It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5-19-13 EXPECT US

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneYouFearIsRight

Here i'm gonna help you and others out...

“5-19-13 Expect Us” Is a phrase mimicking the idea of an apocalypse on 2012. No confirmed details have surfaced as to what the date signifies other than a supposed 4chan revolution. The purpose of Operation Apocalypse (Where the phrase “5/19/13 expect us” came from) is to create widespread panic and/or speculation about what the date means for the amusement of those involved. It was also stated that /b/ is doing this as an attempt to show its power of information dissemination. The date itself is completely random and most likely nothing will happen (similar to Y2k Etc.) The phrase “Expect us” was chosen because of its vagueness and the way reader’s imagination will interpret it to mean different things. The apparent leader (or leaders) of OA calls himself/themselves /b/rain and made it imperative that through the spreading of the message, you should seek to avoid permanent property damage.

The rules for OA are as follows, but in the OP it was stated that rules can be bent.

1. Don’t talk about OA
2. Don’t link OA to /b/ or 4chan
3. Don’t explain the meaning of the message to civilians
4. Ideally don’t get caught writing the message
5. stop all activity on New Years 2013 and sit back and observe.

I bent rule 3 for you

edit on 16-7-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

This kind of more confused me than anything...

So it is real or isn't it?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

An experiment in memetics.
It's what makes viral marketing so effective.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

It's not real, the idea is to draw fear and laugh at what people suspect may happen.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Nothing...turns out anonymous are doing it just for the lulz...

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I have been seeing this everywhere. I am a long haul trucker from California and have seen it on currency I have gotten in change in several different states. I have looked it up and seen the OA image from 4chan etc but I have been seeing it more frequently. What if everything is a misdirection and something really does happen? Not much time left if they really are planning something. This is the newest youtube video and it's only a few weeks old.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I have been reading up on 5/19/13. and this is my 19th birthday. i would like to have more info on this please. Is it the Illuminati, apocalypse. which means zombies. maybe even god. i dont know.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by edcnot1994

As you work through the thread, you will discover that it seems to be a social experiment on the part of people at the 4chan website.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
been lurking on here awhile but decided to sign up! hey guys! just a thought. there's a few sites for this floating around eg: www.05-19-13.com...

is there anyway someone could check the sites script to see what will happen when the timer ends?
i would, but i'm pretty clueless when it comes to html and the likes.

i am guessing it will just be a page view counter or something to show how many people have visited it.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
This is really weird and people are giving all kinds of explanations of what could happen. The mystery of '5/19/13. Expect Us.' will soon be revealed, given that 5/19/13 is a week away. So to all those wondering (So am I) we only have a week to wait.

Here's a strange Youtube video about this:
www.youtube.com...

It was posted very recently, and comments are disabled.

Could be nothing. A prank like most people say.
Could be something written in textbooks.

Most likely the first one, but you never know.
But I'm going to be kind of nervous when May 19th comes.

edit on 12-5-2013 by Ambie because: Added content

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Interesting stuff OP

I'll do what I always do on a doom date . . . . .and throw a big party!

To do list:

Put canopy up in back garden
ice down some beer
crank up margarita machine
light the grill
buy some prime beef steaks
buy hot dogs for the kids
find the zombie fall out shelter sign leftover from my 12 21 12 party
etc
etc

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
As with everything I read on the internet, I take this with a grain of salt.
However, just minutes ago, before popping into this thread, I saw this on Facebook.
(again, reading it with a bit of skepticism)
www.facebook.com...

It says that based on what's going on with the Obama Administration, and the Benghazi attacks, that we may have a false flag event within the next 7 days, in order to cover up their mess, and save their political careers.
Not sure if I believe it, but it's interesting that 5-19-13 is just 7 days away...and this was posted today.
Weird!

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Britster1821

Interesting post, highly skeptical. I think if something happens on May 19th, it won't be because of Benghazi though.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Ambie

Oh yeah, I agree. I just thought this was interesting. I would have never seen this post, if I hadn't shot straight over here and hit the recent posts.
I almost find it humorous. But at the same time...if it happens, can't say we weren't warned

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Comment from www.urbandictionary.com...

5/19/2013 Share on twitter Share on facebook Share on more 5 up, 3 down On this day the moon crosses the equinox from Virgo, into Libra. At that moment, Pluto and Uranus become perfectly square (90 degrees 0 minutes) to each other. It seems as if the moon is what activates the square. This will be the 4th time out of 7 exact squares between 2012-2015. Pluto being in Capricorn has to do with our government and structures, and Uranus in Aries symbolizes new beginnings. Based on this it may be apparent that this will 'not' be the end of the world, but just another step in the cycle.

The Pyramid of the Sun at Teotihuacan was built in the first century AD. It has a base ten feet shorter (on each side) than the Great Pyramid of Cheops, and a volume of 2.5 million tones of stone and earth used in its construction.
The alignment of this pyramid was designed to coincide with the two days a year (May 19th and July 25th) when the Sun would be directly over the top of the pyramid at noon. Read it at Advantage Mexico - Teotihuacan www.advantagemexico.com... Gracias!

edit on 12-5-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bikeage
been lurking on here awhile but decided to sign up! hey guys! just a thought. there's a few sites for this floating around eg: www.05-19-13.com...

is there anyway someone could check the sites script to see what will happen when the timer ends?
i would, but i'm pretty clueless when it comes to html and the likes.

i am guessing it will just be a page view counter or something to show how many people have visited it.

This guy says:SkepticGuy

3rd February 2013, 05:47 PM Whomever it is uses the same Google Analytics account (UA-12426342, visible in the source code) as these guys: www.robotvsbadger.com... Somehow, I don't think Anonymonimous would us Google Analytics.

forums.randi.org...

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Since this is only a week away shouldn't there be a new thread on it? I had no idea about this date. Now i need to read THIS thread

Interesting that with 2012 ahead 2013 is what is mentioned in the 5/19/13 and this video.

Michel Jackson and 2013

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

a new thread would be good. i think you'd get a whole lot more opinions of what its gonna be haha, and its only a week away! so not really too long to wait.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Its your mother in law and her new boyfriend coming to stay during their two week vacation
Personally, I'd feel safer with aliens.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
The United States debt-ceiling debate of 2013 is part of an ongoing political debate in the United States Congress about the appropriate level of government spending and its consequential impact on the national debt and debt ceiling. In mid-January 2013, President Obama requested an increase in the debt ceiling and the US Treasury announced its projection that all government funds would be exhausted between mid-February and early March.[1] The parties could not agree on measures to achieve a long-term resolution of the issues. As a result of the failure to achieve agreement on a long-term solution, the debt ceiling was suspended on February 4, 2013 until May 19, 2013. During this period, the debt ceiling will be raised to a level "necessary to fund commitment incurred by the Federal Government that required payment."

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join