It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Refreshing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Why does the forum constantly act like it's refreshing... every 30 secs or so I hear a click.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
On which pages? Could you be more specific?

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
It doesn't do that for me at home or at work. It must be something else.

Actually, I have often wished the pages here would refresh every minute. Then, I can just leave one PC with ATS on all the time and keep turning my head to see if anything new has been posted.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I had a similiar problem earlier this evening. Every thirty seconds or so, you'd hear IEx page load "click" and it would try to load ATS page 700.php (I think!)

Doesn't seem to be doing it any more, though... now I'm aware of a potential problem, I'll try and be a bit quicker reporting it if it happens again.

Edit: Just thought I'd look into it, and it turns out 700.php is an advert link - obviously you know that, SO, but I thought your minions may like to know... is this a sign of new advertising problems with ATS?

[edit on 18-6-2004 by StrangeLands]

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
what browser do you use? Some automatically refresh after a couple of minutes...

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
If you are not logged in and browsing ATS, some of the Ads do refresh.

an occasional click indicates a new ad refreshed.

[edit on 18-6-2004 by smirkley]

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I'm using Internet Explorer 6, and I've never noticed an automatic refresh before...

But whatever it was, it's not happening any more. I wouldn't have mentioned it, but for UnusualMe's comment earlier.

Hmm... it's a night for the great mysteries of existence.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
it's the 700.php page allright:

< meta HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="120; URL=700.php" >

This means it automatically refreshed the 700.php page every 120 seconds...

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
it's still doing it.. i have a little toolbar that's supposed to block pop ups .. i thought it was that too but the # of popups blocked hasn't changed at all since this afternoon... unless maybe that's bugged.. hmmm

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by StrangeLands Edit: Just thought I'd look into it, and it turns out 700.php is an advert link - obviously you know that, SO, but I thought your minions may like to know... is this a sign of new advertising problems with ATS?
You shouldn't be getting that ad-page if you're logged in. On which pages do you see it?

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I was moving around a fair bit and it was happening all the time, so it's hard to be sure, but it was definately refreshing when I was on the NWO and Politics and Scandals boards, and also, I believe, the MyATS page.

As a side note, I purged my cookies yesterday, so had to log in again when I came to ATS last night. It's possible that the refresh problem began before I logged in, and I just didn't notice until I'd been going a while.

That's what I get for being a New Window junkie and doing six things at once!

top topics

join