It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurting the Homeless : What Would You Do In This Situation If You Were There...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstar02
What is it about people that makes some think they are far superior to others? The fact that some people have the mentality that because they are privileged or not in the same situation as these people, that they can beat them is sickening.

We're all humans. Black, white, latino, asian, male, female, rich, poor. I can't even begin to understand the mentality of people who do this. To cause someone pain whose already down on their luck or in a bad way is disgusting. It really makes me wonder how we've managed to survive as a race this long....

Sad thing is those supposed mentalities are considered the norm smh and its clear those are sick minded individuals to behave like that to another human. This is just another reason why some genes will make a difference while other genes will seep into darkness forever. My mom taught me well about the compassions for others so wth happen to them?? GENES!!!not color-not race-not even financial status GENES. I can remember my mom giving her jacket to a homless person before and I remember asking her why and remember her saying that if she got it to give then she will, and that typ of stuff stayed with me today think it biols down to compassion and empathy

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Please excuse this double post..

[edit on 8/5/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Having experienced homelessness first hand I find the generalizations posed by the author to be negative stereotypes and by no means representative of the homeless population at large. Sure the most visible examples of the homeless are alcoholics, drug addicts, elderly, and mentally infirm. Most of them accept their situation and don't seem concerned with improving it. However unemployment's way up, as are evictions and foreclosures, more and more decent folk going homeless everyday, it's clear the homeless population is rising, and they're not just the dregs of ssociety.
Myself I was fortunate, an organization named FISH rescued me. That put me up for a week in the local hotel, and they found me a job loading sides of beef onto refrigerator trucks at the slaughter house. It was all I needed to get back on my feet. Throughout my life I've discovered that living by the rules, do no wrong, sort of attitude, is an empty tasteless exsistence. What really gives satisfacction is having values and the opportunity to defend them. A lot of poeple out there needing help right now and a lot more are on the way. You don't have to help them, it's not your responsibility, but think of the satisfaction in demonstrating that there's still some good in the world.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
mentally ill,

especially when you see someone use that money for booze.

Or drugs.

If i saw a homeless person being beaten on the street the least I would do is use my cell phone to photograph the beating and call 911.
If a weapon was used i would use my walking stick and beat the h**l out of the punks.
My walking stick is a two piece hardwood stick about 5 1/2 feet long.
and i have been trained in Arnis (Doble Baston/Bangkawa) Filipino martial art. A stick fighting system.

Just an FYI - Hapkido also has a whole array of easy to learn manuevers involving a cane and walking stick. Little old korean men have been kicking ass for centuries.

Also post encounter never explain to the police that you have had specific training with a cane or stick as it could put you in legal jeopardy. If you have been trained to use your cane, a case can be made that you used a lethal weapon as opposed to a walking stick to defend yourself.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I want to see roads made into creating alternative homes for the homeless, and no, shelters and soup kitchens are bandaids, this is not acceptible. Mental illness is actually physical disability, and there is no way shape or form I support this banking, forced enslavement system anyway.

Land should be set atside, not one parcel either for tents, and eco homes, gardens and volunteers to help them grow food, and be self sufficient, and deal with the medicare needs, medical needs, alternative health remedies, lots of vit, c and b3/niacin, potassium/magnesium and various health alternatives in large doses. And meditation, sky watching, healing, non religious spirituality, never forcing but encouraging, skills, woodworking and crafts, inventions, writing, helping others, think tanks so they can share and write their articles and become a movement for changing the world.

Moving up to bigger forms of the eco village and being contributing members if they are healed enough.

I've had enough of this situation.

I've literally seen, small homes on wheels, like gypsy caravans with domed greenhouses in two pieces also on wheels. I believe changes for this world come from the bottom up and the homeless to me are the real citizens of this world and a shining example of how corrupt our world is. I don't care about their personal issues either.

I don't believe in slavery.

www.tumbleweedhouses.com...
Tiny house plans, this is an example. His is on wheels. To me the poorest are the greatest in this world and walking the path of kings, ie. they are often the ones making the biggest leaps for soul progression. And they count so very much.

Also, there are large numbers who are not disabled or substance abusers, but are children running away from massive abuse, and families losing homes.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I'd step in. I always step in if I feel like there's a need. Unfortunately I dont put much forethought into much of anything I do and sometimes put myself in a hairy position. Then again, if I stopped to think I'd might not step in at all??

