It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haunted Baseball Fields?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I live across the street from a school, and there are baseball fields right next to the school. Long summer nights have led a few friends and me to walk around the baseball fields just for fun. There is a running track on the outside of the fields, so we decided to walk around this part. We have discovered many odd things about it. One night, we went and saw many shadows. One obscured the bottom 1/4 of a pole. Another was seen sitting down on a field.

One instance I remember clearly is when we attempted to walk all the way around the field at midnight. As we approached it, a door was open in the tower in the middle. During baseball season, this tower was used for people to add the scores to the signs electronically and whatnot.(Sorry, I do not play baseball, so I have no clue what those people are called.
) Also, announcers would commentate certain games. A door was open to this building, and there are around 16 box lights on the outer ceiling. My brother recalls seeing something three feet off the ground, covering a light, then moving on to another light, and doing the same to that one until it went all the way around the building, then disappeared.

In the open door was a big red mass, which could have just been an object in the room, now that I think about it, but at the time, it was quite eery. Also, my parents tell stories of a house we used to live in when I was really young. They would see an Indian chief walk down the hallway, turn his head, then disappear. They never felt fear from thiss apparition; they felt like it was attempting to protect us.

With this thread, I would like to know possible explanations or similar stories.

EDIT: Also, one of the friends that was with us for most of the 'adventures' has reported messing with a ouija board. This was before most of these occurences happened.

[edit on 8/4/10 by last_resort]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
That's an awesome read. I've never really had anything like that happen to me personally, I mean...I've been in some weird places but nothing where shadows roamed. My friend however told me of a story about his house when his parents (or grandparents, uncles...someone) were practicing witchcraft/voodoo for whatever reason. He told me that him and his sister were in their kitchen when a dark figure appeared. This is what I thought of when you had said about your Indian Chief friend, except my friend's apparition was a lot different. It was a tall figure standing in the corner of an already dark/black room but this thing was darker than darkness itself. He said it just stood there, somewhat lifted its head to look at them, and it pointed at them. That was the most scared he said they'd ever been. So yeah, quite different but still interesting. Also, I must admit I see peripheral shadows all the time. So, I don't know maybe I have seen shadow figures just not straight on.

Also, possibly a stretch of an explanation might be something similar to this: I've read different places that spirits live on Earth (simply in a different "dimension", if you will) and basically live just like we do except without bodies or possibly even any sort of physical objects. Maybe they were just revisiting their old baseball field? Dunno, just a thought tho.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
If you subscribe to one of the theories about why ghosts haunt certain places, I guess a baseball field would qualify. The theory goes that ghosts are "created" or drawn to places with a strong emotional attachment. If could see how a ball field might cause these emotional attachments for some people and thus, could be haunted.

One thing that I would suggest you and your friend do would be to take a camera out there some night and snap some photos. You might not get anything but then again, you might. With it being outdoors, I would be very wary of false "orbs" as the outdoors are notorious for creating them.

As far as stories that I have about things like this, I've got tons. More than I could post here easily. I'll do my best to post some of them on here in the near future though.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Hmm... Thank you for all the posts.

Philo, I don't know how long the field has been around, but the school was made around 15 years ago. I believe they were both made at the same time, so I am not entirely sure if they were visiting their 'old' baseball field...

The theory goes that ghosts are "created" or drawn to places with a strong emotional attachment. If could see how a ball field might cause these emotional attachments for some people and thus, could be haunted.

That would be a good way to think of it... Most of the friends have moved, but I might be able to persuade my brother to go out there with me one night and take pictures.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by last_resort

Step one if I was you would be to check out what used to be on that land. Depending on where you are, it could have been a battle field or something. It could have been an old school, or an old complex of sorts. That follows the theory that "ghosts" or what have you go back to where they want to...if you follow me.

If you subscribe to the "ghost are brought about by living people" (for lack of a better way to put it) the fact that you are seeing these things around a very emotional place, what with kids hopes and dreams on the line, along with their parents, that could be the explanation.

Bring a camera next time, like another poster said.

Also, I would like to add that just because it may feels "eerie" or "creepy" doesn't mean these entities are meaning to be that way. I'd approach the situation with caution, but not fear unless given a reason to fear.

top topics

join