It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the First Time Ever, Scientists Watch an Atom's Electrons Moving in Real Time

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

I agree with what you have said.....

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Matrix Traveller
reply to post by -PLB-

I can't remember a single (science) teacher who told me not to question the things he taught. On the contrary, I was encouraged to do so.

I never implied this....

Can you come with any evidence of the contrary? If not, on what exactly do you base that the education system is indoctrinating people?

Indoctrination is a perfectly normal human condition...

When you use the term indoctrination you are not implying, but saying that we are not expected to question what we learn. That is what this word is used for. I will not argue that some indoctrination is going on, we do not live in a perfect world. But this is not the dominant practice.

And how do you "know" that the universe is nothing like what we see and experience?

How do you know it isn't ???

I don't know this, I can only make an assumption about it. So I am not going to make such claims. But the question was, how do you know this.

How do you explain that science produces the most amazing discoveries that are put in practical use at such an insane rate?

Take another look at what humanity is doing to your world....

What does this have to do with our scientific knowledge? You are mixing up prescriptive and descriptive.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by -PLB-

I LOVE SCIENCE...

But………

Its Not what we know that kills us its what we don't know which kills us....

We suffer because of our ignorance....

Perhaps this may be off topic (but as you have no space for comments in your profile or access to U2U to answer your questions I can only answer your questions here)....

We talk about Science as though it is a different world, appart from the human species and earth....

But the reality is, we All live in "ignorance" no matter what we believe...

We are Not a "technologically advanced species" as many would have you believe.

Look don't misunderstand me, as I am experiencing this Program (Species & Environmental Programs) just as you and every other person is, and am just as much of the lesson as all others....

Involving our so called great achievements regarding technology..

We need to learn a hell of a lot more yet.....

Take a look how many are admitted into hospitals each day across the Earth???

How many die from diseases every year, and we don't know how to prevent this, due to our own ignorance whether we like it or not...

How many thousands are killed on Earth each day involved in our so called technological lifestyle ???

We build houses in places we shouldn't, and thousands die, swept away by foods ???

How man loose their Lives through the poor design of houses hit by earth quakes and tornadoes each year ???

Thousands die and suffer every year but we never learn...

How many suffer and die each year due to toxic poisoning and other forms of polution each year???

How many other species do we kill or maim through oil spills etc.

How many are killed in transport such as cars, busses, trucks, trains, aircraft etc. each day across the Earth ???

We even allow astronauts to die in our so called technologies ??? Or lack of technology and pretend that it is just a risky business (just to make excuses for our ignorance)

How many die each year in industrial accedents and malfunctions???

How many millions have we killed of our own species, through "War Technologies" every year???

War is only because the human Species tries to end LIFE !!!
Proof..... we kill our own species, innocent women and children having no regard at all for LIFE....

And all this is because of our ignorance we make ourselves blind to....

Indoctrination or is it peer pressure, to conform to how the majority exist producing our attitudes today ???

YES.....

Fact…… We All only suffer and die, because of our "Ignorance"....

[edit on 10-8-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

Excellent post, we pretend that we all love and want to protect each other, that is the big lie, we want what we want right now and don't care about consequences. The powers that be care even less, the more of us die the more for them. Ignorance is on such a large scale that it will never change. Example, former Senator Ted Stevens died in a plane crash today and someone wrote, no big loss, unbelievable to me. By advancing Science tell me how that is going to help us when we can't help ourselves.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1

Excellent post, we pretend that we all love and want to protect each other, that is the big lie, we want what we want right now and don't care about consequences. The powers that be care even less, the more of us die the more for them. Ignorance is on such a large scale that it will never change. Example, former Senator Ted Stevens died in a plane crash today and someone wrote, no big loss, unbelievable to me. By advancing Science tell me how that is going to help us when we can't help ourselves.

These words (you wrote) are also in my heart every day...

We have to re-approach LIFE in a different way and Learn about LIFE and how all is created today, rather than trying to re-invent the wheel...

In my Line of Work I have learnt so much, which raises more and more questions, transforming my past understanding of Science as taught to me in the late 1960’s & early 1970’s...

It was through this work, (R&D involving "Interfaces" with the "Outer" Mind) I was brought to a sobering awakening of my own self, and at this stage I am very cautious about will happen in the future regarding the technologies I have seen and have been involved with, as I believe the human species is Not ready to accept it yet…

This involves “Interfacing” with the other end of our (Collective) Mind which all comes from.

It appears we all have to learn lessons regarding ourselves First…. And come to know and understand the "Real Self"…

This is because we experience this Program from the Centre of each of our own droplets of the Mind (Consciousness).
Because the "Absolute Centre" of the Mind has No shape or Size (Non Dimensional), it in fact knows Nothing, when entering this Program or Experience, but on the other hand the other end of the Mind (Awareness) we came from (the Outer), knows all things.

