It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Chronicle Project: Hidden Truths Revealed

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
hello,

Originally posted by jennybee35
You are right in that there is no publicity for the team. That is what we are trying to accomplish now.

Yup, it's all about PUBLICITY.

Were you able to read and comprehend any of the materials available on the Chronicles site? You know enough about the Ancient Hebrew to judge that it was all bull. That's pretty impressive. What is your linguistics background?

Why is this new nonsense COMPLETELY UNKNOWN to bible scholars?

And BTW, we all know how anxious the scientific and archaelogical community is to help those who may have found something they've overlooked for centuries. I mean, they always rush to help expose the truth, right?

Ah, so there's a CONSPIRACY to keep this "truth" secret?
What a laugh.
It's just another crackpot web-site with NO backing at all.

G

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Were you able to read and comprehend any of the materials available on the Chronicles site? You know enough about the Ancient Hebrew to judge that it was all bull. That's pretty impressive. What is your linguistics background?

Do YOU, jenny?
Do YOU understand ancient Hebrew?

G

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenisiz

as close to the source as possible?

John-
These are the Scriptures that testify about me

Hebrews-
In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe. The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word.

1Peter-
He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

Daniel-
In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence.

Isaiah-
In that day shall there be an altar to the LORD in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar at the border thereof to the LORD.

John-
Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

Matthew-
Among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist; yet he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
hello,

At no point has anyone ever claimed that this was being done in secret. The point is not secrecy, otherwise it would still be secret. As far as when the website was created, well, everything has to have a beginning, right? Do you think that all new ideas should be already vetted before they are released? How would you ever get enough exposure and attention if you presented a fully formed item that isn't open to review and questioning.

But it IS secret !

The names of the researchers are secret.
The place is secret.

There has been NOTHING published for real scholars to look at.
All you have is a crackpot web-site.
Scholars do NOT deal with crackpot websites.

I can't show who these people are.

So they ARE secret.
We have NO idea who did all this.
Neither do you.
But you believe it?

Ask for some credentials.

Did YOU ask for credentials, jenny?

G

edit on 19-9-2010 by Greenfly13 because: tags

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
hello

Yeah, I think I'm not gonna' worry too much about your folks so well versed in Hebrew and Aramaic. Couldn't find any. I just googled the project to see what was being said, and I couldn't find any linguists that are saying it's a hoax.

Wow.
THAT'S your standard for proof?
Whether you find hoax claims if you google a bit?

Well -
Did you find ANY scholars who agreed with this nonsense?
Did you even find ANY scholars who are even AWARE of it?
No.

What I did find was that my thread is being re-posted on other forums, which is exactly what I wanted. More exposure, more minds helping out, more truth revealed!

So you real purpose is to publicise this web site.
Are you getting a share of the book?

G

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

It's not code, it's translation. Big difference.

No it's not.

It's a letter-code.
Not a translation at all.

It's a just a new bible code on a crackpot web-site, by unknown persons, that no scholar has ever heard of.

G

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenfly13

secret?

Isaiah-
Truly you are a God who hides himself

Revelation-
To him who overcomes, I will give some of the hidden manna.

Matthew-
seek and you will find

scholars?

Where is the wise man? WHERE is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age?-1Cor1.20

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenisiz
IMHO...the video damaged their credibility...am I the only one that seems to realise that a majority of religous beliefs are altered versions of Egyptian or Sumerian beliefs....that includes stories in the Torah, Bible...ect. To me if you want to find the "Truth"...study the ancients...not peoples constant retellings of events. Try to get close to the source as possible. IMHO of course.

Granted, the Enuma Elish and other creation epochs approximate the dynamics of creation told in the book of Genesis.

When you understand the book from an Esoteric perspective, which i dont think you have done, than you can see decidedly different and irreconcilable views.

