It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Day says new prisons needed for "Unreported Crimes"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

B

etter yet why not use all those FIMA camps,that way they could spread it about their buds

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The federal government announced new regulations on Wednesday that target organized crime in Canada by designating several "signature activities" of criminal groups as serious offences

Read more: www.cbc.ca...

Looks like they found the new fodder ....
The changes already passed by Prime Minister Stephen Harper's cabinet amend the Criminal Code's definition of serious offences to include 11 specific offences, including illegal gambling, as well as prostitution and drug-related crimes.

Read more: www.cbc.ca...

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by juniperberry
The problem is that most of these 'small crimes' are committed by people who have been sent before the judge and then released onto the street 'cause there isn't enough room to incarcerate them.

They IMMEDIATELY go out and commit more 'small crimes'. Most small time criminals are repeat offenders and if anyone knows how to reform them in the most effective way possible, I'm certain the government would like to hear from you.

You obviously know dick-all about Canada. What our government considers to be criminals are usually the best and most patriotic citizens our country has to offer.

Canada runs like this: LEADERSHIP is the 10% or so of top Canadian elites who care more about their own personal rise to power or money gain than the interests of the people. PEOPLE usually don't know or really care about what the government has to say because our country is so diverse that a crime at one coast is everyday life on the other coast.

Canada used to be a good democratic example to the world... before 9/11. The Canadian government no longer listens to its people and now works very hard to control us and any resistance is labelled as "terrorism" and is countered with "Emergency Task Forces".

Let the retards in our government build these prisons. We will not hesitate to smile as we eventually throw them all in there for high treason of selling our country out to American interests.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Looks like Stockwell Day has been studying doublespeak. 'Prisons' = detention camps, unreportedc rimes = those who don't agree with the gubberment.

Time to stamp your feet my Canadian brothers and sisters.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by wcitizen]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I have to vehemently oppose "letting the retards build these prisons" as it comes with a $10 - $13 billion dollar price tag. That money could go toward research on recidivism and programs that would lower those risks, and it would come with a cheaper price tag than this solution.

I whole-heartedly agree that people don't know or care about what the government has to say but I think it is due to an apathy that has developed out of the fact that for years government says one thing and does another, or says that they will be tackling a serious issue but do so in the most counter-intuitive or counter-productive way.

It is almost a mixture of apathy and fear. Apathy toward a government that is based on the ego of its members. Fear of what could happen if you reported someone "powerful".

There is a general rule where I live: Keep your head down, and your mouth shut.

The organized criminal world is a society with social hierarchies, and general rules of conduct - but above all, it is a business. However, unlike the real world, if someone steals money or is working against the social order the "victim" can't really report them to the better business bureau or the police. They must take justice into their own hands since their business is based on illegal activity. If you ever hear of two "thugs" shooting each other, it is most likely because one of them owes the other money, or has violated some part of their contract. Criminals police the criminals. That's why crime rates go up when gangs like the Hells Angels are run out of town.

So for people who have been exposed to criminal activity, and are aware of both the judicial side and the "law of the jungle", there is no reason to ever report a crime (organized crime) because not only will you have to be fearful of the people you're reporting but also the people you report it to.

www.ctv.ca...

With this response from the Justice Minister defending Day's claim and the recent amendments to the criminal code, you better believe that these politicians are well aware of this part of society. They may even know members of these groups and of their activities, but they're not going to put their neck on the line to report them.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by hthjason

I thought the US was a police sate!

Actually it is. It's a model for all other police-states in the world to follow.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Is $13 billion enough to create the space needed for all the politicians who have commited fraud that wasnt reported?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
It sounds like they are preparing for a future overflow of political prisoners. Since in the next couple of years the north american union will be in full swing because both countries canada and the USA will have had there currencies and economies completely collapse. Thus rushing in the new cashless borderless society of ultimate control and brainwashing. The backlash will be huge and the amount of people imprisioned will be huge. They aren't wasting money they are getting ready my friends. They don't even bother to explain themselves anymore, because they no they don't have to.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
What the H-E-double hockey stick!?

Mr. Day needs to take a step off his pedestal and come down to reality for a check.

Unless, this is the snow thats finally balling up into something too big to stop

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by hthjason

Day says new prisons needed for "Unreported Crimes"

www.ctv.ca

Stockwell Day is facing criticism after he suggested that Ottawa needs to spend billions of dollars on new prisons in order to lock up people who commit unreported crimes.

The president of the Treasury Board made the comments at a press conference on Tuesday, which centred on the Conservatives' plan to cut the federal deficit.

When asked by a reporter why the government intends to spend billions of dollars to expand the penitentiary system in the face of falling crime rates, Day replied: "People simply aren't reporting the same way they used to."

"I'm saying one statistic of
(visit the link for the full news article)

sounds like that movie Minority Report.

The question is...

Who is the one that is "checking" on the "unreported criminal" if the crime hasnt been reported? Psychic Operatives?

Things are getting weirder and weirder. Has anyone else had "strange" feeling for the last few days like "something is amiss" beyond the usuall level of "messed upness"?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by hthjason

Is there anyone here who has watched this guy in action who is really that surprised? This is Stockwell Day we're talking about here. The really sad part about him is, no matter how ridiculus what he says is, he truly believes that the rest of us are too dumb to see it.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Stockwell Day ... stupid by accident, or stupid by design?

This guy has a history of stupidity. I wish someone like Pierre Trudeau could rise from the grave and shake the stupid out of him.