So over time a "bridge" is Created between the 2 Ends of the Mind and Information is then "Loaded" into the Centre of the True Mind or Consciousness. At is at this stage we awaken to the reality of our real selves again.

There are many different ways to understand anything...
In other words a Story can be told in a million and one different ways… But as for Human Science even though I love Science, Human Science (or the Human interpretation) is NOT the answer....

We… All of us need to discover more about our "Conscious Selves" FIRST....

What we really are and what we experience are 2 entirely different things…

How can we understand the World we experience, if we don’t know what and who we really are, or where our "Consciousness" has come from or even going to ???

I certainly know where I have come from…. that is the Real Self… or Consciousness.

But how many of us know ????

Once we discover what, and who we really are, we will then learn how to Conform to LIFE rather than Warring against LIFE and the Environment we are experiencing...

There is The Technology of “Consciousness” which is “Immortal” and there is the “Invented” technology of the mortal Species, which Wars against LIFE...

I can Understand why in general, the “Universal Community” is inclined to keep well clear of the Earth.

They treat the Earth as extremely Hazardous to their well being, so no wonder many people on Earth believe we are alone, in this Little Universe due to the Lack of Contact….
But who can blame the :”Universal Community” from Not wanting to visit the Earth on a regular basis, as the human Species simply doesn’t want to know about LIFE and the Real Self…

[edit on 10-8-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Yes it is indoctrination, many get hurt because they follow and end up getting owned. It's important to ask questions, to look for facts, to be what you are, not what other people want you to be. There is a new agenda, to dumb people down, especialy for kids, the new generation. They buy into this stuff and they don't know what they are getting into. Why go with the flow when you can ask questions and be responsible for your self. I can't beilive the human race has not learned it's lesson yet. How long will it take ? Emerge free but with values not with total chaos where nothing is real anymore and it's just "go with the flow" Humanity is so dumb and full of it's self, few value life, morals and ethics.

Be a happy idiot and not care anymore is the new trend, and they are trying to sell it as love.
when it's brainwashing in fact.

Maybe who knows, humanity is not worth saving after all.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

It gives me some hope for the human species, re. your post.
It's a pitty more don't feel the way you do....

Many Stars 4 U.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

It's in your nature to destroy yourselves

(Terminator 2, Judgment day)

Anyhow, this is going way off topic.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by -PLB-

It's in your nature to destroy yourselves

(Terminator 2, Judgment day)

Anyhow, this is going way off topic.

Sadly True perhaps ???

Or Not ???

But I shall remain optimistic.... as I Still Trust LIFE !

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Once we discover what, and who we really are, we will then learn how to Conform to LIFE rather than Warring against LIFE and the Environment we are experiencing...

Exactly, I didn't mean to sound so negative, I honestly have faith in my human brethren, I have been searching for a lifetime and learned much but there is more that we are not to understand at this time.

My spiritual path is never ending.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by -PLB-

Have you understood the "Abstracts" I presented and have they given you any insight with regard to understanding what we may be, or may not be observing regarding the behaviour of particles or in the particle analogy ???

Remembering there is what produces our experience, and also what our experience is... These are completely 2 different environments.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I kind of missed the point you tried to make with the posts about light. You didn't really got me thinking about how light behaves or whether we should reconsider our current understanding, as what you wrote is not really unexpected behavior to me. That our interpretation of observations is determined by our education is evident to me, but I am still puzzled why you call this indoctrination. It seems to me that as long as we keep observation and interpretation separated we are doing fine.

As for your post about our ignorance or disrespect for life, that is a whole different topic so I won't go in to that any further.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by HoloSphere

I agree 100%
I've been saying this for years, but no-one seems to understand

Thanks for putting our thoughts into text (i would not have used so many words)

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by HoloSphere

Excellent post....

What you have written I would have to agree 100%

This part is also true....

Quantum theory dismisses causality, thus rendering any prediction impossible. Heisenberg answered a journalist on "Is the atom now a particle or a wave?" by saying "It's a tendency !".

Or said in another way, it is our Interpretation of...

As an atom is neither a Particle nor a Wave, but is produced through/by "Communication" within a process producing our experiences.

No ! Physics neither is the science of energy and measurement, nor it is comprised of inconsistent defintions...sorry for the pun Circularity enables the scientific establishment to come up with the - for common sense - incomprehensible theories and equations, you can then read about in scientific journals.

The definition of "Common Sense" is based only on, or within the boundaries involving reasoning of the human species, determined by our ignorance or lack of knowledge of the source or cause.

Physics is by definition the science of existence. Causality can never be dismissed in physics...you simply can't do that! If you do, you may as well give up, and find a real job.

And again can't be refuted....

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join