It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christopher Hitchens diagnosed with cancer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MY2Commoncentsworth

I mean that none of us are in a position to punish him, in thought, word or deed. That's all. Nothing is really up to us. We have clear instructions to love the unlovable and all Gods creations. Simple.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
sorry to hear about his illness. its rather unfortunate. I would be interested in knowing what he truly thinks. A man often says one thing and does another. Most certainly a person is not the same after finding out they have cancer.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Anam Gra

Originally posted by Anam Gra
This is disgusting!! And later the guy uses Jesus as his justification, This is one of the reasons Jesus has been vilified in many quarters, not really a follower but Jesus speaks of love, Ive always appreciated that. This individual and his sick approach to another fellow human's suffering turns my stomach.

Sorry if I upset your stomach Anam, but I suppose you think it's OK for Hitch to spew his vitriol against Christians and Jews obituaries, that's OK, I understand. Woe to me for making a joke. I see.

Perhaps you should try some pepto bismol for your stomach ailment, or some milk for the ulcer that you have probably developed over the years from having a piss poor attitude.

At any rate, I hope you didn't get any on you.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Originally posted by rusethorcain
I mean that none of us are in a position to punish him, in thought, word or deed. That's all. Nothing is really up to us. We have clear instructions to love the unlovable and all Gods creations. Simple.

So does that mean that I am not even allowed to think and let a thought emanate from my brain?

But you went out of your way to punish me.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MY2Commoncentsworth

Originally posted by rusethorcain

So does that mean that I am not even allowed to think and let a thought emanate from my brain?

But you went out of your way to punish me.

Only if you can improve upon the silence.

Very lightly you got off.
I was recently banned from posting on ATS for being rude and feel I am being closely monitored here. On parole so to speak or else I might tell you what I really think and you could feasibly consider it more along the lines of "punishment."
Your sudden attacks of reason seem more like bi-polar episodes, so I really don't know what to think of you. I accept you did not mean what you said about Mr Hitchens...and then you start to dig yourself into another hole here...

You must not know what "punishment" is.

Lucky you.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Ya I've sorta got the same problem. I was recently banned myself for a few days for arguing with a .....I don't have the word to describe it.

But I will not be silenced or told what to think or how to act or what to do by you or anybody else my friend. And I will criticise Chrisopher Hitchens or anyone else that I disagree with. I doubt if Hitch could resist criticising me, and I always welcome such criticism.

Most of my good posts have been taken down. But I found one still on here that might rival some of your own in substance and ferocity.....Here's the link if you care to check it out. It's the 4th post of mine on the page.

Enjoy.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MY2Commoncentsworth

OK...read them, so

Why not use your exceptional gift...

(It is a gift to communicate...many people find it hard to express themselves I am astounded at the number of people who only read, yet you are able to convey your thoughts clearly)

...to promote peace, harmony over division and ridicule?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Thank You,

I'm working on it. But I always seem to hit a brick wall when I try to bridge the gap. I don't really think that I have a gift, just commonsense, like you and most people have.

And again, I meant no harm to Chris, his skin is so thick I doubt if he would have even noticed. I've seen him get pissed and storm off of Fox News.....I like him.....I like Fox News too.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

This is disgusting!! And later the guy uses Jesus as his justification, This is one of the reasons Jesus has been vilified in many quarters, not really a follower but Jesus speaks of love, Ive always appreciated that. This individual and his sick approach to another fellow human's suffering turns my stomach.

Sorry if I upset your stomach Anam, but I suppose you think it's OK for Hitch to spew his vitriol against Christians and Jews obituaries, that's OK, I understand. Woe to me for making a joke. I see.

Perhaps you should try some pepto bismol for your stomach ailment, or some milk for the ulcer that you have probably developed over the years from having a piss poor attitude.

At any rate, I hope you didn't get any on you.

1. You suppose too much!!

2. two wrongs dont make a right!!

3. wheres the joke??

3. Sad, sad little man, getting his jollies from the misery of others.

Your 15 minutes are almost up, Mr. 'centsworth

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

3. wheres the joke??

1. Well then I guess that you have a cast iron stomach, I presume.

But why then does it upset so easily over nothing?
I'm not a doctor, but perhaps you should see one before the condition gets worse.

2. And neither does your hatred for me.

3. You have to have a sense of humor to get the joke.

3. 3 again? shouldn't this be #4?
Only when the "others" have it coming.

I suppose that means that you think I am famous.
That's funny......Looks to me like Hitch's 15 minutes are almost up.
......try worrying about your own 15 minutes, if you ever get there.

Tip: Try to learn how to count up to 10 without repeating any of the numbers. If you eliminate your blind rage, you might be able to do it.

I'll pray for you too, Anam.

edited to correct Anam's poor counting skills.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by MY2Commoncentsworth]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

3. wheres the joke??

1. Well then I guess that you have a cast iron stomach then, I presume.

But why then does it upset so easily over nothing?
I'm not a doctor, but perhaps you should see one before the condition gets worse.

2. And neither does your hatred for me.

3. Only when the "others" have it coming.

I suppose that means that you think I am famous.
That's funny......Looks to me like Hitch's 15 minutes are almost up.
......try worrying about your own 15 minutes, if you ever get there.

I'll pray for you too Anam.

Is that it?? Thats your reply, it took you all this time to come up with that?? ....mmmmmmh!

Dont hate you, mo chara, I have nothing but the best wishes for ya, anyway you're really not that important in the grand scheme

Christopher Hitchens RIP

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join