It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dogs, as both a weapon and a tool.....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

That's so evil.

I would kill someone if they did take my dog, and hurt them very badly if they tried.

Of course, she wouldn't put up a fight. Too afraid. It's why I wont ever leave her in the car, and only with a few people I trust..

My dog is very alert, very good watch dog. Knows when someone is down the street when she's just sitting in one of the rooms here. Occasionally while studying, I'll hear her scamper down the hall and start barking at some poor parent taking their kids for a stroll. Of course she's no violent dog. I wish she was since I'd prefer a dog that snarled at people. (I really get sick of hearing OOOOH WHAT A CUUUUUTE DOG)

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Dogs as a tool, eh?
I think I will train mine to "dig" on command. A dog shovel, yeah, that's the ticket. While I sit under a shade tree and wait to plant the seeds. Maybe the cat will do the "cover work".

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Fellow dog lover here. I have 6...1 american bulldog and 1 lab "yard dogs" kept the census workers in their cars until I came out. I felt cheeky and did not call the dogs down, they took my info from inside their cars. Although, I blame my attitude for our second "verification" visit. Plus, I have to get my mail in town at the PO box...mailman wont get out. 2 Pyrenees guard the goats, hogs, cattle and chickens. Last but not least 2 chihuahuas who are our "early alert warning system". Their ears are like radar dishes and they basically call the "muscle" when anything is amiss. At 2 lbs apiece they live fat on what the big guys drop. They are equal opportunity barkers though, then the big guys and humans investigate and determine how they will handle it.

They also *could* make a decent emergency food source (the horror). Although, I would thankfully serve one up and lie like a politician to get the kids to eat it before watching one of my children starve to death.

You have to plan for them too in SHTF though. We raise rabbits that turn grass into protein packed dog food. A highly active dog will need 3% of their body weight per day. Each doe should produce 36 kits or more each year. My 6 dogs would need 3 8 week old fryers per day provided by 30 meat does in stacked cages along one wall of our barn. The Pyres used to catch and eat racoons and possums too....but I haven't seen any of those around for a while

Best advice for dog lovers? Overseed your lawn with clover and buy an old fashioned sickle and leaf rake for SHTF. In the mean time use a bagger and throw it to the bunnies. Keep 2 or 3 meat does and sell the offspring at swaps etc. Then if you ever NEED it, you are already 70% there. Our acre yard area gives enough clippings to keep the bunnies fat in the summer, but I have to use hay in winter.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

as far as my maggie goes, i spend most of my time lost in the woods or desert, depending on time of year.
as long as she's not sleeping, ain't a chance in hell someones gunna' get within' 100 yards of my r.v. without her letting me know.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
My 2 pits are all trained for security they exercise every day are fed specific proeins and vitamins, as are all my dogs, and they are quite larger than most pits but still i thought 65 lbs was a bit small. as for mine id sy they are about 3ft tall 3.5-4ft long about 1.5-2ft wide at the shoulders they are very large and I have made them that way so they can take on anything that dares enter my property w/o my knowledge.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

My dog barks like hell at anything, she just isn't tough up close. Of course when she want to play she can look and act real tough.

Probably enough to make a burglar fall down laughing until reinforcements arrive.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

lol, my last one was a rottie, hound dog mix. man wanna' talk about separation anxiety. i'd come back from the store, there's be the dog catcher. 4 calls in 2 minutes. it would sound like i was skinning him alive inside the r.v.

oooowwwwwooooooowwwwweeeeyyaahhhhhahahaha.

unlike maggie, no matter what i did, if he got off his leash....poof, gone.
he's get on the scent of the first rabbit and chase it across an interstate.
or just find it's hole and dig for china.
come back an hour or two later completely covered in cholla.
pretty big 100 pounds or so, gentle giant. wouldn't hurt a fly.
sometimes i'd track him down and find him in another camp, just playing with the kids, other dogs, cats he didn't care.
toss him a hotdog and you got a friend for life.
break into my r.v. and toss him a hot dog, and you could have anything of mine you want.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by americanwoman

great reply, would love to get back to a ranch/farm position again.
sounds like you've got an awesome set up. love it!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I had one dog from the time I was 23 until I was 42; my entire adult life with one dog. He was a Spitz breed, high-strung and awesome, tons of hair though. He would have made some excellent sweaters with the fur he would shed.

