It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chasing Mummies? Is this show for real?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Okay, I am watching TV (hardly ever do), and I am on this show Chasing Mummies. Is this for real? Seriously? Zahi Hawass just took the camera crew out in the middle of the desert with no food or water?? This whole thing seems like a complete set up. I know he thinks he is god?? but this show really seems to be ridiculous. Has anyone else watch any of these shows? This is like watching a train wreck that you can't turn away from. Just Bad. Really thought it might be interesting, but it seems its all about Hawass, not the mummies???

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
The actual name of the show is, Chasing Mummies: The Adventures of Zahi Hawass.

I think that should answer your question.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I had it on briefly today and I thought it was terrible. It was like a bad reality show with a really bad script and bad acting.
The show premise has so much potential, but I think they screwed it up. The history channel should not be doing reality shows.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
From being on this site for a number of years Hawass is known to be a bullcrapper. In addition most if not all reality shows are scripted. I do watch it because Hawass is the center of all research in Egypt but by no means is he an expert. Hes probably the a hole that gets paid by the egyptian govt to control all the research being done. It seems to hamper all the legitimate research. From what I understand hes also the reason nobody can dig under the sphinx to see if there is a secret library or room.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The whole thing seems completely fake!! It doesn't even seem like a reality show?? It all seems like Really Bad Acting. This girl follows Hawass around like a puppy dog asking absolutely stupid questions! Hawass is yelling at everyone about no pictures and don't touch anything! This is pitiful. It should be call just Hawass. I just had to see if anyone else felt the same. I can't believe the History channel is even airing this. And people make fun of the Ancient Alien series. I just don't get it??

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I watched the first couple of episodes of the show. I didn't think it was possible but I dislike Hawass even more than I did. What an egotistical jerk he is--constantly barking and yelling at everyone.
Is he really the face Egypt wants to put on their archeology program???

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Apparently none of you have met very many famous people. Lol. Hawass isnt all that different from many people at the top of their fields, he is just willing to be on camera while doing what he does, and most of them throw their hissy fits off camera and then pose and act all normal on camera.

I think he is funny. I love how he fires everyone constantly. Lol.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Yes, I can not believe that Egypt allows him to hold such power over their entire country like he does. He is sooo closed minded that he will not even listen to anyone who does not completely agree with him. How can new discoveries be made if you do not learn and listen to those around you. He just dismisses everyone immediately. How can one man hold so much power?? Think of all the things we as a world could be missing because of this one man!! He will not allow new ideas and rarely allows these archeologists to even dig in new areas. He is keeping everyone in the dark about information that could prove to change world views. Just so sad!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
Apparently none of you have met very many famous people. Lol. Hawass isnt all that different from many people at the top of their fields, he is just willing to be on camera while doing what he does, and most of them throw their hissy fits off camera and then pose and act all normal on camera.

I think he is funny. I love how he fires everyone constantly. Lol

Your right. I had the opportunity to meet him last year, and he is kinda like the "Red Queen" isn't he. "Off with his head".
If it makes you feel any better, he is a short man...that might explain his anger issues. LOL! (sorry to any small in stature men. Just making a joke)

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
The show is okay, but Mr. HawASS really is an ass. I wish I could get payed as much as he does for treating people like garbage. But that will never happen because I have compassion for others feelings. I really don't like this guy, one of these days, he's going to say the wrong thing to the wrong person and get punched in the face like he deserves.

Edit: Sorry for the rant, the show is pretty cool, but that guy REALLY makes me mad.

[edit on 8/5/2010 by Slash]

top topics

join