It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Here On ATS...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Hi everyone! Much like many here on ATS, I've been a "lurker" on this website for some time now. I finally joined after about a year because I feel like there's a lot of interesting topics I can bring to the plate (hopefully), and even more I can learn from the great community here.

A little about myself... For starters you can call me "Jay," I'm a 20 year old guy from the Lehigh Valley in PA. I live with my father and brother in a little double-wide and work at a gas station. (I know, pretty pathetic, huh? :-/) My passion is music and I play drums in a basement hardcore/metal band with some of the best friends anyone could ask for.

Okay, now I have many questions as to how things work around here, and although they may be explained somewhere on the newbie threads, keep in mind that I'm using a mobile phone right now (my only source of internet) and many images are often not displayed properly. So with that in mind, please go easy on me (moderators) if I've made any mistakes so far! Can a mobile user have a newbie helper? If so, I'm in much need! Thanks a lot, I'm looking forward to the site!

(P.S.--Interesting story from my area, I can't make a thread yet but if someone could, or if you have the time to check it out, google "Roseto Big Time Alien Obama." Very funny story!

Great quote from a great band:
"Would you rather have freedom or security? Make your choice: Tyranny or liberty?" -Molotov Solution

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by noworldorder2012

Welcome, Jay!

A double-wide with your brother and dad? Ever been on the Jerry Springer show? Sorry, I just had to go there.

One of my daughters says she probably could be on that show many times.

Soon someone more knowledgeable than me will come along and explain things to you. Stuff like the 20 posts before you can start a thread and such things.

I was born in PA. I visit relatives there from time to time, and while there pick up a few cases of Yuengling Lager. By the way, what's up with only being able to buy beer by the cases and not 6 packs? Hmmmmmmm........some sort of conspiracy, no doubt.

I was visiting in Greensburg over this last weekend, and as we were driving homeward, we were getting close to the West Virginia border, and beer there was being sold by the cold 6 packs. Interesting........

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Hahaha no I'd never end up on that show, unlike them I actually have standards! ...But the people that come into the gas station....ABSOLUTELY.
Oh, and if you ever come around here, you can only get 6 packs in the bars...but I recommend 40's!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Really? Lancaster County, PA, myself

I don't know about the beer conspiracy, but I'll have to research it... I think I smell NWO.

Funny about the name, actually... I know a family from that area with that last name. Really amazing people, if you ever get a chance to meet them. The Jay family, I mean.

Welcome to ATS! Probably in the morning a mod will come along and pass along the basic rules, but you're pretty much fine just knowing these:

Don't troll, we already have some.

Don't start hoaxes.

Don't get too off topic.

But those are pretty much common sense, so Welcome to the ATS community! Nice to see someone else from the area denying ignorance

[edit on 8/5/2010 by vyrox]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Hey This place is good (most of the time)

Posting is good, don't worry about getting torn apart haha Some peoples kids

Just dont swear or raze anyone and you should be okay

Good luck on the research

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS from another who can only buy 6 packs at the pizza place, a case at the distributor and liquor at the state liquor store. Yeah, there's gotta be a conspiracy there.
There might be some useful info for you in the Freshman's Forum. Common sense, respect and courtesy will take you a long way around here although the memo hasn't reached everyone yet.
I'll see you around I'm sure!

[edit on 8/5/2010 by Three_moons]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Welcome to the site! What kind of phone do you have, just out of curiousity? I have an older iphone, and it takes forever to load ATS forums

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Three_moons

No way! It'd be really funny if you were talking about the market st sports bar! (Its also called franks)!
Oh, and don't worry, common sense is one thing I'm good at.
Also, thanks for the help!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by State of Mind

I have the samsung solstice.
...POS, its java run.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/defc94b0682e.gif[/atsimg]

Welcome, Jay. Don't be put off by the dark and controversial nature of ATS. ATS is the weighstation on the boundaries of Reality, with Rod Serling and Alfred Hitchcock leaning on the mantel. What an interesting duo THAT would be. But that's why we're here — to assess information for its value to our wellbeing, using this monstrosity known as the Internet to grapple with myriad information sources to facilitate our confirmation or refutation of what some people call REALITY.

That's the paraphrased mission statement of ATS, right?

As a weighstation of what is true or false, you can imagine that every sort of bizarre activist and manipulator of reason >>

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Thanks a lot doc, best welcome I ever had! I'm glad to be home.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by noworldorder2012

WELCOME TO ATS!

i'm not going to offer too much advice, as we enjoy free thinkers here from all directions.

and since previous posters have offered some decent advice prior to my post, i would just like to welcome you to ATS.

i hope you enjoy the experience, and help us learn something along the way.

yes, i am more a student than a teacher sometimes.

ats is fun,
et

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Hiya, Jay.

Welcome. Glad you're here.

See you around.

top topics

join