My new dogs I chose specifically because of 2012/end times scenarios. I wanted a hunting dog and I wanted the same independent spirit.

I picked one of the 10 Nihon Ken dogs, the Shiba Inu. It means Little Bush Dog. My male was first, he arrived at 9-weeks old, he was alone until he turned two, then the female arrived at 6-months old. She is now 1 and he is 3.

The Shiba was almost lost when Japan was bombed. Only two breeders remained and from those two families all Shibas today are attributed. Fossil remains of the Shiba, in Japan, date before 300 BC.

My male is an efficient killing machine. He does not play with the kill, he does not waste time. My female likes to torture her prey (very bad in my eyes, but the male steps in).

The pups are similar in appearance and behavior as Dingos, as they are considered a primitive breed and have not changed at all. The Shibas can form cohesive packs and there is an Alpha hierarchy based on the Alpha female. Shiba pups bite hands like a wild animal! LOL

Here are my pair

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f846fe35636c.jpg[/atsimg]

These two will feed me one day! I let them eat the squirrel as it is not a favorite of mine.

The Shiba has a dual coat and is considered water-proof. They also will go wild if lost or if I should die. They are survivors and very opportunistic with birds and game.

Japanese Dog Breeds

My all-time favorite is the Shikoku Inu, because it looks like a Wolf. Of the Japanese Breeds the Akita is the most well-known.

There are pictures of Nihon Ken engaging bears and taking them out, as well as deer and elk.

Japanese Wolves--Cryptomundo Part 1

Japanese Wolves--Cryptomundo Part 2

[edit on 8/4/2010 by Greensage]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

awesome, never heard of them. how is the breed in public, could can you walk them down the street, can kids say hi etc..........?

edit to add, is it safe to assume the orange one is the male?
they almost look like a malamute type cross.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by rubbertramp]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Walk around with a pit bull and you'll meeting many people who love the breed.

The media has definitely demonized pit bulls -- among other things in life... unbiased by arse.

A few years ago, I stumbled upon a pit. He turned out to be the best dog ever. And I've had dogs since I was a baby.

He's menacing to look at. But he's the sweetest dog. I would even trust him to protect children. He watches over them and will die to protect them. If the kids try to move out of the yard he would bark to let me know. And, best of all, kids can play with him all day -- poking his eye, pulling ear or tail, etc. -- and he'd love it.

Since I had a pit, I've met many other pit lovers -- far more than I thought there would be. All of them swear pits are their favorite.

Its all about upbringing -- like children. Teach them to be violent and they will be. But raise them with love and care and you'd get something better.

If it wasn't for Home Owners Insurance not covering pit bulls, I'd get more pit bulls.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by guppy

i have no doubt about what you say, in ways your only agree with things i've already stated. just wondering, are your pits fixed?
like i say over and over this is one of the main differences.
i vend at flea markets and shows.
you are absolutely right, pits are everywhere. i've seen many where the owners understand the dogs, and have no problems.
i've also seen many where the owners have uncut males and laugh as the dogs show aggression towards each other. like dog fights are fun in public setting.
i've also seen fights get out of hand, and children being in the wrong place.
resulting in me beating a pit with a steel bar in order to get it to unlock from a young girls shoulder.
i have no problem with someone like you owning pits, none what soever.
i do have a problem with those that consider them status symbols, which is common in many urban areas.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Sumdumguy

That is some specialty food you got there dude, did you realize your doggies are the size of a black bear?
I would patent that food and take those dogs on a worldwide trip and make some money.
Now one thing that I do know because of the nature of this website is cameras are everywhere, pics. please or it didn’t happen.

