It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the internet damaging our abilities to focus and read books?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

I too read multiple books at one time. My problem is I rarely finish any. The internet helps me by finding books similar to the one I am reading and to instantly research what I am reading. However when I go to the internet to look something up, I never get back to the book. Pretty frustrating. I need to learn to focus.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Jess_Undefined

Looking at the replies to the thread, I am thinking it's mostly just me. Perhaps my "conditions" are getting worse. Something for me to work on fixing now

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by IandEye

This concerns me too. I absolutely notice that I scan a lot. It is getting harder for me to slow down and take in what I am reading. The main problem I have is with my email and ATS. I check my email a million times a day (I am not as popular as I wish I were
), and I click the darn "recent threads" button 5 billion times a day.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
From the results of my non-poll, it looks like it is mainly a problem I have. Need to work on focusing my mind.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I think this is very true for younger generations. I my self find I'm reading more books. I went from one a month to 1 every 2 days. I notice now that I read faster because the internet just makes me read faster... Don't like the glare from my computer, why I will not buy E-books until I'm forced to.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join