* This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.
* Wednesday, August 04, 2010 at 22:01:45 UTC
* Thursday, August 05, 2010 at 08:01:45 AM at epicenter
Location 5.804°S, 150.767°E
Depth 54 km (33.6 miles)
Region NEW BRITAIN REGION, PAPUA NEW GUINEA
* 145 km (90 miles) ENE (71°) from Kandrian, New Britain, PNG
* 236 km (147 miles) SW (222°) from Rabaul, New Britain, PNG
* 360 km (224 miles) S (181°) from Kavieng, New Ireland, PNG
* 429 km (267 miles) ENE (76°) from Lae, New Guinea, PNG
* 566 km (352 miles) NE (44°) from PORT MORESBY, Papua New Guinea
Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 6.4 km (4.0 miles); depth +/- 16.1 km (10.0 miles)
Parameters NST=112, Nph=112, Dmin=563.2 km, Rmss=1.1 sec, Gp= 32°,
M-type=teleseismic moment magnitude (Mw), Version=7
* U.S. Geological Survey, National Earthquake Information Center:
World Data Center for Seismology, Denver
Event ID us2010zncq
Still waiting on more info on this....
There have been multiple 7.0+ quakes in the last few weeks in this area.