It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Day says new prisons needed for "Unreported Crimes"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
USA citizen here ...

I like the spirit I hear from you Canadians. You're all set to really do something about these assholes. Please show us how. Down here we've failed. I don't have any substantive advice either.

This guy is saying stupid ridiculous things. What a malapropism, punishing unreported crime!

Well guess what, that's what was going on here in this country 10 years ago. What a malapropism, "war on terrorism". Anyone knows you can't have a war on terrorism. "Axis of Evil", what laughable stuff.

And here we are today. W meant every word he said. Those were official policies, billions were spent on them, the news media supported those causes, people died fighting those "wars", and the War on Terrorism continues today.

He's not joking. He's announcing. You are not intended to be able to do anything about it. I do hope a surprise is in store for "them" this time, that they've slipped.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Well, they should have unreported prisons for unreported crime. And if you get sentenced to one, be sure to unreport for it.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
The worrying thing about this, to me, apart from the fact that this guy really should have a mental health check, is that they have become so incredibly brazen.

Since Obama's election, particularly, it's as though everything has stepped up a few gears and everywhere these psycopaths are no longer attempting to hide their assault on people's intelligence and their contempt for people's freedom, society, and for anything which is good.

It is happening in all countries which are part of this psycopathic band of mentally ill thugs who have carried out a huge coup and have declared war on the people.

Make no mistake about it, they HAVE declared war on us.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by wcitizen]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Read this yesterday in the metro. Made me spit out my coffee when I read the head line. This just goes to prove to the Americans, are government is just as reckless as yours and they think we are just as dumb. They just built a super prison for youths in my town. It was a multi million dollar project and with in not even a year, reports were saying that abuse was an active part in this jail. They must want to arrest more meth junkies and dope smokers.

It's funny, we coughed up a BILLION dollars for 72 hours of security, resulting in 1000+ arrests. Why don't we take the same measures on street crimes?

Here's a tip spend another BILLION and in 72 hours arrest 1000+ thugs from around the streets. Go to jane and finch, go to rexdale and regent park. And arrest all those thugs who are responsible for daily shootings. But no, we need to be on top of a couple suburban kids drinking and smoking in forests.
Or arresting a guy for a few plants in his backyard, and hey you know, if your going to break in MAKE SURE YOU KILL THE DOGS.

How about this, less prisons, more prevention.
Release the silly men you have in your prisons who were arrested for obscene things like "growing a plant" or "being addicted to a substance". And put the thugs from the street in those cells.

We go about this ALL WRONG.
Prisons never do anything but make people angry and crave vendettas.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Would he be talking about these unreported crimes?

www.citycaucus.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Not sure about Canada, but in the United States, more and more surveillance cameras are popping up to catch everyone from a speeder to a dealer to a killer. At least that's the official claim.

They just installed around 15 or so in my area -- despite falling crime rates and having zero money in the budget.

What used to be unreported crimes may in fact now be recorded crimes.

Like I said, not sure about cameras in Canada, but it may be something to look for.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Good point, appears Canada has been doing that since 1999.

www.bccla.org...

Maybe the unreported crimes have been part of 10 years of spying on us, hence how they can put a number to these unreported crimes.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by quest4info

I don't think so. It would only be a few people. And being well off and well connected, they probably would not be incarcerated.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Edit:

I just watched the video. So they were already spending the money, they just needed an excuse to justify it.

Typical politician slime balls.

Hell at least Obama makes an effort to be convincing...

No human being in their right mind (sheeple or not) would believe this bulls@$%

[edit on 5-8-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Day is an elitist arrogant SOB.

That said - the most obvious reason for the falling crime rate is also why we should not ignore new prisons being needed.

The crime rate is down because Boomers are getting older, and older people are less likely to commit reportable crimes, or have been commit it for long enough to know how to avoid being charged.

As the Boomers enter into seniority there will be a temporary increase in some violent crimes in this demographic, from the proportionally large numbers of people suffering from senility, dementia, or Alzheimer's but not being properly dealt with or diagnosed do out of character things.

(Dubbed by Me as The Mel Gibson Effect. The Forever Young Generation is going to go ballastic when their pretty people start showing up with Early Onset mental decline - like Mel Gibson is.)

The immigrant child boom and its attendant cultural adult clash should float those numbers back up again in a few years.

[edit on 2010/8/5 by Aeons]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

Presumably, unreported crimes would include citizens participating in impromptu acts of civil disobedience or 'illegal' demonstrations.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

Presumably, unreported crimes would include citizens participating in impromptu acts of civil disobedience or 'illegal' demonstrations.

smack48

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JewelFlip
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

When I say criminal, I mean a person who has committed a crime (broken the law). They're any kind of people.

I know. I'm one of these people, at least I think I am... it's still a crime to smoke weed in Canada, right?

But I digress. What Canada considers to be crime has little to do with morals as it does population control. Like what Nixon said, can't have those damn kids reading books and smoking marijuana cigarettes.

There is a hierarchy within organized crime. The Hell's Angels, or other groups like them, are at the top - which has its own internal power structure. Below them are the major importers, who receive very large quantities of product. They pass this down to local sources. Who then in turn pass it on to your friendly neighborhood drug dealer. If any person acts out of line, those higher up will react. Now we can also argue that it goes even higher than the Hell's Angels and into the political and economic world, but I think everyone can agree on that.

Not sure where you're from but it's different here in BC. Mind you there's two different types of drugs on the market; the natural kind that expand your mind and the cost-cutting, mind-melting drugs that destroy you. I'm in favor of the first, and most of BC's natural drugs are grown, sold and used locally, and usually have nothing to do with the bad drugs. Bad drug operations are run by high-level gangs and generally have to be well organized, but like I said, I condemn people who use crap like crack coc aine or meth as much as the people who produce it.

But just like the gun registry program, it's a joke. Gun registry program was said to be put in effect to prohibit the guns that criminals use. Unfortunately criminals tend to use the same models of guns that police do, or guns that are imported anyways and have nothing to do with Canadian firearms. Same story for bad drugs, the people producing it have enough influence within all police, RCMP and political levels to never even see these new prisons that Mr. Day is going on about.

EDIT: Just to add a comment to people who think "unreported crimes" concept is good because it would encourage people to report more crimes. Considering the true anarchist nature of Canadians, this would lead to a lot more gang hits on rats and would eventually create much more of a problem that never existed in the first place... but that's the Canadian way!

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
build more prisons?
just close the borders.
but not the mexico one!
coming in any way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join