It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

No one's forcing "immorality." You're free to look down your nose at anyone you want. Teach your kids that what those people are doing is wrong. Nobody said you had to like it or even tolerate it.

If it is of your opinion others are going to hell for their actions then by all means roast marshmallows over their burning souls.

God gave free will, right? So use it the way you want. Just dont expect others to use their the way you want. That wouldnt be free will anymore, would it?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

I wasn't going to go there but I am "Gay" Someone did

In only a few years they will be teaching Homosexuality in all the schools.

The NWO agenda is to destroy the traditional family rulings like this only help their cause.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN
Well I didn't want to inject my moral beliefs in to the subject. People have the freedom to do what they want. However forcing ones imorality on to others is wrong So what will come next?

America has lost any morals it once had anyway.

Quoting the Bible here would be pointless.

So really what's the point.

Who are you to decide what is moral or immoral? If you have to acquire your morality from a book then I feel sad for you because you have no idea what it means to be a human being.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

What a narrowminded thing to say. They are shunned "because they are different"? Maybe Hitler was right then, eh?

Their love "isn't the same"? How so? I know some homosexual couples who love more deeply and more romantically then their straight counterparts.

I'm straight, and married. I have an agenda. My agenda is that NO ONE be treated as "lesser than" "because they are different".

Perhaps it would be ok for me to teach my child to shun midgets? Autistic children? Better yet, we are an english speaking family. Perhaps we should shun anyone who CAN speak English but CHOOSES to speak another language, in the privacy of their own home, where it doesn't affect me one iota. I mean, by god, HOW DARE THEY BE DIFFERENT!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DraconianKing

I can decide whatever I want.

It's my right not to like what others do.

No law can make me change my views on the issue.

If God made Adam & Steve .... Where would we be now?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

And by the same token, your views and opinions cannot change laws that restrict others' rights. Right?

[edit on 8/4/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

You're correct, now law can make you change YOUR VIEW. However, YOUR VIEW should NOT be allowed to take away someone's rights under our constitution. What if "We The People" voted that anyone with YOUR VIEW be locked up? Majority rules?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MConnalley
He looked at me and said "I thought this was a democracy?"

Maybe you ought to inform your father that we live in a Constitutional Republic, not a democracy.

link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN
Well I didn't want to inject my moral beliefs in to the subject. People have the freedom to do what they want. However forcing ones imorality on to others is wrong So what will come next?

America has lost any morals it once had anyway.

Quoting the Bible here would be pointless.

So really what's the point.

How does one enforce morals, since morals are subjective?

And what part of this ruling forces immorality?

How does anyone force another to gay marry?

Can this ruling force YOU into a gay marriage?

Does this ruling invalidate YOUR right to marry whom you love?

link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

The only reason they want this law is to have access to benefits that are or were reserved for a male and female marriage. Their "love" is not the same love that is shown between man and woman and therefore it goes against all the laws and rules of nature.

How is their love not the same? Please source the science behind this comment.

How does it go against the laws of rules and nature? BTW, there is rampant homosexuality in the animal kingdom. If you need more links than this let me know

The trouble about the homosexual agenda is that they want me and every other heterosexual male and female to accept them as they are. Well, fine and dandy but I don't have to sit down at the same dinner table with them or even acknowledge them for any reason as far as that goes.

What exactly is the "homosexual agenda"?

What is wrong with accepting someone for who they are?

Theuy are shunned by the heterosexual community because they are different from us. They say that they can't help themselves for being the way they are. Fine and dandy again. Just don't try and change the way we feel about them. They're not allowed in my house nor do I do business with them. That is strictly my CONSTITUTIONAL right to happiness.

you may want to change that first sentence. I am happily heterosexual, and have many gay friends. There for, they are accepted by the heterosexual community. They are shunned by closed minded bigots such as yourself.

To all homosexuals: have your constitutional rights OVER THERE!

I am pretty sure they are happy to stay clear of you =)

Some questions for you, if you want to help explain your viewpoint:

How does someone else being gay affect you personally?

How does two people getting married that are of the same sex affect you personally?

How would you react to finding out one of your children or relatives were gay? Would you still invite them over for dinner?

When was the last time a gay couple tried to sit down to dinner with you? If never, why did you include that in your post?

Just needed some clarification!

~Druidae

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Druidae]

link   
The term "dictator" is generally used to describe a leader who holds and/or abuses an extraordinary amount of personal power, especially the power to make laws without effective restraint by a legislative assembly.

Now i know the judge is not making laws but he is changing them or over turning them with out a legislative assembly. is a judge at this point a dictator with the power to over turn the voice of the people?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
This is flat out an Equal Rights issue - - - that should NEVER have been put to vote by the whims and religious belief of people.

Religious belief has zero business in government - - let alone dictating the rights of a minority.

In my opinion - - - (and probably close to the fact) 99% of those against homosexuals are because of Religion. Religion has no authority over laws of a minority group.

It is my opinion the courts allowed this so - - it could go through the courts - - and eventually be settled as unconstitutional - - - and finally irrevocable.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Layla

Constitutional rule not mob rule?
Sort of like that?

Good thing we have the Constitution, I say, because opinions and the media and political wars to sway them are everywhere.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Thank you for bringing this good news. I applaud the Judge for taking in consideration equal rights for everyone. Btw this is coming from a straight person.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
The term "dictator" is generally used to describe a leader who holds and/or abuses an extraordinary amount of personal power, especially the power to make laws without effective restraint by a legislative assembly.

Now i know the judge is not making laws but he is changing them or over turning them with out a legislative assembly. is a judge at this point a dictator with the power to over turn the voice of the people?
It is not dictatorship. It is righting a wrong. Judges are supposed to go by the constitution. This one did his job, job well done. He is not changing laws, he is enforcing our constitution. That is what my taxes pay him to do, and good for him for doing so.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Well, it won't be long until an earthquake destroys most of California and then radical Christians can say it was God's wrath.

My take on the whole subject is this:

1.) I do not support gay marriage. I have two children and if they wanted to marry the same sex, I would not support it. I would still love them, I wouldn't abandon them... I just wouldn't support their marriage.

2.) Why do you need the Government to recognize your marriage again? I'm currently married and I had to do it for immigration reasons... and only immigration reasons. It was the only way my wife could be legal. Other than that, if I were to get divorced and remarried... I wouldn't want the state to recognize my marriage... I would only want the church to do it.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

We're not a Democracy, we're a Republic and this ruling is a great example on why you want to live in a Republic. There are a lot of times the majority is wrong, as has been pointed out in other posts here.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I am a christian Conservative.

So throw your stones.

Genesis 2:24-25 says, “Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.”

Hebrew 13:4 says, “Marriage is honorable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.”

In Romans 1:26-27 Paul is very specific, “For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.” In 1 Corinthians 6:9, Paul wrote, “Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind.”

Sources

Now could someone explane to me one instance where homosexuality occurs in nature besides humans?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Links were already posted earlier in this thread which provided examples of homosexuality in nature.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
Why do you need the Government to recognize your marriage again? I'm currently married and I had to do it for immigration reasons... and only immigration reasons. It was the only way my wife could be legal. Other than that, if I were to get divorced and remarried... I wouldn't want the state to recognize my marriage... I would only want the church to do it.

Mostly because of legal reasons - same as you.

A marriage license is really nothing more then a legal document/contract saying you are two people combining a household. The license is basically to protect rights and property of the individual.

There are many insurance issues. Hospital visitation issues. Death benefits. etc etc etc

This is the main reason gays want the right to marry. Legal issues.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join