It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Illegal immigrant crashes, killing VA Nun- injuring two others.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

WASHINGTON — An illegal immigrant awaiting a deportation ruling has been charged with killing a nun and critically injuring two others in a drunken driving crash that has sparked criticism of how immigration enforcement is handled.

A local official in the Virginia suburb where the crash happened and a congressman from another state have criticized federal officials for not removing the suspect from the country after previous arrests, and even U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano questioned why his deportation was taking so long. A spokeswoman for the nuns' order, meanwhile, said they're upset that the tragedy is being politicized.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Sister Glenna Smith, a spokeswoman for the Benedictine Sisters, said Tuesday that "we are dismayed" by reports that the crash . . . is focusing attention on the man's status as an alleged illegal immigrant. Critics of federal immigration policy have seized on the crash. "He's a child of God and deserves to be treated with dignity," Smith said of the driver, Carlos A. Martinelly Montano. "I don't want to make a pro- or anti-immigrant statement but simply a point that he is an individual human person and we will be approaching him with mercy. Denise, of all us, would be the first to offer forgiveness." . . . "We are also confident that responses of mercy and forgiveness, though not usually easy, are not optional for Christians," read the order's statement on Tuesday.

newsweek.washingtonpost.com...

I am surprised nobody has posted this yet. I truly am sorry if I missed it searching.

I am in awe of the humbling capacity for forgiveness that these nuns are showing the world... right or wrong, all issues aside, it is humbling and awe-inspiring, in light of how truly hair trigger this issue is... I really doubt my power of forgiveness in the light of this kind of tragedy. It would have to be a Divinely given grace, for sure.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by thegoodearth]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
great i can't wait until these scum bags make it to my neighborhood

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
this is so wrong on so many levels

yeah that nun did what nuns do i couldnt do it
but then agian im not a nun

i have major problems with illegals killing legal residents
i have major problems with illegals suing residents and winning
i have major problems with illegals getting free healthcare,welfare,and social security

because noone will die from someone who shouldnt be here to begin with.

if you want to come do it legally and if u dont you want to break the law
you want to get behind a wheel and drive drunk

WE DONT NEED YOU.

we- meaning me cause im only speaking for myself and noone else.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Wow, illegal alien crime is in the news a-lot these days

Recently US illegal aliens killed 1 million+ Iraqis and Afghanis...sigh.. will borders ever be respected?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I agree the illegal immigrant is a child of God, shame is his butt was on the wrong side of the border.

Illegal immigration kills.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

If borders truely worked, we'd have been spared your comment. sympathyers are nothing but traitors to this country. This is an ever growing problem, and should be dealt with in an adult manner, not in childish little comments from you. Glad school will soon be back in session and the kiddies will be back in school.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

It seems so, doesn't it.

Whenever the gov wants to start pushing on an issue, MSM starts publicizing it much more.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu

Recently US illegal aliens killed 1 million+ Iraqis and Afghanis...sigh.. will borders ever be respected?

You are implying exactly what? Spell it out for us?

Because it seems like you are saying that it's OK that an illegal - who had been arrested and released before by the feds - got drunk and killed this nun ... and you're OK with it because you don't like or believe in the wars in iraq and afghanistan. Tit for tat, illegal mexicans doing payback for the iraqis and people of afghanistan and it's all good.

Is that really what you want to admit to the rest of us that you believe?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Hate the sin, love the sinner.
The nuns are frelling inspiring aren't they?
I wish I was so forgiving.

And for those bringing up that the illegals are in the news a LOT lately, maybe you got your wording wrong, let me help you.

The illegal immigrants aka criminal invaders have not been in the news in the past.

There you go, I fixed it for YOU!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
this is so wrong on so many levels

yeah that nun did what nuns do i couldnt do it
but then agian im not a nun

i have major problems with illegals killing legal residents
i have major problems with illegals suing residents and winning
i have major problems with illegals getting free healthcare,welfare,and social security

because noone will die from someone who shouldnt be here to begin with.

if you want to come do it legally and if u dont you want to break the law
you want to get behind a wheel and drive drunk

WE DONT NEED YOU.

we- meaning me cause im only speaking for myself and noone else.

