It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual EVP I recorded

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Godz Enigma

Originally posted by new_here

Sounds creepy though.

Um, sleep well...

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight???!!! LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I only hear 2 syllables...but pretty sure it's a child or female.

How old was the person who died of cancer? How old is the house?

He was in his mid 30's and its a trailer, about 30+ years old

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
I heard a little something think it was female but couldn't make it out. You might want to try sitting up a camera along with the recorder.

Yes and if the bed slides across the floor, forheavensake don't hang around like the idiotic family in Poltergeist movie... MOVE OUT!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
So far we have had people suggest what is being said as "Racist", "eight", "Ray's a joke" and "I am so hungry"

Really it is an indiscernible whisper. It is so hard to hear I will not venture to guess as to what is being said. I will share what I do hear though.

I hear a person, whispering. It sounds like a three syllable word/phrase.

I cannot decide whether it sounds male or female, though my gut is telling me male. Perhaps a younger male... but take that with a grain of salt.

That is what I hear and all that I can accurately/semi accurately say about what I hear.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I heard a little something think it was female but couldn't make it out. You might want to try sitting up a camera along with the recorder.

Yes and if the bed slides across the floor, forheavensake don't hang around like the idiotic family in Poltergeist movie... MOVE OUT!!!

dude I'm a ghosthunter, that happens in my house, its sooo on youtube!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

You might want to try sitting up a camera along with the recorder.

dude I'm a ghosthunter, that happens in my house, its sooo on youtube!!!

HomerinNC:
Do WHAT??? Like you actually go out seeking haunts? NC in your name... is that for North Carolina? If so pu-leassse don't chase your ghosts too far, as I am in South Carolina and quite content with boring ol' live, in the flesh encounters! And here I was all feeling sorry for you and all.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Here's a section of it with the noise reduced with Audacity.

EVP with Noise Reduction

The loudest voice (female) seems to be saying something like "THRAY-sitch." Which means nothing to me.

The other, lower voice (male), seems to be saying "daddy."

I can't make out what the middle voice is saying.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Blue Shift]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Play it backwards...
But if it's really creepy, don't tell me!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Play it backwards...
But if it's really creepy, don't tell me!

It's not particularly interesting backwards. No Devil chant or anything. But here's a different noise removal. I'm trying to clarify the voices without losing too much of them.

Those little chirps and whistles are an artifact of the noise removal process. But you can kind of get an idea as to the ebb and flow of the conversation between the various voices. In this version, the loudest female voice sounds like she's saying "disgraceage" or something to that effect. Check it out:

EVP Noise Removed 2

FYI -- Audacity is a pretty nice little open source (free) recording program that has some nifty little filters that can help analyze sound.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
that is pretty darn cool

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I could hear it better without the noise reduction.

Is there something i should adjust on my volume? I hear more of the chirps and digi background than the whisper now. I have on earbuds...i'll take a listen without them...see if that helps.

Love this stuff!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I know, I know, call on me!!! ...the ghosts are playing Pinball!

Just kidding, BlueShift-- Audacity is a cool program. I've used it before to create sound effects for our community theater's productions. I wonder if you sped up or slowed down the voices. (I only thought of that b/c I remember using that feature to turn a screechy file cabinet drawer into an electrical buzzing sound.) Audacity rocks!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
It's too fast. Seem like sound being fast forwarded. Does anyone try to slow it down?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Since the voices are relatively centered in the sound field, it may be possible to isolate the voices and eliminate most of the digital artifacts, which seem to be clustered on the far left or right.

I'll fiddle with it. See what I can come up with. There's probably a relatively easy way to clean this up, but I'm no expert. Just a fiddler.

P.S. -- Okay. Here's what I was able to come up with:

EVP Noise Removed 3

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Blue Shift]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
blue how were you able to reduce the noise?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

I hear the same thing. I am pretty sure it's 'that's racist' or 'they're racist'

I don't hear any stomach growl though....

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
blue how were you able to reduce the noise?

Audacity (download here) has a plug-in filter called, appropriately enough, "Noise Removal." It samples the sound, figures out what is noise and what isn't (sort of), and allows you to filter it out to varying degrees. It's not perfect, because you're inevitably going to lose some of the sound you want to retain in the process, but it's simple and works pretty good.

It's free, and works with a lot of different equalizers, filters and effects. Export to MP3 format, among others. It can also record directly from your sound card, which is nice. I like it because I don't have to drag out my Cakewalk Sonar, but it still can use the VST plug-ins. It would be a good addition to any EVP gatherer's tool kit.

In this sample, there was a weird, cycling low frequency hum that it got rid of completely, and most of the obvious noise. It allowed the female voice to be pretty clearly heard, even though what she says, "the raysitch," or whatever, doesn't mean anything to me.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
that hum was my air conditioner

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

OMG it sounded like one of them said, "They're watchin' "

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I hear

"It's crazy Joe!"

Edit to add: In the Original version that is.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Hellas]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Since the voices are relatively centered in the sound field, it may be possible to isolate the voices and eliminate most of the digital artifacts, which seem to be clustered on the far left or right.

I'll fiddle with it. See what I can come up with. There's probably a relatively easy way to clean this up, but I'm no expert. Just a fiddler.

P.S. -- Okay. Here's what I was able to come up with:

EVP Noise Removed 3

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Blue Shift]

Good attempt but you destroyed most of it. You can't hear it as clear as before

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Hellas]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join