It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Try to contain your excitement...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Hello there! :]

My "name" is obscure_reference. I couldn't come up with anything more clever on the spot, haha.. anyway. I'm a 21 year old girl and I live in the great state of Washington, which we all know is chock full of cryptid-y bigfoot wonder.

I've been interested in all things pertaining to aliens, UFOs, cryptids, ghosts and anything especially odd since I can remember. I do believe in the possibility of alien visitation, and that a lot of cryptids are real. I don't generally trust the science and laws of man, which might sound really stupid. But I have always believed firmly that absolutely anything is possible under the right circumstances.

I'm very open-minded and, most importantly, open to the possibility that I'm completely wrong. I've had many a paranormal experience, and even a couple UFO sightings, but I know that a lot of respected and intelligent people could argue that I was hallucinating or it was a trick of the eyes.

So. To wrap it up, I'm a big believer in all kinds of crazy and wonderful things. I'm not big on politics, and I love to talk about religion. I'm really glad to be a part of such a huge network of believers, skeptics, and curious people.
I hope you all welcome me into your 'family'.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
well, welcome to ats have a good time

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by obscure_reference

Welcome to ATS obscure_reference, nice to meet you friend enjoy the great data within the threads and do your best to keep an open mind with some of the material provided as well. Some may be bull while other information may be true... See you in the boards.

JAK

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Hello obscure_reference and welcome to ATS.

That was a great introduction, I look forward to seeing you around the boards.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Welcome aboard obscure_reference! Sounds like you will enjoy this hood, lot's to learn and "unlearn."
Happy truth pursuit

spec

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Welcome!

May your stay here be as enlightening as it is entertaining.

~meathead

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Welcome to our delusional family
2nd line

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
You made me look up the word "cryptids".

Welcome!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Welcome

You sound like a good fit for here.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by obscure_reference
I don't generally trust the science and laws of man, which might sound really stupid.

It doesn't. I love you. You are the sister I never had. Welcome to the family.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Welcome, like you I just joined because of the same reasons

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, we need more people like you who question our reality as it is dictated to us by society and Mass Media.

How much of our reality is a direct result of what we have been told to believe without any proof ?

As a scientist I also question the unknown and is what lead me into this profession. For before it was proven by science what was it ? A mere fable or fallacy ?

That is also why I believe in the unknown, or at least the possibilities of their existence.

As a scientist, I often times use the invention of the airplane as an example.

For It wasn't theoretical physicists or degreed engineers who devised the mechanical workings of the first airplane, but two (formally) uneducated bicycle mechanics named Wilbur and Orville Wright who actually got a heavier than air machine to actually fly !

So believe what we are told, to a degree, but do take it with a grain of salt.

Remember the motto here at ATS to Deny Ignorance.

For knowledge is power and the Truth Shall Set YOU FREE !

Welcome.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by nh_ee]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Love the title

Welcome to ATS

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Welcome obscure_reference! I'm giddy with excitement because you joined!

Some of my interests are like yours.

I'm interested in crop circles as well. I am neither sure they are all "real", nor am I convinced they are all hoaxes. I just don't know.

I AM, though, amused by comments like, "why would a race of beings who have interstellar travel technology possibly need to make some sort of marks on lil ole Earth, or have a need to communicate using crop circles?"

Two of my sort of lighthearted theories are 1) there's an interstellar scavenger hunt going on and these are markers for the various teams. 2) Obviously these things are created by gangs of youngster/gangster aliens tagging their territories.

Human logic. Heh. And it must apply to some possible alien race, cuz why?

Again, welcome!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Welcometto the fold. Im from wa state as well. Looking forward hearing more about your sightings.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
hey welcome
im a 20 yr old female college student so were in the same boat. i love it here so far and hope to have some great discussions! what do you like about religious topics? im really into them too. i enjoy politics but im more of an onlooker lol

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JAK

Thank you so much!
It's so nice to get such warm welcomes from people who've been here much longer than I've even heard of it. I definitely look forward to gaining more knowledge about topics I've already dedicated so much time to.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

That makes me happy to hear! I've only studied or looked at all of these things by myself; I'm not used to receiving much more than an argument or a weird expression after I talk about the crazy supernatural things I love, hahaha.
I'm so surprised, and pleased.

top topics

join