It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurting the Homeless : What Would You Do In This Situation If You Were There...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
My brother just got out of prison "again". He is hopeless ! He doesn't care

about any human being on the planet. He robbed my parents several times. He

maxed out their credit cards worth 30 grand each. Sent my Father to the grave.

Turned his four children into heroine addicts. Got his inheritance from my Father

and blew it all in 1 month on drugs. Now he needs a place to stay. Well he is

not staying with me I do not trust him. And if that offends any one sorry-but

I wanna live to see tomorrow, my four children(grown), grandchildren (8). My

other brother and sister will not take him in either. He is a compulsive liar

and you would not want to meet him ! I feel terrible-but he has never had it

hard-mom handed him everything for 47 years. And knew he had a huge

drug problem-she still fed the beast. I refuse to put my self and my husband

through getting ripped totally off by family. So I choose to just say Hell-No !

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Any time I am approached by a homeless person and asked for money, I give at least $1 and if I have change, $5.

Its none of my biz if they are buying booze or dope. I feel but for the grace of God, I am not drug addicted or homeless.

If I were to foresake these people, how am I any different than a greedy Bilderburger?

As far as the homeless man is concerned, anybody who lives in doors with a kitchen full of food, IS RICH!

The NWO has so completely filled our pop culture with images of violence, that we are losing teenagers.

The evil ones take great solice in watching the rest of us squabble for crumbs. It elevates them to non-animal status.

Winning the war of greed, violence and corruption starts with us. Its too easy to sit back and point fingers at crooked politicians and shake our fists at faceless cabals.

Why should they, or God, have mecry on us if we place conditions on our charity to the homeless.

Along the same lines, it is becoming increasingly difficult to justify my opinion that all the Mexicans be sent back or be suspicious of Muslims.

I have become self righteous and expectant that I have some kind of God given right to make a lot of money

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I watch WWYD all the time. When the Bum Bashing episode ran, and I was watching the kids filming themselves torturing and beating and burning these human beings, it left me with a very real sense of anger and pity. I adhor violence against the innocent.

These teenagers should be identified, detained and beaten within an inch of their life. They should be tortured in the exact manner that they torture.

This is just another example of how primitive mankind still is. For all of our advances in science, medicine and technology...we are still just cavemen throwing stones.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I agree that in America (United States), as well as any other country that relies heavily on a capitalist government (in our case one that is conducted by hegemony, which allows little sympathy for the "peasantry") it is next to impossible to find the state of being known as "job security". I say this because, as mentioned in the original post anyone of us can become penniless. Never, I repeat never were the glory days of capitalism. Only times where a job could secure you more frequently, but no more static than a spinning-top approaching some inevitable moment of non-movement. Homelessness, just like crime and (armed robbery, burglary, drug trafficking, prostitution) are all bi-products of capitalism. Without these things, we fail to maintain a moral-majority in many aspects. Not only that, it is because of the very nature of capitalism that these things happen. One must have capital, therefor he must not lose it by any means and only buy/sell what grows as the mossy profit outside that capital. Hence, one must be at a level above another to retain an ability to do so. One must be the employer, the other the employee. The businessman, the client.

Unfortunately, like all systems that depend on a ladder. Crap rolls down hill. You get homeless people, you get tweakers, you get hookers, you get any manner of lewdness that corrupts the idealized peace portrayed by the mass-market and media outlets. Something doesn't feel right, obviously because the system is beyond repair. It is in all intents and purposes a machine that breeds crime, vagrancy and at the top levels dissension, government influence and war-crimes too numerous to count. You can look inside internally for that good spirit to help your fellow man, but that's pissing in th breeze. How about, work towards an end to create a better climate, for all human life... American or otherwise?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
To me the fact that these people were homeless is irrelevant.

The relevant point here is gratuitous, senseless violence - and even worse, the thirst these young people seem to have for that violence and the pleasure they espress in carrying it out.

That is the main point, as far as I am concerned. It is an abomination from hell and NO-ONE should every be subjected to it.

What would I have done? - Let's say these animals would deserve whatever they would have received.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by wcitizen]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
In Orlando it is illegal to feed the homeless. To be more specific, you cannot create a gathering of 25 people or more where food is served.