I've been cussed at and threatened breaking up a fight where 3 boys were beating up another after school while picking up my boy. I couldnt believe that I was the only parent that did so?? We wait in our car a block or 2 down waiting for the kids to get out so there are always liitle heathens walking to and fro. These guys were pushing this little guy down, so hard his shoe flew off and he rolled into the street. Poor thing was crying, books everywhere, hands scraped up. As I was screaming like a lunatic, I'm sure, I had a passing thought of...'why is noone else getting out??'. The boys stopped pretty much right away and I helped the little guy with his books and shoe. I was telling those boys what little f'ers I thought they were for being bullies. One boy said...'but I'm his brother...' OMG...That young man was crying when I was done with him. When I walked back to my car I was really angry, at the boys and at the parents who didnt help or step in. I remember looking at these folks when I walked past them trying to understand their innactions. Everyone of those parents averted their gaze from mine..I secretly hoped they were all extremely ashamed of themselves too. When I got to the car my little girl stood up and clapped, said 'yay, mommy, ur brave'. Made me feel even better too.

I've been popped in the eye by the neighborhood drunk who just happens to live next door. He was out arguing with his wife, who's also a bit of a drunky. He started grabbing at her real rough and pushing her. The car was still in motion when I got out( see? no forethought of 'oh #, I might wanna wait til the cars not rolling') I tried pulling her out of the way and he promptly dotted my eye. He was very sorry afterward, cried like they do, drunkies, I mean and he went to jail for the night.

I've realized people dont even help when they wouldnt be put in harms way, which really perplexes me??? There was a young man, obviously handicaped bcuz he was in a wheelchair. He tried to get up on the curb, not at the light where he could get on the walk but mid-block wheres theres no ramp. I'm watching this guy and thinking how stubborn he is just rocking his chair back and forth. He flipped his chair and did a face plant. I looked around like I do to gauge evryones reaction, some laughed and some were just staring. Put my car in park and got out to help him, he bitched the whole time bcuz I wasnt doing it right and he didnt need my help anyway...cantankerous and grouchy. I thought it was kinda amusing. Anyway, the crapper is that I was at a light that had turned green and those people were actually angry at me for blocking their way?? Peopl can really be jackasses, doesnt compute??

Yeah, I step in and I teach my kids the same if they see another kid being hurt, that or get help. I think we're obligated to step in when others need us to. Where's the compassion? Where's the empathy?

Kim

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I would most certainly get involved and help in anyway possible.People are people i see nothing different between a billionare and a homeless individual other than the arrogance the billionare more than likely has and the loving nature of the homeless who just need a helping hand or just a friend to speak to.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I would intervene...without a second thought.

I'm 6'2", 250lbs and learned how to fight early on. I was a bully back in school...but, a bully to the bullies. I was the one who beat the crap out of the guy on the bus who was picking on the little kid. I have always hated people who abuse their power. Which is probably part of the reason I like ATS...because I hate when others abuse power (government, TPTB, etc.).

I learned early on that a people can (and I think...should) be judged by how they treat the weakest. And personally, I think that anyone who wouldn't get involved (in some way) should hang their head in shame and crawl back into their hole. It is only by helping, protecting and caring that a society keeps from falling into anarchy. And then where would you "enablers" be? Maybe...you would be the next target.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Darwinism is a cold truth to reality. We live in this cold and cruel word, which many of us try to ignore because its dark. Since I have many-many support systems in place, I would never fall through the cracks. I have many family members, and they all look out for each other. I will always have a fighting chance, and I will also help my family members when they are in need.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Section31]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
As a smallish woman I don't think I would try to intervene physically, as I could easily be fought off. I would, however, be very vocal and I would call the police IMMEDIATELY (probably 911 for a faster response) -- not wait until the victim was beaten to a pulp.

I think teenagers are more cruel in many ways than older adults. I have seen them abusing animals and smaller children fairly often, all the while laughing. My personal theory is that many of these kids who have no compassion have never suffered seriously. They lack the capacity for empathy. There's also this mob mentality that seems to take over groups of teenagers in many instances.

I know it is commonly thought that abusive kids have been victims of abuse themselves, and in many instances I'm sure that's true. But abusing others in turn is not a way to deal with these feelings and they should learn this early; their behavior should not be allowed to slide because they are "just kids." If they begin such behavior patterns early it is likely they will continue them into later life if there is no intervention.

I also blame the parents or other custodial adults. We as a society have almost zero compassion for those we feel are not up to the Darwinian struggle for survival of the fittest, and those we believe are failures in life. These kids undoubtedly learn these attitudes from adults and/or those in positions of authority.

