It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sad days in America.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
When this is what we have to look at...

Is this what it has come too?

That's oil around OUR flag..BTW..

[edit on 4-8-2010 by baddmove]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Just a piece of cloth in oil to me. It is sad no doubt. But i have no pride in being american, maybe i would have say...50 years ago, i dont know but nowadays, I respect the middle east more. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
double post sorry!!!

[edit on 4-8-2010 by reesie45]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by reesie45
Just a piece of cloth in oil to me. It is sad no doubt. But i have no pride in being american, maybe i would have say...50 years ago, i dont know but nowadays, I respect the middle east more. Just my 2 cents.

Wow..really?

I know we are a bit effed up at the moment but still..

you really feel that way......sadd..

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove

Wow..really?

I know we are a bit effed up at the moment but still..

you really feel that way......sadd..
I know it is, im ashamed to be a part of this country. Maybe if we did the right things and told the truth for once Id feel differently.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by reesie45

Well,in my opinion you're just an ahole who should move to the mideast if you love it so much.That way you can see how free you'ld be there...and we wouldn't have to suffer your presence here.
Also you'ld be happier and the US would be nicer without you.A win win situation.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
It isn't that the heart of America is bad I don't think...or even the brain,
but you have a parasite or rather a colony of blood sucking
low down limp deeke, socio/psychopathetic @$$ hat, ice wholes
that not just you,
but we, collectively
have to purge.

So, don't lose hope, quiting would be the biggest favour
anyone could ever do for them.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I guess giving the most money to charities, giving the most in foreign aid, and bailing out other countries with our awesome SuperMajority votes in the IMF are just things we should not be proud of. The world may want you to believe that the US is so evil that its despicable, but they don't stop taking hand-outs or put trade embargoes on us.

I remember a few years ago, people even said that the US didn't have as much of an affect on the global economy as we arrogant Americans think, but as soon as the global economy goes to crap, everyone blames America first.

I will say that we do wrong and aren't the shining democracy that we are supposed to be, but we also aren't horrible. Change is certainly in order from the inside-out, but America doesn't deserve abandonment from her patriots.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nivekronnoco

Too...Your kind of Anti -american rhetoric wasn't very welcome 50 years ago...In fact you would be considered a communist or fellow traveller...so go,find somewhere to be happy.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Really Ressie
you are ashamed of your country?? Of us americans? The rogue government we now have? The military industrial complex? Or just ashamed to what??

Why not find a better place to live? I really don't mean to attack but it blows my little, southern redneck mind that most people that feel the way you do can't find the good in the everday people who inhabit our country. It's the government that we have let ourselves become enslaved to that should make you ashamed. It's my-your-our fault that we are in this predicament. You think the Middle East is better??? Just blows my cotton-pickin little brain.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

And yet you stay. If you are so ashamed, I would think you would move to your beloved Middle East. Seems a bit hypocritical to me. There are many, many reasons to criticize this country and I honestly believe it is our right as citizens to do so. But please let's have a little perspective here.

The Middle East? Really?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Duplicate....sorry.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Avamarguy]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
'our' flag?

it looks to be plastic to me, so the irony is apropos. And it was most likely manufactured in China, so...

If it's 'our' oil, then surely we should nationalize the oil companies.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I can't believe you feel that way - America is still a great country, good people - we just voted in some that are trying to change it into a country that it was never intended to be. Perhaps you should leave and hang your head down when you do!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Where is that photo from?
I ask because the outline above and to the left of the flag makes it seem like it was just laid there moments before on purpose.Or photoshopped..

seems like propaganda too me..

~meathead

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood
'our' flag?

If it's 'our' oil, then surely we should nationalize the oil companies.

well, that would certainly get the ol' tentacles just a wavin'
and once you can see where they are cut em off.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike Stivic

my thought exactly.

and plastic flags made in china arent very patriotic, last i checked.

especially if they are intentionally soiled for a photo op.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike Stivic
To me it looks almost as if someone tried to pick it up, sliding it from its original position but decided it was too icky, so let it go.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Ya this is truely sad for how this whole spill has gone and whats to come of it.

The real disaster hasn't even started yet but its coming sooner or later.

Why don't you move to the middle east since you got more respect for them you go over and get ur but NUKED with those fools.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 4-8-2010 by slipknotrules2009]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
It isn't that the heart of America is bad I don't think...or even the brain,
but you have a parasite or rather a colony of blood sucking
low down limp deeke, socio/psychopathetic @$$ hat, ice wholes
that not just you,
but we, collectively
have to purge.

So, don't lose hope, quiting would be the biggest favour
anyone could ever do for them.
and you're exactly right, but now we americans have to figure out how we're gonna purge these parasites. i, for one believe that they have, with their positions, created laws that protect them as much as possible from the people, but we need to clear all of DC. walk up, unarmed if need be, and toss these fools out onto the street.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join