It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane crashes into building in Phoenix, Arizona

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Plane crashes into building in Phoenix, Arizona

news.blogs.cnn.com

A plane has crashed into a building near an airport runway in Phoenix, Arizona, a Phoenix fire department dispatcher said Wednesday.

One person died when the SR22 aircraft crashed while trying to land at Deer Valley Airport, the Federal Aviation Administration said.

Scott Walker with the Phoenix Fire Department told CNN affiliate KNXV the plane hit City Wide Pest Control, near the airport, at North 19th Avenue and West Deer Valley Road.

Video footage from the scene showed white smoke rising from what appeared to be a two-story building.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I wonder if this was a terror attack or just some random accident. Unfortunately, there isn't too much information out about it yet, though it is a developing story so stay tuned. The link provided includes a video.

This story is developing. We'll bring you the latest information as we get it.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Stay tuned....

--airspoon

news.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edited to add: Apparently, it has been decided that it was an accident, even before information has been released on it.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Probably nothing, that's a single engined 4 seater... I expect a lot of people that have a minimum of experience fly those... An accident of some sort, maybe some old dude had a dodgy ticker and popped his clogs on the landing approach or something.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

It could be a repeat of the Austin, TX incident, or at least made to look like it. These days, you never know. Im not a pilot but I spent my career working out of in-flight aircraft (though not in control) and after 9/11, the Austin, TX incident and Sully's slip'n slide, it's pretty hard to crash into a building, though certainly not impossible. If the pilot is still concious, he will almost always try a controlled crashed away from populated areas, if for nothing else than to follow in Sully's foot-steps.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Downtown Phoenix is split in two. he must of been a really bad pilot to still hit a building.

No offense to the deceased. RIP

new topics

top topics

join