The local lingo actually has internalized the concept of "Baker Act" into a verb:

I've heard people say, "My parents baker acted me." or "She got baker acted for it."

Regarding fear of the homeless:

We are all exactly the same. The difference between a homeless person and a middle-class home-owner is merely possessions and self image. We are all affected by the system, just in different ways due to different circumstances.

On a similar note, the fact that homelessness exists is a direct result of our society and the way we live. We are walking through a massive forest and we can only make out trees in our proximity. We cannot make out the larger, overriding concepts that create the forest as a whole.

Think about it, every time you see or hear violence, poverty, addiction, war and all these other manifestations, you are really experiencing ripples in our society that reveal small glimpses of the inequity that exists due to the extreme wealth and power you see and hear about on the TV and in the newspapers.

In order for the rich to exist, homeless must exist as well. In order for wealthy, super-rich nations to exist, others must exist in extreme poverty and famine.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

I can't help wondering whether the extremely violent video games which young people play - often for hours on end and often from a young age, could encourage this kind of abnormal behaviour.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

No, you cannot blame video games for sheer lack of human emotion. There's right, wrong and what's in between. This doesn't fall into any other category other than wrong. If you truthfully don't have the knowledge to understand that wantonly beating someone for no reason but them not having a home, then you need to be evaluated on a psychiatric level.

I grew up with grand theft auto, doom, wolfenstein and all those other violence, "disregard life" type games. And contrary to your belief, I personally think it has HELPED me. Sometimes when I'm frustrated, I'll hop on my Call of duty and go blast on some people for an hour. It gets my frustrations out in a non-violent manner.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by zarp3333
As far as the homeless man is concerned, anybody who lives in doors with a kitchen full of food, IS RICH!

I completely agree, and thank-you for reminding me of this fact. I try to remind myself every day how thankful I am; that despite technically being "poor" (and like many, a paycheck away from being in the same boat,) I am extremely fortunate.

Some days I slip into complacency, though. So thank you for reminding me.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Then theres the opposite view......

www.truecrimereport.com...

How about that guy?
OR This?

www.trendhunter.com...

any thoughts?

[edit on 5-8-2010 by stirling]

international flavour
www.asiaone.com...

Sex angle
www.createpeaceathome.org...

And mulitples.....
uspoverty.change.org...

A bit more information for you edification....Its not easy being homeless in america...you know...the land of the safe streets......

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Guys, listen up. The video that the topic creator posted was BIASED.

I USE TO LIVE IN THAT TOWN AT A CERTAIN POINT! There are NO homeless people in that town because it is a high income area. Therefore people are sure as heck going to stop people from beating a homeless person BECAUSE the area is a moderate population town, NOT THE CITY NOT A GHETTO, NOT A LOW INCOME AREA.

See , if this was in New York, you will not see anyone trying to stop people from beating on a homeless person. It is normal for homeless people to be around so you just learn to ignore them.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by fordrew]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
George Washington made all men free....
But Samuel Colt made them equal....
Im 65 yrs old next january....its not my place to jump willy nilly into a dust up for physical fisticuffs anymore.
But my hands are rock steady, and i still can shoot a perfect score...if more slowly than i used to.
The concealed carry permit has brought back the power that many many laws removed from the individual.
To save any life from being taken by violent people, and protect yourself from harm, theres nothing that succeeds like an intense will to live, and a padded concealed carry sidearm.
May it always be the right of free men to protect themselves from predation no matter who the predator may be................

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Depends on the situation..

If its a group. I'm going to call the cops and say these exact words "I see some guys beating another guy and I think I can see a gun."

I use the word gun because that will make a much faster and harsher police response.

One person, armed with a melee weapon of sorts. I will do my best to sneak up on, and disarm.

Two homeless guys fighting? I'll buy them both a sandwich and a beer if they stop.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Felt good watching the video that people stepped in to protect the (actor) homeless man & woman who they thought were real. Thank you for sharing it.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

I can't help wondering whether the extremely violent video games which young people play - often for hours on end and often from a young age, could encourage this kind of abnormal behaviour.

Nope video games has nothing to do with it. I am an avid gamer myself.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I should note that even some groups I would possibly intervene if they were unarmed..

As I can see in some of the videos those kids were not very strong, or accurate.

An un-trained persons punch and kick can be very weak, slow, and hardly hurts.