I have major problems with politicians (any party) who seem to think that defending the borders, our borders, amounts to human rights violations. I'm afraid if our politicos keep this up, human rights violations at the border will be the last thing on their minds!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

You are implying exactly what? Spell it out for us?

Because it seems like you are saying that it's OK that an illegal - who had been arrested and released before by the feds - got drunk and killed this nun ... and you're OK with it because you don't like or believe in the wars in iraq and afghanistan. Tit for tat, illegal mexicans doing payback for the iraqis and people of afghanistan and it's all good.

Is that really what you want to admit to the rest of us that you believe?

Close. If official US policy is to ignore other countries borders, and to call US citizens who illegally cross into other nations lost "hikers"..I see no reason Mexican "hikers" (lol) who get lost on US soil (LMAO) should care about the US border.

US citizens illegal aliens in Iraq working for blackwater ignore local laws with impunity.. shocked when lost hikers from mexico do the same? I'm not. I see mexicans following Americas example and see no reason to complain relative to Iraqis who watch uninvited armed illegals summarily slaughter people on a daily basis.

"Do as we say, not as we do".. what goes around, comes around and karma can be a bitch. Anyone who ignores laws or borders of others, should expect their laws & borders to be ignored.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
reply to post by GovtFlu

If borders truely worked, we'd have been spared your comment. sympathyers are nothing but traitors to this country. This is an ever growing problem, and should be dealt with in an adult manner, not in childish little comments from you. Glad school will soon be back in session and the kiddies will be back in school.

Interesting.. "sympathizers" who side with the US in Iraq are traitors as well, so you understand why they are hated and killed.

I'm loyal to myself and loved ones with no allegiance to GOP/DNC DC mafia policies or their attempts to gain my un-earned loyalty with nationalism propaganda ... republicans & democrats I have never voted for created enemies, not me.. I don't have any.. anyone who comes to my neighborhood with violent designs... might be my enemy if I'm still around when they get there.

I don't let DC mafia elitists pick fights for me, tell me who my enemies are, who I should like, fear or support.. I don't need to be "led" or require a "leader" either... if independence makes me a traitor, so be it. The founding fathers & 1930s Germans horrified at the nazi party were called traitors too, so I can live with that.

The DC mafioso ignores foreign borders as a matter of official policy, it should be no surprise foreigners ignore US borders..

I don't even see this as an illegal alien issue, an intoxicated fool with as much concern for US borders as US has for Iraqs borders was involved in a deadly DUI accident.. bummer, but not as bad a blackwater illegals opening fire on a crowd.. all things being relative.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
reply to post by GovtFlu

Interesting.. "sympathizers" who side with the US in Iraq are traitors as well, so you understand why they are hated and killed.

I'm loyal to myself and loved ones with no allegiance to GOP/DNC DC mafia policies or their attempts to gain my un-earned loyalty with nationalism propaganda ... republicans & democrats I have never voted for created enemies, not me.. I don't have any.. anyone who comes to my neighborhood with violent designs... might be my enemy if I'm still around when they get there.

I don't let DC mafia elitists pick fights for me, tell me who my enemies are, who I should like, fear or support.. I don't need to be "led" or require a "leader" either... if independence makes me a traitor, so be it. The founding fathers & 1930s Germans horrified at the nazi party were called traitors too, so I can live with that.

The DC mafioso ignores foreign borders as a matter of official policy, it should be no surprise foreigners ignore US borders..

I don't even see this as an illegal alien issue, an intoxicated fool with as much concern for US borders as US has for Iraqs borders was involved in a deadly DUI accident.. bummer, but not as bad a blackwater illegals opening fire on a crowd.. all things being relative.

I'm really waiting to hear a response to this last comment.

2nd line

new topics

top topics

join