It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beautiful Aurora Borealis in Norway!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

These solar flares hitting Earth sure are creating some beautiful skies! check this out in Telemark!! Im sure we will be seeing even more beatuiful lights like this tonight!

[edit on 4-8-2010 by ziggyproductions05]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Kind of a bummer I sat outside till 4am last night full of hope, but the city lights were killing it just wasn't strong enough yet. Perhaps tonight will be the night after many years we see them in the north Buffalo area? That's if the clouds and rain can hold off.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Wow,

I was hoping and wishfully thinking that I would get to see them, but I guess we will have to wait til the next Big One!

I loved this, too short of a video though, I cannot wait to see more.

Thanks for posting, as I was up every half-hour last night looking out the North facing window. LOL I won't try tonight.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Unfortunately im a little too far south to see this. I have always wanted to see the northern lights in action. If i were to capture just one good picture it would DEFINATELY be a permanent wall paper on my PC!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
It was cloudy early, but then our skies here got cleared up by midnight, and that half moon was so bright, I couldn't even see stars. I am on the 53rd parallel, it was almost seeming too light out. Looking north doesn't work for me, it's daytime up there.

I saw them once in the winter, 3 or 4 years ago, they were beautiful. I braved the cold and stood outside just staring up for about an hour.

Never thought I would be too far north to see them in the summer

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Hey does anyone know if i will be able to see anything in northern indiana?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I wish I would of seen it... I live in Michigan, I am not sure if it appeared here or not

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by tierrafragil
I wish I would of seen it... I live in Michigan, I am not sure if it appeared here or not
Yeah id like to see it.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I live in southern Michigan and I didnt see anything last night. Im dying to see this though!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
To those in michigan, have any of you seen that one bright star to the right of the moon?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by reesie45

Yes I have, its there every single night. It usually becomes visible above the trees near my house starting around 12-1 am.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05

Yes I have, its there every single night. It usually becomes visible above the trees near my house starting around 12-1 am.
Same here. Have you noticed any moving stars that just dissapear too? And how about shooting stars? Ive seen two of those within the past month.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I have not notice it, I will pay attention and let you know, I try to keep my eyes on the sky as much as I can but at nights with 3 kids around me all the time is almost impossible

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
It comes out at about 12 or 1 am. Ive been watching it for the past couple of months and its getting farther away from the moon.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by reesie45

Same here. Have you noticed any moving stars that just dissapear too? And how about shooting stars? Ive seen two of those within the past month.

yes, those moving stars i've seen are most likely satellites, they lose their light as they move over the curvature of the earth. I have seen about 5 shooting stars as well in the past couple months. I even saw something that looked like debris falling through the atmosphere. I always keep my eye to the skys and seem some pretty cool stuff.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by reesie45

yes, those moving stars i've seen are most likely satellites, they lose their light as they move over the curvature of the earth. I have seen about 5 shooting stars as well in the past couple months. I even saw something that looked like debris falling through the atmosphere. I always keep my eye to the skys and seem some pretty cool stuff.
Yeah i was told they were sattellites but I like to think its something else, You never truly know anyway. Its awesome to speculate though.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

very true-i've looked on sites like heavens above and have been able to identify some of the satellites, other times i just dont bother to look them up. I've noticed there is a lot of scintillation of the stars around here in michigan as well.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

very true-i've looked on sites like heavens above and have been able to identify some of the satellites, other times i just dont bother to look them up. I've noticed there is a lot of scintillation of the stars around here in michigan as well.
Yeah its one of the good things about this area, if you live in the right place there isnt too much light pollution and you can see the stars and such very clearly.

new topics

top topics

join