It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN

Now could someone explane to me one instance where homosexuality occurs in nature besides humans?

Just in case it's not apparent, humans are fairly distinct from the rest of "nature".

Maybe you'd like to point out a single instance where religion occurs in nature besides humans...

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by humbleseeker

The United States Constitution is the highest law of the country; not the Bible or any other religious law.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

more of this homosexual agenda nonsense wow thought all that nonsense had been debunked numerous times,and in regards to your post where u said u don't do business with them and there not allowed in your home the home part find and dandy hope some gay cop never harasses you as it could Possibly lead to your arrest if u were to mouth of to him and as far as the business part goes if you own a business and deny some one service because they are gay and they they use your above post in a court of law i think that might just cost you your business as i think that's considers discrimination (ie blacks only water fountains rules from the olden days) as to the op's post we cant ignore the what it was about due to the fact that it was unconstitutional and there for not a legal law to begin with regardless of how it was voted into effect

like some one said above sore one for the constitution when she hasn't been scoring to well these days

fyi not trying to attack any one its just that statenents like that if tied to you can be very problamatic in these pc times

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by humbleseeker
I suppose the people who do not want gay marriage, and I am one of them should push for a change in the constituation to a total outright ban on gay marriage.

Too bad the constitution states you cannot deny a group rights that everyone else has.

here are some supreme court cases that prove this.

Loving VS Virginia

Heart of Atlanta Motel, Inc. VS United States

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

Can you understand any animal language, if they even have one?

No?

So how do you know if an animal can comprehend or witness religion or not. If one is religious, one does not just believe in a book, one also believes in a god/ similar.

link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN

Ignore for the moment if you will what the ruling was on, instead lets focus on the issue that steams me.

The people of CA Voted and a judge overturned the vote of the people. I am sure that no matter what way this went it would have been appealed anyway.

What scares me is what if we have a vote on lets say a senator and the judge steps in and rules for the person other than the democraticly elected one.

What then?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

And if we take a vote and vote to murder you because you have red hair and then a judge steps in and says we can't democratically elect to murder you, then what?

link   
Hello there. Please contribute your thoughts on the previous thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you. Thread closed.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

So if it had been a straight judge that ruled this way it wouldn't have been unbiased?

Or would you be now saying hes secretly gay?

Or maybe its a straight judge with a gay niece I suppose that would make him biased as well?

Or what if it was a straight judge who had a gay housekeeper?

The list could go on forever before you could find someone without the smallest bit of reason being biased one way or the other we simply have to trust that those that make these decisions either one remove themselves due to their bias or are capable of looking beyond said bias.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join