For isntance, the first words of the Torah are Beresheit Bara Elohim. I can relate these first 3 lines to the theogony of Hesiod. In hesiod, Cronus(time) begets Zeus. They derived this belief from the first lines in the Torah. Bere# is reckoned a 'power' that created Elohim. Hence, the source of the Greek view. And the Greeks derived their theology mainly from Babylon, but also from Egypt and India. Gaia was born from the primordial chaos - which si also considered feminine. This feminine primordial chaos is tiamat in the Babylonian creation epoch.

The further on you go the more the traditional Hebraic creation epoch diverges from the pagan versions. For instance, This specifically begins to occur in the story of Abraham - although their are intimations of this divergence in the story of Eve, Adam and the snake, Cain and Abel, Noach, Ham and Canaan... But specifically with Abraham and Isaac and Jacob does this become more enunciated. Jacob and Esau were 'twins'. Esau who is described as 'ruddy' symbolizes the evil inclination, which is born from the vector of Gevurah (restriction) upon entering this world a mans main desires are animalistic and self centered. Though, at a certain age, around 13, (12 for a girl) man begins to develop an emotional intelligence. Prior to this age, generally speaking, children imitate rather than truly understand from their own sensitivity whats morally right and whats morally wrong. Around 13, they recieve a 'higher' level of consciousness - this is Jacob - who is 'grasping at the ankle' of Esau (the evil inclination). Its at this age that the good inclination begins to awake and SUBVERT the 'first born right' of Esau. Esau, the evil inclinatiom is simply interested in his self, which is why he was persuaded to give up his brith right for a bowl of lentils. This initself alludes to the emotional haste that the animal soul acts with. Eventually, Jacob uses his 'cunning' that is, his inherent ability to transcend limitations (the divine soul - source of the good inclination) to not only utulize the strength (gevurah) of his animal soul, but he uses it for the sake of good when he goes to his father dressed as Esau. Gevurah, Isaac, has naturally poor vision (being the source of constriction) and so cant determine who is who, but since Isaac symbolizes the PURE faculty of Gevurah, whereas Esau represents the impure shell (the negative manifestation of the animal soul) he recognizes his hairy hands (that is, the raw vtiality of the animal soul) are like Esaus, but his scent (that is, the source of his animal vitality) as very sweet. This narrative implies the transmutation of teh raw vital energy to good, to holiness.

Now, compare this with Egyptian and babylonian versions. For one, the imagery of masutrbating and the world being formed is not a kosher image (this is egyptian). Adn most of all, when you begin to study and understand the theology behind the garment of 'myth', you realize that almost all religions share an inherent likeness, EXCEPT Judaism and the Hebrew Torah. In almost all cases, the babylonians, egyptians, Greeks and Hindus share a fascination and allure with death. You see this in Greece with Aphrodite being born from the blood of Uranous' severed member, in Hinduism with both Shiva and Kali, in Babylon, Ishtar and Tiamat. etc. And when you read certain key ancient authors like Lucien of Samasota you get a very real depiction of how the pagans ''practiced' their religious beliefs. People seem painfully i gnorant of this. they think pagansim was all honky dorry, they were just hated because the Jews became ascendent and than the christians/muslims (mind you, christianity is based on paganism - see gnosticism - same thing with Sufism). Saturnalia, the ancient pagan festival which celebrated the 'death' of the sun, was actually a celebration of a mystical principle - the archetype of evil. In the beginning of the festivities they would select one vile and despicable member of their community - procalim he king of saturnalia, and through the 7 days stuff him with food and everyone would engage in ramapant sexuality. By the end of the festival, this man who had been showered with delights of every coarse and improper nature, was than brutually murdered by the participants. His murder 'symbolized' the death of the evil principle which he had represented throughout its 7 days. On the 8th day, which symbolizes a 'transcendence' of the 7 faculties of external existence, they kill him, symbolizing their collective ability to 'transcend' their own lower natures by recognizing the 'spirit' - 8, within even the most gross material actions.