If nobody had guessed yet dogs are my soft button, you can blow up buildings and people, rob, steal, cheat Etc. and never get as strong a response as if you harmed a dog, in physical or print.
Buckle up.
That is some impressive list you got there, I guess Pit Bulls are evil.
I tried to Google Chihuahua attack and got no real results, I also tried Dachshund and got some rather cute videos of a little herd of doxxies.
All of these Pit attacks you seem to reference seem to have happened in the US.
I wonder how many Pit attacks there are in say, Germany or Russia or China I would imagine that there are very few, as people, gangs in particular tend to prefer regional dogs.
German Shepards, Sharpei, wolfhound, Black Terriers.
I can go on for days with a dog to fit a region.
I have an old female Sharpei and I promise even being my old girl she is days more aggressive and dangerous than any of my dogs.
The truly magnificent thing about stats or numbers is they can be skewed to fit a purpose, and good deeds are seldomly recorded.
Do you know that the “Buster Brown” shoes mascot / logo was a child and a Pit Bull?
Our gang “The Little Rascals, their dog was a Pit; both representations are of loyal loving dogs.
Sgt. Stubby was a US Marine in WWI he was the highest decorated war dog in the history of the US military, Google him if you doubt me. He saved humans and animals alike, hell even saved a cat.
Pits are demonized only because they became a gang symbol in the 80’s as that is the most readily available dog found in inner city shelters that and they do look rough and tough, and that they happen to be arguably the most loyal dog on the face of the earth. Therefore they make an excellent guard dog, Pits only live to make their human happy.
As for your Top 10 dangerous Dogs list, have you put any thought into what makes something “dangerous”?
A true danger would be for anyone to come into my home uninvited, or attempt to hurt a member of my family, and then you would see danger, not from my dogs but from me in particular. Pits only mirror the same as their human would.
So if you have a bad human the Dog no matter what breed will generally be maladjusted, cut or not.
I would suggest if you truly knew anything about dogs or the politics involved, pits in particular you would have no evil to speak of them.
I know I know you have the metal bar and a little girl and you hit jaws and…
I saw that story on that cop show again pics, or it didn’t happen.
Anyone who would speak ill of any dog is wasted in my opinion as we the humans are the mutant strain in the dog equation and perhaps we should look inward to see the real problem.
The only thing that keeps you off of my respected foe list is I will not group you with the word respected.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

actually, i think you are agreeing with my sentiments more than you realize.

i've said over and over that my main problem with pits is that humans use them as a status symbol.
i have no problem with any dog that is well cared for and not taught or bred for aggression. alot of times i don't have a problem with that either, if someone is strickly after a guard dog, and treats it well.
let me ask you this, which i've repeated and no one touched.
as far as pits and other breeds, do you think inbreeding and/or over breeding will affect the pups in any way?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Wow, sage, those are a couple of awesome looking pups.

I grew up loving dogs, but due to many different circumstances, was unable to adopt one of my own until about 2 years ago. He's a 3 year-old Lab-Hound mix. Very intelligent and athletic, very friendly. He's not much of a tool or weapon, other than the obvious alarm for when someone is approaching the house (not that I need that). Well, he's a licking machine as well, if anyone needs one of those.

It's just great to have a buddy around whose always up for a quick trip to the James River, or pretty much anything else you are doing. I assume with a little training he would be the perfect hunting dog, as he lays low and stalks deer and other animals when we go to the woods, the hound in him really starts to come out in that element.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Just thought I'd throw this out there for keeping the dogs you love bug free when commercial debuggers aren't available

www.care2.com...
here is a good solution to the flee and tick problem

www.hort.purdue.edu...
for american penny royal, a good bitey bug repeller
PS
the home site here has some really good SHTF info for plant aspects of the situation.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Thanks for the links bones, some real good info there. Fortunately in the mean-time there is plenty of revolution to go around.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

My problem is people are seeming to focus on the evil that Pits do, there are other breeds out there that are much more "aggressive".
And yes inbreeding and overbreeding is bad for anything that can produce offspring.
Sorry, as I said doggies are the soft button.
Only 2 good things left in the world babies and doggies.
And we all know what happens to babies in about a dozen years, they become tainted.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
in case anyone is really coming to the conclusion that i just hate pits.
i'd like to explain a bit more. in my opinion certain dogs are bred for certain reasons, these dogs have certain characteristics, like a pits 'locking jaws'.

this is from wiki, 'pitbulls.'

