It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Scientists Reject Talk of "Oil Plumes" and Report 75% of Slick is GONE

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
You could edit down those told yas in op.

Then, since when have you started to take msm and official information as pure fact? They hide away the oil with dispersants, we cannot know what the situation is since we cannot see it.

Then again, the whole oil spill smells fishy. If you are correct and the whole situation is already clearing up, i must say that now i understand the lack of effort from the governments side. They knew all along that this is no biggie, and that there is no point cleaning beaches before it is stopped. That, and the fact that they knew mother nature would take care of it in no time, especially after dispersants are used since it dramatically increases the surface area for bacterial breaking down of oil.

[edit on 8/5/2010 by above]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Premature Gloating.

This is not over by any stretch of the imagination. I want it to be, the government wants it to be, and mostly BP wants it to be so they can cut their losses and get out, and "get on with their lives", as Tony Hayward so ingraciously put it.

When this is over, the people who live on the Gulf of Mexico will be the only ones trustworthy enough to believe.

When they say it's over, I'll believe it. When the fishing boats are back in the water, and the charter boat -deep sea- fishermen are pulling out clean healthy fish, and people are scuba diving, and the hotel's are full, and the marine life is clean, I'll believe it. When time has shown there are "no plumes", I'll believe it.

I mean, good Lord, is Katrina "over"?
If you think so, then by who's definition?

It's just a matter of who you believe. Personally, I'm not so gullible anymore.

ETA: Bolded "premature gloating".

[edit on 8/5/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by above
Then, since when have you started to take msm and official information as pure fact?

Oh no, don't leap out at me with that. I am perpetually down on the MSM, I am consistently down on the sensationalization of mundane industrial accidents that are going to somehow shift the balance of Nature and Time and Space and send us over the precipice of Nooooooo Reeettuuurrrrrnnnnnnn....

Get real. We humans are NOT SO POWERFUL as we imagine ourselves. No, we don't understand and we can't unravel the mysteries of nature. We can PRETEND to understand our existence, which is what we do all the time, but we have no real grasp of Nature's unimaginably elaborate complexity.

I trust the MSM about as far as I can hurl the rotting carcass of the Sinclair Dinosaur.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
A MSM article supporting a view that is very convenient not just for BP but for the US gov is far from conclusive Doc, and you know it. It'll take a very long time for the true extent of the damage (or lack of it) to become clear - it always has with past spills, and none of them had vast quantities of dispersant used at the source of the leak. It's stated purpose was to keep the oil underwater, which seems to be your favourite fact to ignore.

Still, it's nice to see you're keeping that apparently tiny ego of yours in check... you must've learned the lesson of your last (closed by the mods) 'i told you so' thread... oh wait, no, actually.... hang on....

You'll get back what you put out Doc... to paraphrase Siddhartha... the louder & more aggressively you shout, the louder and more aggressively the world will shout back. Were defined by our humility... It's far easier to be simple, straight-forward and direct.

Why do you care that you 'told us so?' I'm sure many others did too. It doesn't matter who said it first, only the truthfulness of what was said matters. You seem more concerned with the fact that you said it rather the substance of what you said. Why is that?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

It's not smug. I'm not a "smug" person. If you met me in person, you would think, Wow, this guy is very courteous and generous and tolerant and humble and informed and modest. Yeah, that's what you would think, and you would be right.

Doc, I don't even need to meet you to be a fan of your wit, insight and ability to turn a quip. I'm a fan...even if you have that "some-times-a-jerk" problem...I suffer from the same sickness...but its never vile or violent. Your a good guy and one I enjoy.

When I say TOLD YA, yeah, I take some satisfaction in that. I'm still human, in spite of the gene-splicing experiments.

Look...I am sorry we did that to you...to be honest the team was told you wouldn't even be released into the general public again and that you would be a mentally crippled bafoon...

But...well...you know Jenkins...that clumsy oaf of an intern, he spilt some of that X4-I9 into your tank and well...yknow...Doc V.

Doc I, Doc II, Doc III, and Doc Iv...all didn't even know how to log onto ATS, nevermind post!

Some say what's a Doc IV?

I say parking boats...

PS- I just personally do not have the the background to make large judgment calls on this area. You are making a big call...I hope your not just picking a side and going with it.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
We humans are NOT SO POWERFUL as we imagine ourselves. No, we don't understand and we can't unravel the mysteries of nature. We can PRETEND to understand our existence, which is what we do all the time, but we have no real grasp of Nature's unimaginably elaborate complexity.

That's why I'm a fan you loony toony goony!!! Preach on and spread THAT truth thar!