Now this is pretty sick. you can go to Sacred-texts.com and read luciens description of it. This was practiced throughout the Roman world. Even in Rome up to the 1800s the pope would often allow the residents of Rome to celebrate 'christmas' in this fashion. It also became popular and a yearly custom to gather the Jews of the Roman ghettos, dress them up like clowns (in an early period they stipped them naked) and had them run throughout the streets of Rome to the great amusment of Romans and the pope and his bishops alike.

Good ol' pagandom and their love affair with chaos - the 'creative' principle (Read Wotan - CG Jung). How much they lie. Christianity is one big massive crock.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
So I'm reading these translations and I was hit by a epiphany...............HOLLOW EXPANSE ABOVE THE EARTH......alarm bells.....The Moon?
Amazing it could also explain why the moon has not been revisted....Warned off by the creators. I'm a few pages in and I had to post just incase it was missed.
S+F btw...Love a mystery.

edit on 19-9-2010 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The first bible was written in Aramaic language, not ancient hebrew. It was then translated to greek, and it was spread as greek to the whole by then known world.

Judging from the translation i read, it's a bunch of bull#. The known bible translation makes much more sense. Not only that, but the word self-defining thing is absolutely retarded: if there is another language that was used to write the bible, then why was this language encoded in another one? the word of god would not be heard in that way.

At the end of days, there will be many false prophets...i think this is such a case!

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
The first bible was written in Aramaic language, not ancient hebrew. It was then translated to greek, and it was spread as greek to the whole by then known world.

Judging from the translation i read, it's a bunch of bull#. The known bible translation makes much more sense. Not only that, but the word self-defining thing is absolutely retarded: if there is another language that was used to write the bible, then why was this language encoded in another one? the word of god would not be heard in that way.

At the end of days, there will be many false prophets...i think this is such a case!

Huh?

You realize old hebrew script lines up perfectly with the assyrian script right? The available ancient works have been studiously and tirelessly compared with extant torah scrolls , both ancient and modern.. The current Hebrew script, assyrian, corresponds with the old Hebrew.

The only thing Hebrew shares with Aramaic is the script (the shapes of the letters) - and even than there are those who maintain that Aramaic borrowed from Hebrew, as opposed to the other way around. The Talmud implies this. It says Ezra changed the script to what it is now, while during the exile period 700 BCE - 400BCE a different script was used, whereas before that time 700 BCE the assyrian script used today was aswell used...

There are differing views though. Which ever the case, it doesnt matter. Hebrew is the real deal - the language of creation. Anyone who studies it at a mystical level knows this or at the very least, begins to suspect it. Even the most hardcore skeptic would be hardpressed to explain how Hebrew is the way it is *(gematria, grammatically etc) with the power that it possesses over certain spiritual realities.

edit on 19-9-2010 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

you don't find it a bit odd that you just left out the author of the Christian faith-Jesus, but did use someone/thing else in an attempt to crocify?

Hebrews-
Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith

1Peter-
if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name.

Colossians-
He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Please spare us the "mysticism" of the Hebrew language, 'cause there ain't none. It's just a language like all others.

And what you say about the languages makes no sense. The fact remains that the old testament was first written in Aramaic, then in Greek.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
have any of you actually read anything on the website? because its quite interesting and usually i stay away from these things. they are saying the old language you thaught was hebrew isnt evin tho the characcters are the same, the words arent words ther are essentialy a ste of symbols used to make a meaning like hyroglyphs.
it could be right you know or it could be wrong, but weel never know if everyone keeps arguing what they believe and not being sensible to new data. peace

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I was born into a family that went to church every Sunday. Even if we had broken legs we were going to church.

It wasn't until I was much older and wiser did I say WHY.

Every Sunday millions, if not billions, of people bow down to a benevolent being that will save them. Give them everlasting life.

However, it occurred to me who is going to save me from all the evil that exist around me yearly, monthly, weekly, daily and hourly?

Bottom line, we are not special in this universe. Someone or something created us for whatever purpose they deemed necessary. Evolution is a farce. Evolution probably went out the door after 13 billion years of universe existence.

