It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prehistoric Cave Paintings Discovered in Dominican Republic

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by signoregregorio

I sense a personal bias and want for these to be something more and an adherence to the adage "abscence of evidence is not evidence of absence." My personal bias is that it's insubstantial at this moment but promising.

I don't have any personal bias on this matter. If you would notice, in the OP I never said it was an alien in that photo.
When somebody else mentioned there was a resemblance to greys, I agreed. There is a similarity. But like when looking at clouds, to say something looks like an object is NOT saying it is that object.
In my opinion, that carving is not intended to look like an alien, but something else. What that something else is, I don't know.

And I disagree that an emotion is felt anytime a person looks at anything. A wall is a wall--big deal, not feelings one way or another. Grass is just grass--no emotions felt at all....

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Whats the scoop on the 61 cave paintings... any pictures of them yet? Am still excited to see what they drew.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I recently visited the cave in question. Most inhabitants of Cotui (the largest city near the cave(s) don't event know they exist. We spent over an hour following one lead to another unsuccessfully until accidently ran into Raul the guy who discovered them. It took almost 45 minutes of serious backwoods driving and then another 15 minutes of hiking to reach the cave. I believe carvings are authentic. This business of them being 5000 year old is a bit sketchy. I have several pics I would like to post but can't figure out how.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Nodicei

You can go here to upload your pictures: media.abovetopsecret.com...&message=1
You'll have to log in to the media.abovetopsecret site first.
Then copy the given link to embed in an ATS thread.

Or you can upload them somewhere else on the net and post the links here.
I'm really interested in your pictures, I hope you manage to post them.

edit on 1/8/11 by Movhisattva because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I believe there may be more than one cave. I did not see the first carving (the one that everybody refers to as "Ninja Turtle". I did however see the big one that looks like an "alien". There were several other carvings(no paintings) but not 61 as mentioned in the article. In the cave I was there were at best 4 or 5 carvings. I'm still having difficulties trying to upload the damn pics. I'm not an expert in anthropology nor archeology. However, I do see a consistent pattern of Taino crafts found that have the same exaggerated large eyes as the "alien" carving. On the other hand this could all very well be a hoax. However, some of the carvings were were more than 20 feet off the cave floor. It would have taken a ladder or some other means to get up that high.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
You say you have been there and seen all of them,and taken pictures.

Yet miraculosly you play dumb and refuse to upload them,I doubt many people have even seen them yet.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Okay nay sayer...go to facebook.com and enter the words Cotui Caves in the search block. Hope you like what you see.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I'm sorry...anyone else wanna doubt that I saw the cave carvings in question?

www.facebook.com enter Cotui Caves in the the search box...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Now I know why sane men get angry....It's because they are haunted by the men and women who scream ignorance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join