I guess the shaky dinosaur was also pretty awesome.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
The "Truth boat" (not to be confused with the Love Boat) is still out in the middle with no land in sight.
Fact is, I don't trust what ANYONE tells me about the oil "spill" (gusher), not you, the MSM or Infowars.
Why? Because anyone who isn't covering up something is doing nothing more than speculating.
Those who know aren't telling and the rest of us are all peeing in the dark -Doc, that was my foot.
TOLD YA?
I haven't heard that since grade school.
HUMBLE? we must have differing meanings on that word.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Doc you have my respect. You made a topic that went against basically the whole deep disaster board and i rate that. This in my eyes is another incident that will be forgotten about in the next few months. Who are we to judge the magnitude of the disaster, for all we know the earth could handle 100 oil disasters.

This is just a question but did the sea level even rise. If and ice berg melts the sea rises so if a few million barrels go in the water wouldn't it rise. That could also answer the question as to did the oil really spill.

safe.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
But...well...you know Jenkins...that clumsy oaf of an intern, he spilt some of that X4-I9 into your tank and well...yknow...Doc V

JENKINS!!
I knew he was the one... So why did I spare him and him alone?

Thrusters ahead full.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Updated article:

Scientists say it is 'just not true' that the vast majority of oil from the BP spill has gone

"Recent reports seem to say that about 75% of the oil is taken care of and that is just not true," said John Kessler, of Texas A&M University, who led a National Science Foundation on-site study of the spill. "The fact is that 50% to 75% of the material that came out of the well is still in the water. It's just in a dissolved or dispersed form."

Susan Shaw, a marine toxicologist and director of the Marine Environmental Research Institute, said the White House had been too quick to declare the oil was gone. "The blanket statement that the public understood is that most of the oil has disappeared. That is not true. About 50% of it is still in the water," she said.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
you should read this Doc..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
you should read this Doc..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now we see the HOAX in action, as I said from DAY ONE...

People, I never said that Deepwater Horizon didn't happen. I HAVE said that the Media and the Administration have been STEERING the hysteria, creating a HOAX and attempting to impact both public opinion and environmental policy with SENSATIONALIZED reportage.

Now look at how the Administration is spinning the story, and see how the "scientific community" is reacting. They're starting to DISTANCE themselves from this administration AND the media, because they SEE the level of misinformation and disinformation is rising, even though I and others have thrown back the curtain on the nasty little wizards manipulating your reality.

Ha! And HA!

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 8/7/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Doc everybody knows where it is.75% of the Exxon Valdez is still where it was spilled.

On the bottom of the sea floor not floating on the top.

They knew that going in.

With time saltwater will thin out oil.

That is why they pump brackish water in to wells they want t oget the last drop of black gold out of.

But seriously Doc you have GOT to start trusting the government and its scientists.

Their telling the truth because they know who signs their pay check.

Just like the USGS geologists when they say on television they have no viable way of predicting earthquakes in advance.

Those were just "campers" that all showed up prior to the big one that happened in SoCal near Mexico.

Everybody goes camping on Easter weekend.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by eightfold
A MSM article supporting a view that is very convenient not just for BP but for the US gov is far from conclusive Doc, and you know it. It'll take a very long time for the true extent of the damage (or lack of it) to become clear - it always has with past spills, and none of them had vast quantities of dispersant used at the source of the leak. It's stated purpose was to keep the oil underwater, which seems to be your favourite fact to ignore.

Still, it's nice to see you're keeping that apparently tiny ego of yours in check... you must've learned the lesson of your last (closed by the mods) 'i told you so' thread... oh wait, no, actually.... hang on....

You'll get back what you put out Doc... to paraphrase Siddhartha... the louder & more aggressively you shout, the louder and more aggressively the world will shout back. Were defined by our humility... It's far easier to be simple, straight-forward and direct.

Why do you care that you 'told us so?' I'm sure many others did too. It doesn't matter who said it first, only the truthfulness of what was said matters. You seem more concerned with the fact that you said it rather the substance of what you said. Why is that?

You won't get an answer from the doc on the hidden oil. It's stars he's after. Millions of gallons of crap on the sea floor, at the bottom of the food chain, doesn't matter. Because he told us so. Time and evidence don't matter. I'm sorry I learned so much about this member. He's here to show how crazy conspiracists are. I would never dream that they would sweep multiple millions of gallons of oil under the rug, and that anyone would buy it. We don't even know the particulars of what damage the explosion cause to the seabed, do we? No no, it must be quite a treat to run sloppy operations and to have an entire ocean, which BELONGS TO EVERYBODY, to swallow your corporate footprint. In my opinion, there ought be accountability on behalf of BP for the subterfuge, the lies, and for the money that went to elected representatives to simply wilt before the light of truth. Never has it been so clear just what filth and recklessness corporate media government can generate, and with impunity.

What's next? Carbon tax for every man, epa insects inspecting our land for signs of 'loose gravel', dust? Skewed global warming data on account of haarp, oil spills and methane eruptions~and the doc will be right here gloating about how right he is, while corporate maggots slither to their next billion dollar bonus. The doc would eat a lot more than oil and corexit to be able to gloat. What could be more important? Sorry, but I don't share the doc's boozey, addled standards. The media are covering this up.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by davidmann]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join