Unfortunately, our current leaders smile on stupidity.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
And the language Day uses , Unreported Crimes, how will they catch the supposed criminals they havent been able to catch before, well I think we all know the answer to that, they will side step the charter of rights and freedoms our constitution. In order collect intelligence, and prosecute canadian citizens similarly to americans and what they do using the patriot act and other human rights removing policies.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by believeyoume]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The source of info on unreported crimes must come from the only folk adept enough to finger the perpetrators... all those 'psychic' debunker types of course!

Psalms 52:1 Why boastest thou thyself in mischief, O mighty man? the goodness of God endureth continually.
2 The tongue deviseth mischiefs; like a sharp razor, working deceitfully.
3 Thou lovest evil more than good; and lying rather than to speak righteousness. Selah.
4 Thou lovest all devouring words, O thou deceitful tongue.
5 God shall likewise destroy thee for ever, he shall take thee away, and pluck thee out of thy dwelling place, and root thee out of the land of the living. Selah.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by JewelFlip
Criminals police the criminals. That's why crime rates go up when gangs like the Hells Angels are run out of town.

So for people who have been exposed to criminal activity, and are aware of both the judicial side and the "law of the jungle", there is no reason to ever report a crime (organized crime) because not only will you have to be fearful of the people you're reporting but also the people you report it to.

HAHAHA, have you ever experienced Canadian underground society before? I live it. These aren't criminals, they are Canadians who are too smart to get sucked into the system and so they live for themselves, and in doing so they usually end up in some sketchy situations.

However don't kid yourself, there is no organization to the Canadian underground, except for gangs in which case it is Hells Angels that are dominant (usually fueling the drug wars between blue and red type gangs). Most of these "criminals" put themselves aside of the law instead of under it, and in the case of Hells Angels, they sometimes own the law.

Criminal is only a government term. Canada, which describes itself as a multi-cultural melting pot of people, is extremely discrimitive with its standards system. If someone writes you're a bad apple on government paper, then you can say good bye to your privileges and you'll be forced to end up on the street, commiting suicide, or doing what you gotta do to survive which in turn makes you a "criminal".

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I think you guys might be missing something.
Break it down into 2 parts.
1:What Day said and 2:the articles authors interpretation and the facts he backed it up with.
Like the article, all of you are looking at the idea of crimes WE, the people don't report.
But is Day talking about something else? Is he talking about all the info they have gathered on all the people and the unreprted part is that FROM the government institutions?
If so it makes sense that Day is simply too far removed from our mindset as people thinking government works for us, which is anything but in the present climate in the world today and simply spoke as if it is common knowledge..
So, is Day talking about the coming roundups for all those that have, are and might commit crimes against the corrupt and ever increasing government institutions?

This could even include thought crimes, irs debts, lol, maybe even outstanding traffic tickets as huge governments have to figure out how to exist without taxes coming from industry.
Here in the usa 2/3 jobs are government jobs.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by manna2]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I would think what Day intended to say was that under the conservatives new anti-crime plan, with new legislation, more people would be encouraged to report crimes because the prison sentences for their assailants would be harsher and longer. It would also be harder for criminals to get out of prison once their in, hence the need for more prison space.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
The only major unreported crime i know of in Calif is when someone does a number on a criminal.

This is common in some areas.(rural)
You catch a criminal in the act and you hand out swift punishment by beating the **** out of them then warning them to leave town when they get out of the hospital.
(also known as small town justice.)

In most cases these criminal can not and will not report it as they are on parole, probation, or have warrants out for there arrest.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

When I say criminal, I mean a person who has committed a crime (broken the law). They're any kind of people. What I was saying before was not directed toward the stereotypical view of a criminal, crime does not depend upon a specific race, SES, or any of that, although there are certainly groups that are prosecuted more often than others.

Yes, it is a government word, and if you are a part of the country you are subject to its laws (unless you rule the country). Canada's justice system has serious flaws, and as I said before - the $10 - $13 billion that you were willing to give away to fund prisons- could be used to improve those flaws if people were willing to fight for it.

There is a hierarchy within organized crime. The Hell's Angels, or other groups like them, are at the top - which has its own internal power structure. Below them are the major importers, who receive very large quantities of product. They pass this down to local sources. Who then in turn pass it on to your friendly neighborhood drug dealer. If any person acts out of line, those higher up will react. Now we can also argue that it goes even higher than the Hell's Angels and into the political and economic world, but I think everyone can agree on that.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
This is going to require a lot of thought [/sarcasm]

If Stockwell Day, the meat puppet he is, wants to play this game... let's see? How many politicians engage in bribery, lobbying involving kickbacks or malfeasance, general theft, theft on expense reports, nepotism, accepting the proceeds of crime, treason, dereliction of duty, accepting tribute from foreign governments, intellectual property theft, public funds and tax fund fraud, etc?

Survey Says! ALL OF THEM! Politicians, especially career politicians are corrupt by nature.

So if they want to start populating prisons with people involved in unreported crime, they can start with themselves.

Of course, since we know they are not going to turn themselves or their partners in crime in for processing and incineration, oops, I mean incarceration, I wonder how they propose to arrest and try people with no evidence, no injured party, no legal complaint and no law broken.

We really need to get rid of this government and at least the other two major parties, otherwise, we are going to continue to see the same garbage over and over again, except it'll get still worse.

Cheers - Dave

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join