It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Churchill and Eisenhower cover up UFO encounter?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Did you see them
The Sky news report I saw here in the UK said that Churchill had the 50 year rule impoosed on this wartime sighting.

So it ended 1995.

WHY WAS IT NOT RELEASED THEN ?

Perhaps because the incident never actually took place and Churchill never ordered a cover-up. All of this conspiracy-mongering is based off an anonymous letter sent to the MoD in 1999, wherein it claims the author's relative told them the story. That is it. There is nothing to support the claim.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by WideOpenSpace

I'm not suggesting it is disclosure of Alien visitation to Earth. It is just an interesting piece of anecdotal evidence.

I don't understand why every piece of information on UFO'S has to amount to full disclosure of the existence of Alien life for it to be relevant? The journey to that moment is just as interesting and thrilling...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
put it this way,if they REALLY did you would NEVER get to hear about it. so what you are getting here,is something you are mean't to get and for a reason. what is that reason??

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ewokdisco

You may well be right ewok or you may well be wrong. The Freedom of Information act is a pretty powerful tool in the U.K.. It is used by all sorts of groups to get information into the open.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Some of the major governments have some sort of concrete proof of extra intellignet existence and they are "probing" the population with Hollywood, the internet, and other programming. They are releasing documents like this to start out little and grow big...the goal is not to shock us into a panic...thats the whole point.

So like I said...disclosure is going to come in a variety of phases...so if there are aliens for lack of a better term...when we finally see them as a whole...we wont be very surprised or frightened as a whole when its finally presented.

All in phases.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Please don't add links / videos ect, without your personal commentary.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by elevatedone]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
someone in the other thread said
"is this the disclosure we've been waiting for?"

couldn't get any better than this...

last time they did the uap flooding..... n now...

RAF aircraft scrambled to investigate unidentified radar targets. A Parliamentary Question was tabled by Martin Redmond MP in 1996. An RAF briefing reveals there were an average of 200 scrambles every year to intercept Soviet aircraft during the Cold War. But from 1991-95 there were no scrambles to investigate unidentified targets on radar.
Papers can be found at DEFE 24/1983 (p40-48, p53).
ufos.nationalarchives.gov.uk...

da soviets....

well.... "raf aircraft were regularly scrambled to intercept & investigate uncorrelated radar track penetrating the uk air defense region".... which in other words.... based on the iff returns, prior scrambling.... the nature of the targets were already known.... en.wikipedia.org...

strangely, nothing about the 'ufo dogfights'...

and on the contrary....

they never took any further actions in regards to any radar readings after the cold war era...

pg.47 - parliamentary question # 1994H "to ask the secretary of state for defense, what is his department's assessment of the incident that occurred on 5th November 1990 when a patrol of raf tornado aircraft flying over the north sea were overtaken at high speed by an unidentified craft; and if he will make a statement"

response....

and what happened to that pic....

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Sky News are running an article about it all...

The WW1 sighting is another new one to me. Quite interesting that Churchill seems to have been involved even then.

news.sky.com... 6989

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I don't think we had anything that could hover next to a moving aircraft in the 1950's. Interesting note that Churchill feared that UFO disclosure would affect Christianity. I wonder if they still fear this today? I am sure that if UFO disclosure were to happen today it would affect a certain percentage of very strictly hard-line religious people in the world. But not enough to cause social collapse. It's time they just come clean and admit they exist.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
Interesting note that Churchill feared that UFO disclosure would affect Christianity.

Did he? I doubt Churchill had such fears as it is doubtful the event even took place. The claims about Churchill's cover-up are based on a 1999 letter from the third-hand source to the MoD.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I've been to the archives, can someone reference the DEFE document #?

That would be helpful.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

I believe it There are so many reports and sightings that have been covered up over the years.It is about time it all comes out so we know the truth behind what is up and beyond us

buzz.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
They knew what we know, nothing.
Not even Truman who let in the Nazi saucer techs and saucer
pilot trainers into NM.

US and Nazi intel got all the plans and scientists and continued to
work in secret letting Russia know of the saucer through headlines
in the papers.

Russia also had the Tesla wave technology but at the end of
the 50s solid saucer development grabbed the headlines with
rocket born satellites.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
in my opinion churchhill did cover up this UFO sighting, after all the most of the world was going to be in war for the years to follow.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
So Churchill and the Supreme Allied Commander were busy discussing Foo fighters, and Churchill was overheard saying "This must be classified as not to frighten the populace and conflict with religous beliefs"?

Some guy across the room heard him and now his grandson is forwarding the 70 year old grapevine??

Is this even serious?

Churchill was probably asking for his BLUE LIGHTER or something

[edit on 6-8-2010 by spinalremain]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Frankly, I don't know what all the excitement is about. I am not surprised that Winston Churchill classified information related to UFO's.

I don't think we need to focus on predicting an official disclosure that will likely never happen. Instead, we should focus on formulating a method of getting the evidence we need to prove what we already know is true and what our governments have been hiding from us for years.

The facts are very clear substantiating ET visitors for thousands of years as documented by almost every civilized group on Earth since historical records have been kept.

In my case, I only became interested while serving my country and being exposed to undeniable and what most of you would say is "unbelievable" physical evidence and "compartmented" (people with access will know it's spelled correctly) documentation.

Disinformation for years have distracted all of you from the "real" places you should be looking at such as Johnston Atoll which the government claimed was a chemical weapons storage area closed in 2005.

wikitravel.org...

Just a suggestion from a humble colleague.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by FactFinder

Yep sorry mate your right it's no big deal that Churchill may have ordered a cover up of a RAF encounter with a UFO. Its no big deal that apparently no one knew what these UFO'S were.

Jeez....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join