Society is in a large measure responsible for this type of behavior, but what a young person learns in the home, and his or her conscience and capacity for compassion and self-control, have an important role also.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Sestias]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I disagree about the blame of the adults. In general this is the right attitude for we must not judge anyone, this world is run like a giant mafia system for the bloodlines and profiteers, the Saturn Boys, and even they need our compassion.

But when this is caught on video, some of it is gang related, groups of bullies,dares, that kind of thing, possibly. I feel some of it is work of black ops, and even ritualistic groups, also propagated by the Saturn group who spread trauma, fear and violence, divisions as control mechanisms and set up most of the dark elements and groups. In addition, I believe that the whole advancement mechanism for the control jobs, including police and realtors and the movie industry, occurs by spreading the guilt around, and keeping people in line with fear, and dark organized "cults". So I see this as being done to us. There is no way this is coming through the children without adult input, except for some circumstances, especially if any of it is ritualistic cult or gang mafia stuff. The parents must be involved in some way.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

No, just a CRIME. PHYSICAL ASSAULT ("battery"), is a serious crime, sometimes a FELONY. It should be prosecuted, and the offender punished, no matter who, the victim is.
And, YES, I would help. I have. I will. It is my "duty", as a human being. I wish more, felt the same.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Patriotgal]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
First I would call 911. I wouldn't give these thugs the benefit of a warning. I know I would have tackled the kid with the bat. I've been in this situation before... My wife and I were driving out of a grocery store parking lot and noticed two teens confronting a grocery clerk up against the parking lot fence. One of the teens had a bat. I stopped the car after my wife pleaded for me not to get out of the car. I just couldn't let this young clerk get the crap beat out of him. So I got out of the car and walked up to the teens and said, "get the hell out of here before I call the cops." (This incident was before we had cell phones). The teens were trying to justify to me why this clerk needed a beating. I used enough intimidation on the teen with the bat that they decided it was in their best interest to flee. What surprised me later was the clerk was so scared he ran back into the store without thanking me. I think the reason I don't question myself before doing something like this is because I'm a CAD teacher in an inner city school district. I'm used to breaking up fights among high school teens and have had to wrestle a few of these young thugs to the floor. Many teens today are really mean and disrespectful.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
i would intervene my self, and in a real situation there would be no mercy personaly i am always with a knife i dont leave the house with out one almost ever and id use it if they were armed and i felt threatend. i spent 6 months living on the streets i dont say homeless cuzz i could have gone back home at anytime i lived in a graveyard in a empty mosuleum. and i became friends with many of the homeless in baltimore . most were there because of reasons beyond there control and deserve the same respect as anyone else. if i ever see this happen you can bet your ass i will intervene. behaviour like this makes me sick. no wonder i feel the human race is so low.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
If I were there? I would beat those people halfway to death, and then throw them in a dumpster where they belong. People like that are the worst scum of the Earth.

And just to clarify, I'm talking about the people doing the beating, not the homeless.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by David_Reale]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
well, I know that in my city people don't have much sympathy for the homeless, but this is just downright sick. They must have watched the movie "Kids" too much. They should be bouncers if they want to beat people up, but they look skinny and weak so they prob. can only attack weak victims. It's pathetic, I'd call the cops if I saw this, but I'm guessing they don't do it where other people can see.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I would have walked up like I wanted to participate in beating the homeless
guy.

"Hey man let me hit get a shot...I hate homeless trash."

Then I would have grabbed the bat and taken out all three before the cops or
anyone could have reacted. It would've been really ugly--I end up gone in jail
and three actors go to the hospital because of some pointless
social experiment....

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
In a way all of the people in this video that was so called helping did not do what i would have done.
I would without a doubt kicked all 3 of those punk's butt's.
Regardless if the had a bat or not.

This is exactly why you should whoop you kid's to learn them some respect and manner's...timeout's and taking there xbox away for a week don;t cut it folk's.

Our society in a whole has raised a the last few generation selfishly and rudely.
they care for nothing more than them self's and what they can get.

Now imagine my fellow conspiracy nut's...IN 20 year's one of these PUNKS we have allowed to be raised will be our president or congress man..

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This stuff makes me sick.
If I saw those sickening acts.
I would literally beat the living pulp out of those kids.
They deserve to be drowned in hobo urine.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Quick question. I know what I would have done, and would expect to go to jail for it. However, eventually, one of these shows is going to go to far. Who's gonna be responsible when this happens? what if one of those women would have had a ccww and felt threatened enough to shoot them? What if one of the men would have gotten out of the car with a tire iron? Irresponsible journlism. While they do raise some interesting points, they are also risking those actors lives, I wonder how much consideration is really given to this?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join