American Pit Bull Terrier Main article: American Pit Bull Terrier American Pit Bull Terrier The American Pit Bull Terrier is the product of interbreeding between terriers and a breed of bulldogs to produce a dog that combined the gameness of the terrier with the strength and athleticism of the bulldog.[8] These dogs were initially bred in England, Ireland, and Scotland, and arrived in the United States with immigrants from these countries. In the United States, these dogs were used as catch dogs for semi-wild cattle and hogs, to hunt, to drive livestock, and as family companions;[8] however, some were selectively bred for their fighting prowess,[9] and starting in the early 20th century, they began to replace the bull terrier as the "dog of choice" for dog fighting in the United States.[10][11] The United Kennel Club (UKC) was the first registry to recognize the American Pit Bull Terrier.[12] UKC founder C. Z. Bennett assigned UKC registration number 1 to his own dog, "Bennett's Ring", as an American Pit Bull Terrier in 1898.[8] American pit bull terriers today successfully fill the role of companion dog, police dog,[13][14][15] and therapy dog;[16] however, terriers in general have a higher tendency towards dog aggression[17] and American Pit Bull Terriers constitute the majority of dogs used for illegal dog fighting in the United States.[18] In addition, law enforcement organizations report these dogs are used for other nefarious purposes, such as guarding illegal narcotics operations,[19] use against the police,[20] and as weapons.[21] The fighting reputation of pit bull-type dogs led the San Francisco Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals in 1996 to relabel pit bull terriers as "St. Francis Terriers" (not associated with the "Terrier" mascot of St. Francis College in New York) so that they might be more readily adopted;[22] 60 temperament-screened dogs were adopted until the program was halted after several of the newly adopted dogs killed cats.[23] The New York City Center for Animal Care and Control tried a similar approach in 2004 by relabeling their pit bull terriers as "New Yorkies", but dropped the idea in the face of overwhelming public opposition.[24][25]

many may argue, which i sure don't mind, i love conflicting conversation.
yet i do belive threw breeding certain characterisitics are past on for generations.
a few other to add more to the pitbull only arguments.
mastiff, big, usually friendly dogs, but uncut males tend to be very aggressive towards each other. ever try to break up a mastiff fight?
once a mastiff gets into it, like many pits, it is a fight to the death.
unlike say a lab, labs tent to stop once another dog either backs down or is hurt bad enough to stop.
some of the worst i've personally dealt with are wolf hybrids. many of these dogs do not do well restrained. if they don't release energy by running many miles a day, they literally bounce off the walls. will bite at their owners trying to get their point across. huskies can be very similar.
another bad thing about these dogs can be if they get cornered. if they feel like they have no where to go, no way out they can turn on their owner, common at the vets, most are careful of this.
one other breed i'll mention, are heelers.
snappy dogs to say the least.
many not at all good with children, tend to snap at your heals when playing, or uptight over something.
don't play well with other dogs, for the same reason.
the true ranch dogs, working dogs, would rather stay outside and round up livestock 24/7 than be anywhere near your children.

i've been bit numerous times over the years. if it wasn't while volunteering at a pound, it was usually by my own dog.
my aussie-wolf had been in a few fights over his 16 years.
it's the old, grab your dogs tail and pull them apart routine.
well, no matter what, he'd turn around and latch onto my hand.
man, that hurts, even with gloves on.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp
, like a pits 'locking jaws'.

this is from wiki, 'pitbulls.'

Ok like I said earlier it’s simply an issue of you being falsely educated.
First off anyone can write to Wikipedia, this is good as if someone has info that nobody else has it can then be common knowledge.
Now for the bad, any idiot can write something that any other idiot will believe and quote as fact.
Wanna know a real FACT?
Pit Bulls DO NOT HAVE LOCKING JAWS.
This website is backed up by people with actual experience and a doctor or 2.
Source
Please, if you need to speak then for Goddess sake, study the issue first before you go looking the fool.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join