I know this from sparring in karate.. You can see even from a distance whether someones strike will be effective or not. Most of the people Ihave sparred against, even after a few months of Karate were still very slow and weak.. even though you can easily walk away with arms that feel like rubber if you put any effort into training.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ozzy765

I wouldnt "help" your brother by taking him in either. Mostly, because it would not be helping him.

Doesnt mean if I walked past your brother on the street I would not give him 5-10 bucks if it felt like the right thing to do in the moment, but your situation is very different from the person who just passes him in the street.

I know you must feel bad about not being able to help him, and I am sure you wish he would change, but you are not wrong in your decision.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
- Funny that some people say the homeless ones can be insane...and the kids that spank them? Are sane ones?!

- Funny also how some others try to "hidde" the problem, or putting it away, saying the ones in charge must create a kind of "asylums", and get the homeless ones off of the streets, in order they can be safe...but resolving the root of the problem will remain...and this kind of monsters that have fun spanking and torturing inocent souls will continue to do the same. No homeless?...for sure they will find something else to have fun...maybe they start to enter at night in your houses and spank or torch your famillys just for fun...maybe at that time you start to figure how this is OUR problem, a problem that sooner or later will affect ALL of us!

This is a sindrome! It cames from several problems all toguether that started like 20 to 30 years ago!

- First perents start to not have the proper time to educate they'r childrens due to a total lack of time, because they bouth need to work.

- Second the "new age" phsycology starts to spread in all schools and parents minds saying that it is horrific to "touch"/Spank our childrens to educate them when they act wrongly. So...no yelling no spank no whatever to this new "little kings" that starts to grow up knowing that they can do what ever they want that no harm will came for them.

- Third...They discover the wonderfull wolrd of Videogames!!!... ... and we start to assist after some years of exelent and inteligent games. A "New order" of games ...where it is SO FUN to drive a car and smash a granny walking in the road, enter in a shop kill the guy working there and start to crash all the place...just because...IT IS SO FUNNY!!... ... ...
How in this world can we espect that if kids playing that monstrousitys for some years, and in the middle of they'r natural growing formation, can in fact grow up knowing what is correct and what is not?! They'r sence of reality will be totaly twisted and deformed!!

In fact they really continue to act like a pseudo-child years later....
First they start to torture they'r pets. Nobody "Slaps" them in the face..so they came to the streets and start to torture cats, dogs, birds, whatever...nobody slaps them also?.,,,so they envolve to Humans....again they are testing the "Grown ups"... ... ..."Let's start to torture homeless ones and see if no harm came to us... ..." Just God will know what they will want to do next if they notice that they can do this at free will that no real harm came to them again!...

In my country, Portugal, this phenomena is just starting slowly...because the "animal torture" fase is ended... ...the "Rape a girl/women" fase is boring already, so they need new FUNNY ways to pass the time...
We tend to forget this new teens we have this days have in fact parents, and they could be our sons!.. ... ... do you know for sure...where is your son right now ?!... ... ...check again! ...You could have a nasty surprise!
I hope not tough!

As i started this is a sindrome of several long term problems.
What i refer later is just a kind of summary, because each point it is in fact much more complex and need it almoust a full topic for each of one to be properly explained.

Everything happens by fases...fases that take several years, and we are so busy living our lives all that years , that one day we just wake up and we just dont know how something as be possible to be happening!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Thanks for your reply I really appreciate it ! It has been an emotional hell on the whole family. Again-thanks

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sphota

We are all exactly the same. The difference between a homeless person and a middle-class home-owner is merely possessions and self image. We are all affected by the system, just in different ways due to different circumstances.

On a similar note, the fact that homelessness exists is a direct result of our society and the way we live. We are walking through a massive forest and we can only make out trees in our proximity. We cannot make out the larger, overriding concepts that create the forest as a whole.

Think about it, every time you see or hear violence, poverty, addiction, war and all these other manifestations, you are really experiencing ripples in our society that reveal small glimpses of the inequity that exists due to the extreme wealth and power you see and hear about on the TV and in the newspapers.

In order for the rich to exist, homeless must exist as well. In order for wealthy, super-rich nations to exist, others must exist in extreme poverty and famine.

I think you've captured the thread in one definitive post.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join