There is a race of beings that created us in their own image. They don't give a hoot about prime directives.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Ask yourself this question. What is this benevolent being going to save us from? Personally, I think it's to save us from other benevolent beings hell bent on destroying us.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
guys,
i have to repeat what i said earlier. the question is if these dead sea papers are to be trusted in the first place. there have been wars fought on bible issues, the middle ages banned the bible.

this is critical!

when we read mt.4.4:
But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

or isaiah 8.20:
To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

and revelation 22.18&19
For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

basically it means don't mess with the word od God and obviously we need to know these words!

today we have many different bibles. which one is the best?
some might say that the modern bibles are the best because we have better knowlege of gone languages.
BUT, if the grammer is improved, does it nesseserely mean that the kontext has been aproved?

the original scriptures are lost. all we have are copies. some are very old some are younger. today we have basically 3 streams of bibles. they come from manuscripts belonging to the same family, agreeing closely in wording.

the lost manuscripts of the traditional text. this stream has thousands of copies of copies in all the languages. actually every singel bible before 1940, but the roman catholic and the jesuit bible, come from this block. the KJV eg is from this path.

ancestor of western family: based on the old latin version (2th century), latin vulgate (4th century), codex d (5th or 6th century), codex d2 ( 6th century) and codex e2 (7th century). the jesuit bible (douay version) comes from here. it's been written to counteract the reformation.

ancestor of alexandrian family: based on papyrus 75 (200a.d.), papyrus 66 (200 a.d.), codex B (4th century) and codex aleph (4th century). these are lately discovered documents. from these 4 documents we have the revised version, american standart version, new english bible....

now tell me does old nesseserely mean correct?

this is what i'm trying to make clear.
if these dad sea scrips by them self are doubtfull then this discussion is basically over.
or you can give som s&f for new discovery of translation, nice, but with not that much importance for me.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

If you are so offended by my need to make sure this sees as many seekers as possible, then please ignore it. ALL their materials, every study note, every discovery are there on that site COMPLETELY FREE OF CHARGE, no strings attached. So tell me, what bothers you so much about this? How could something freely given, and so easily accessed, be so offensive to you? I don't get it.
Does this make you uncomfortable in some way?
And to answer your other question, no, I cannot read ancient Hebrew. I can , however, do exactly what is recommended for anyone interested in the truth of the matter: take the dang notes that are free to use, and do a little work on your own. I certainly have, and it's a very hard thing to do, but gets easier with practice. That is how I know it is true: testing and trying it. I am also listening closely to my Father God, and He won't lead me astray!

So, when you can come back here and say that you know it's a crock because you have PROOF that it is, and by that I mean an expert opinion and documents to back it up, be my guest. Til then, either work it out or hush.

edit on 9/19/10 by jennybee35 because: (no reason given)

ETA: I know you have got to be kidding me?! A book?! Every piece of work they have done, along with every instruction on how to do it yourself is on the internet. What the hell good would a book whose contents are already published free be? THINK before you troll, please.

edit on 9/19/10 by jennybee35 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

So tell me, what bothers you so much about this? How could something freely given, and so easily accessed, be so offensive to you?

(1) Everything on "the Chronicle Project" site is not cited.
(2) Site looks like a bunch of animals created it; thus, the credentials of the site owner must be questioned.
(3) If you read the bottom footer, "Chris, Research Head, The Chronicle Project", you will notice there are no credentials listed.

Its a hobbyist site. Unless there is some sort of university behind this information, I think this whole things is one BIG HOAX.

Does this make you uncomfortable in some way?

Nope. After seeing so many people trying to bash Christianity, I am really not surprised that another nonbeliever is trying to attack religion. It goes with the territory.

Look...
The Chronicle Project .org

... Again, all help is appreciated.

What the last line tells me is that the site is run by a phony. Universities and credentialed bible scholars would not ask for the public's help. Universities and bible scholars have funding, so they can hire professional translators.

edit on 19-9-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

I really don't even have an answer for you. I am just saddened that the truth will pass you by because you are blinded by what you have been led to believe is necessary to obtain truth. It just has to be a hard thing to find, huh?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join