like the person who lost a brother, a mother, a sister, a grandfather, an infant, a whole family.

Those are called eyewitnesses who saw what happened.

BERLIN — Germany will pay some 100 Afghan families affected by a deadly air strike in northern Afghanistan last year $5,000 each in compensation, a government official said Thursday.

An independent local mediator has identified the families of 91 Afghans who were killed and 11 who were wounded as eligible for the payment, the defence ministry spokesman told The Associated Press.

The process is to be finalized later this month, and there could still be minor changes before the money is handed out, said the spokesman, who declined to be named in line with government policy.

The total bill for German taxpayers, however, will likely hover around $500,000.

www.google.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Give me detail of what you saw. Full detail helps.

Uh, yeah. That's not gonna happen.

That is their country, that is their homes, they weren't hiding, you are hiding in your base calling for air strikes on villages filled with women and children.

Well, if you're fighting someone, hiding in your house sure isn't a good idea. I thought they were "freedom fighters"? Who are they fighting for, if they are getting their own people killed, or actually going out and killing them outright.

That is courage, six fighters trying going against one of the biggest occupying hideouts, outnumbered, out gunned ..

Not really. How many guys were manning that checkpoint? Maybe six or so?

Try posting a link to exactly where in the book it has evidence.

Try reading the book. Not my job to spoon feed information.
[

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Uh, yeah. That's not gonna happen.

Then keep it to yourself ^^

Well, if you're fighting someone, hiding in your house sure isn't a good idea. I thought they were "freedom fighters"? Who are they fighting for, if they are getting their own people killed, or actually going out and killing them outright.

Uhhh, that is their home, heard of Gorilla warfare

Not really. How many guys were manning that checkpoint? Maybe six or so?

Backed by helicopters, hidden behind big walls, back by new age weaponry etc. How many soldiers in that base

Try reading the book. Not my job to spoon feed information.
[

Then there is no point posting about a book which apparently you, yourself haven't read. If you had, you would be able to quote it, no one was expecting any evidence, and I'm not expecting any to come in future posts

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Yes they were evil.

So we would have needed to atomic-bomb how many cities in Japan to catch up to Chairman Mao?

The answer is.....

Two hundred-forty.

Oh i see, so not killing as much as mao makes you the good guys eh?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Yes they were evil.

The answer is.....

Two hundred-forty.

Yes, it really does.

Thanks for making my point for me, too!

At the beginning of our 'exchange' here, you said this....

america is the biggest civilian killer.

Now you say this.......

So, to answer your question again, killing less civilians does tend to make us the 'good guys'.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Then keep it to yourself

Sorry that it conflicts with your handcrafted BS comments, Gus. And you know what you can do with that "keep it to yourself" comment. Open forum, you aren't the owner, and believe me, I'm not going to let out anything of a remotely sensitive nature to ass-hats on this board (mainly because it would get my ass in a crack).

mmmm, k?

Uhhh, that is their home, heard of Gorilla warfare

Actually, I haven't heard of Gorilla warfare. Care to explain that to me, and everyone else on ATS? I mean, does it happen in zoos, or the wild? Chimps, or the real big silverbacked SOBs?

Now, I've heard of Guerilla war. Is that what you were fumbling about for? And fighting from your own house, putting your wife and kids to risk isn't the smartest thing do to.

Backed by helicopters, hidden behind big walls, back by new age weaponry etc. How many soldiers in that base

New age weaponry? Wow, I never thought M4s, SAWs and the like were "new age". Especially since the M4 is based on the M16 and it's been in the US inventory since before Vietnam. Yeah, real Buck Rogers weapon there. Just a bunch of 11B with an urge to get their kill on. Looks like a bunch of insurgents found out how many goats they get to hump in the afterlife.

They were lucky that they didn't make it on the base. Imagine the shame their families would have faced if they were killed by some female A1C with a 9MM pistol.

Then there is no point posting about a book which apparently you, yourself haven't read. If you had, you would be able to quote it, no one was expecting any evidence, and I'm not expecting any to come in future posts

Sorry, Gus, wrong again!!!
I read the book, and I think you'd enjoy it, too. Get it from Amazon.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

GOT nothing more to add, you are the eyewitness (no detail), a book is the evidence (no detail from the book).

See you maybe in another thread

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Hot off the presses:

news.yahoo.com...

Last paragraph:

"General Petraeus is not the only one hustling to shape perceptions. Last week the Taliban command released its own directive calling on fighters not to harm civilians, with the exception of those working for international forces or the Afghan government ("supporters of the infidels"), who are to be executed. "The Taliban must treat civilians according to Islamic norms and morality to win over the hearts and minds of the people," says the document, which appears to be in response to an aggressive NATO campaign to publicize how the Taliban is now responsible for most Afghan civilian deaths. But it's not quite working. At least 43 Afghan civilians have been killed by the militants since the 69-page code of conduct was released, according to NATO, mostly from roadside and suicide bombs, including a Monday blast in Kandahar that left five children dead."

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join